Twenty-Eight

Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          The next morning, Tiffany woke up to find the sofa empty. Turns out Taeyeon went back to her dorm to prepare and attend classes today. She thanked both Tiffany and Jessica for taking care of her in the note she wrote for them. 


Tiffany pouted her lips upon reading the note. "But I was planning on cooking for her..." she cooked breakfast for her and Jessica instead and prepare for school as well afterwards. 


She's a bit distracted today- no, wait, scratch that. She is very distracted today thinking about Taeyeon. After what happened last night and what she felt knowing Jessica might be interested in her Taetae keeps on bugging her mind. Tiffany's well aware she can be possessive at times even when it comes to friendships but why did it feel different last night? It's as if she feels threatened by her own best friend just for caring for Taeyeon. 


"Focus, Tiffany." she told herself as she look at her paper. There are still many empty spaces to be answered yet but she's having mental block at the moment which is a real problem. Everything she studied yesterday suddenly vanished in her head. She released a heavy sigh and started tapping her pen on her table. "Damn it, I can't screw this up. Get out of my head, Tae." 


She forced herself to remember everything or at least anything she studied for until the very end but failed. Tiffany massaged her temples and closed her eyes out of frustration. This rarely happens and when it does, she knows it's not just something she could ignore. She couldn't understand herself, she couldn't understand why she became possessive over Taeyeon all of a sudden. Jessica is her friend too but why doesn't she feel threatened by Taeyeon? 

 

It's not the same for both of them. Tiffany thought. 

 

Tiffany felt off the whole time in class for overthinking and she keeps on cursing herself in her head for screwing up her quiz paper. While arranging her things in her locker, a guy came up to her. The good-looking Choi Siwon. 


"Hey, Tiffany." he flashed her a smile as he approach her. 


"Hi, oppa. Do you need anything?" Tiffany nicely asked. 


"Uh, well..." Siwon shyly rubs his nape knowing Tiffany has her eyes fixed on him. "I kinda...wanna go out later. I was thinking if you could join me?" 


Tiffany then continued what she was doing before giving an answer. "I'm sorry, oppa. I'm not really in the mood today." 


"Oh, did I have a bad timing?" he puts on a serious face when Tiffany nodded her head as a response. "I'm sorry. I'll try again next time then. See you around." Siwon gave her a smile before leaving.


Tiffany was wondering as well why she didn't accept his invitation. Siwon is one of the most decent-looking guys here in university and now that he has asked her, she's suddenly not interested. She said she's not in the mood. Well, why isn't she in the mood? 

 

Because of Taeyeon. She answered her own questions inside her head.

 

She then thought of an idea how to clarify things out for herself when she got home. "How about I leave the both of them alone for a while and see how I feel about it? That should explain everything...right?"

 

TAEYEON's POV 


          I went straight to their apartment after class and today seems pretty much normal than usual. Tiffany is busy and Jessica is in her room so I have no one to talk to at the moment. Then I thought of the coffee shop that I've been wanting to try since then so I asked Fany whether she'd like to go with me but apparently, she can't be disturbed right now. 


"But you can go with Jessi if you want. I'm just really busy right now, Tae. I'm in a rush." she told me. 


"You gonna be okay here?" 


"Yes." she nodded her head and gave me a smile. I immediately went out her room and knocked on Sica's door. 


"Sica?" 


"Door's unlocked!" I heard her yell so I opened it right away. 


"Hi." I greeted with a smile as soon as I see her. 


"Hey." she sat up her bed. "You idiot, you went to class right after getting sick." 


I chuckled at her for scolding me. "I'm okay now, I swear." 


She glared at me before speaking again. "What's the matter? Do you need anything?" 


"Are you free? I'm going to the coffee shop I was telling you about." 


"Like, right now?" she asked and I nod my head as a response. "Why don't you go with Tiff?" 


"Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter