Sixteen

Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Our brunch went well, thanks to Krystal and her gossips. Nickhun also enjoys talking to Amber about cars and other things. While having a chit-chat with Krystal, I can't help but glance at Taeyeon every time. She seems to be having a good time talking to Jessica and it's like I'm not even here. She won't even take a look at me.


Am I going to be replaced, Taeyeon?


"Unnie, you're not even listening." Krystal's voice brought me back to reality. 


"Sorry, what is it again?" 


"What are you looking at anyway?" she turned to where I was last looking and found Taeyeon and Jessica on her sight. "Why don't you join them?" she asked in a low voice. 


I gave her a fake smile and shook my head, "I'm okay. I'm having a talk with you." 


"You're not even paying attention." Krystal told me. 


"I was! I just got distracted for a second."


"Let's talk later. We should split the bill so we can leave." she said and I agreed. 


Upon requesting the check, Nickhun insists he pay the bill bringing smiles on everyone's faces. "This one's on me, guys." 


Or so I thought until...


"I'll pay for my own." says Taeyeon with an expressionless face, turning the eyes of everyone on the table at her. 


This time I managed to speak, "No, Tae. It's okay, you don't have to-" 


"I'll pay for my own." she said again. I heard my boyfriend scoff so I held his hand to calm him. 


"Fine." he said. I've seen Jessi give Taeyeon a couple of taps on her knee, trying to keep her cool too. God, if ever things go south, I'm the one to blame for bringing Nickhun here. 

 

AUTHOR's POV


          Jessica thought she was doing a great job at keeping Taeyeon distracted from losing her cool because of the fact that Tiffany brought her boyfriend here until what happened earlier. Taeyeon's mood quickly shifted again and keeps on glaring at the guy as they walk behind them on the way to Lotte World's entrance. 


Jessica nudged Taeyeon's arm with her elbow to get her attention. "Just pretend he doesn't exist." 


"If I only knew he's gonna be here, I wouldn't have come."
 

Jessica lets out a sigh. "Look, it's not entirely my fault. Tiffany brought him without my knowledge, I was surprised to see him earlier in the apartment. What else can I do when he's already there?" Taeyeon remained quiet but Jessica doesn't want her to stay like that all day. They went here to have a good time. 


Once they bought tickets, they all had different plans of which are the ones to ride first. Jessica and Amber wants to ride the extreme ones but Krystal and Tiffany doesn't like the idea and plans to ride the chill ones first so Jessica did not waste time and dragged Taeyeon with Amber following them from behind to ride Bungee Drop. 


"Yah, Sica, are you crazy? We just ate and you want to ride that thing?" Taeyeon points a finger at the huge ride. 


"You need it to let the negative energy out of your body." Jessica joked. "And besides, we had enough time to rest before we go here so shut up and come with me." 


Tiffany watches in silence while Krystal had both of her hands on her waist as they watch the three go. "Ah, jinjja...my sister will be the death of Taeyeon unnie, I swear." 


"I didn't know you'd want to ride something like this. Aren't you full of surprises, princess?" Taeyeon t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter