Forty

Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What?" 


"Yes!" she has now cupped my face using both of her hands and gave me a peck again. Suddenly, the feeling of dizziness went away. I wasn't able to move for a second out of pure shock because of what she had just said.

 

No, no, no, no. Jessica...

 

"I know that you've been waiting for this moment. You even exceeded my expectations today, I feel so happy." she caressed my cheek. 


Whilst she's starting to get emotional, I couldn't feel anything. But how can I tell her now that this is not what I wanted when she's all teary-eyed staring at me? Do I really have to be a right now and break her heart on the spot? 


"Thank you so much for waiting, Tae. I love you." 


When she closed the gap between us, my eyes started shutting on their own and as I try to return her kisses, the thought of Jessica wouldn't leave my mind. It feels as if I'm betraying the one I love.

 

This doesn't feel right.

 

I pulled away gently not to offend her in some way. "Is there something wrong?" she asked. 


"Fany-ah..." I softly called her name and her eyebrows raised, indicating for me to continue so I did but I was cut off. "I actually-" 


"Yo, Fany-ah!" Yuri's loud banging on the door startled her. "Your sister is looking for you, come out!"


"Why did you have to bang the door? Ugh." Tiffany rolled her eyes. "I'm coming out!" she yelled before turning to me again. "Baby, let's talk about it some other time, okay?" I want to talk about it now that I still have the gut to face her but it left me no choice but to nod my head. 


"Come on, let's go out." she offered her hand as she stand up. "Or do you want to stay here for a while?" 


"I'll stay here for a while." I said and she left the room without me. I rested my elbows on my knees and put a hand on my face as I look down the floor. This feels like déjà vu from yesterday. I'm sitting on a bed again and thinking about what I should do. My breathing gets heavier, feeling stressed about everything.

 

Maybe I shouldn't have made her feel so special today. God damn it, Kim Taeyeon.

 

"All this must be a ing dream, right? All this must be some kind of a joke." I chuckled. "Wake up." I slapped myself. "Wake up, wake up, wake up." I repeatedly told myself but no, I really am living in this bull right now. The mess that I have made. 


That's when I gave up slapping myself. It won't do anything, in fact, I just look stupid. I set my gaze back onto the floor and tried breathing slowly. "I can't lose her..." 

 

JESSICA's POV


"I want to tell you that I meant what I did. It was no accident." 


"You shouldn't have done it. Let's not complicate things any more, Taeyeon." 


"I know I'm not the only one feeling this way, Sica. I'm going to figure things out."


"Yah, unnie. Stop zoning out, will you?" Soojung interrupted my thoughts with her complaint. I blinked my eyes a few times in order to come back to my senses. The scenario kept on repeating inside my head and I kept on hearing her voice telling me that she would figure things out. "Are you okay? Is there something bothering you?" 


"I'm fine." I answered, trying to avoid her eyes. I heard her sigh and turned into Amber. 


"Can you give us a sec? I just want to talk to her." 


"Soojung..." she put a finger on my mouth to shut me up.


"Sure." Amber says and began walking towards the door. 


"Thank you." Soojung told Amber before the latter leaves the room. Once she heard the door shut, she asked me again. "What's the matter?" 


I stayed silent for a while, thinking whether I should tell her about it or not. "Nothing. I'm just tired, I guess?"


"And you really think I'm going to buy that crap?" that sarcastic question of hers finally made me look at her. "Tell me what's wrong." 


I started playing with my fingers as Soojung wait for me to talk. I just had a talk with Taeyeon in the kitchen before I come back here in my room, reason why her words kept on repeating inside my head. My chest started feeling heavy again thinking about her. "Soojung, I don't know what to do." I told her, my voice trembled a bit. 


"About what?" 


"Taeyeon..." I frowned upon looking into her eyes and looked away again. "...she kissed me yesterday." 


"She did what?" the tone of her voice clearly stated she's surprised. It took some time again before I could talk. 


"We had a talk earlier and I think she's finally owning up to her feelings but I don't know what to do. I shoved it to her face that she shouldn't have done that." my vision went blurry as tears start to well up in my eyes. "I can't just tell her how I feel when she already has Tiffany." it didn't take long before my tears start falling down my cheeks. Feeling my sister's embrace just adds up to make me more emotional than I already am. 


"Well, it's not really too late, is it? For all I know they're still not together, right?" I heard her say. 


"Does that make anything better?" I sarcastically questioned her in between my cries. "She's courting Tiffany and they both like each other, that should be enough reason to complicate things." 


"Oh my god, this is so corny but I think she had a change of heart, unnie." she says. "You have to talk with her again before it's too late." 


I remained quiet for a while but after realizing what my sister just said, I finally stopped crying. "Are you literally considering I break my best friend's heart and steal the girl she likes? Because there's no way I would do that." 


She groaned and pulled away from me. "Girl, you can't steal someone who's not in a relationship. Plus, Tiff unnie seems a bit controlling even though they're not yet official, don't you think? The way she acted during our outing was..." I looked at her and she shook her head before she proceeding to talk. "Anyway look, I know I sound like a right now but wouldn't it be better before things get so much worse? Okay, let's say you and Taeyeon unnie both choose to forget what happen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter