Surprising Hyewon

Dating App Match
Please log in to read the full chapter

Carrie's POV:

A year after Heath's Father Died and Two Years after Heath received the message.

Hyewon's Father died a year and three months ago, I got to meet him and spent time together with Hyewon. He took several photos of us on a day out we did. This photo now sits in one of the frames we had all over our place. He was as great as his daughter in taking lovely photos. His timing impeccable may I add. Hyewon was now doing okay, she lives a happier life with me beside her. Today was her birthday, July 5. My Team was all over the house, hanging decors, cutting out stuff, playing with ZeeZee and some helping me cook together with some friends from in and out of the Industry, including her P!nk Magazine co-workers. Madison Unnie and Serenity Unnie were here in the Kitchen, helping me cook, we each moved to get things going. All day we were at the kitchen, constantly cooking our Kids' meals and preparing for Hyewon's Surprise Birthday Party. 

"Zuha! Can you please bring me the miyeok at the table?!" I shouted for Kazuha as I was still cooking Hyewon's Miyeok-guk. 

"Neh! Here you go, Mon Trésor." She replied to me as she handed me the bowl of Miyeok or Seaweed. 

"Gomawo, Zuha-chan." I replied to her. 

"You're welcome." Zuha replied to me as she went back beside Yunjin who was busy whipping up egg whites.

The egg whites will be folded into a whipped cream that will serve as a topping for her cake. Which Madison Unnie was baking and watching currently. Serenity Unnie who was busy preparing the Takoyaki Station, she's been chopping several ingredients for the Takoyaki Balls which she will make later on, she and Nichole as well as Harper will be manning that station. My Kids, Hanielle, Harlowe, Macy and Eunice were helping out with the decors. Well at least three two of the kids were trying to work hard on the decors, Hanielle and Harlowe were the usual lovebirds who can't seem to get their hands off each other. They're too much love dovey with each other that we just got tired of calling them out and just let them be.  They're currently in the living room, doing more lovey dovey stuff than accomplishing something. 

"Yah! Hanielle! Stop trying to kiss Harlowe." Macy shouts across the living room.

Hanielle giggles at Macy and it was Ray and Honey who cuts into the bickering.

"Yah, Yah, Yah! Both of you focus on cutting those cut outs! Come on, so Harmony and I can stick them." Ray and Honey chorused. 

I shook my head upon hearing them bicker. 

"Yah, Hanielle! Please hurry, your Appa Hyemu is about to come home." I shouted from the kitchen.

It was a lie, Hyemu wouldn't be home for another three hours at the very least, she's been swamped with lots of work from Korean brands. It's that time of the year again, when Korean brands, big and small would be replacing their ads for the season change. There were three upcoming seasons and Hyewon liked to work on them at once for every brand she had for ads. Hyewon still kept in touch with Auntie Jinri, her Third Step-Mother who was very nice and stuck it out til the end with her Dad. Her Father's second family nowhere to be found over the past year she spent with her Father. Even her siblings didn't come and bade their farewell to Appa Kyeong-soo. In the end, it was his First Family and last wife who took care of him and made the last few months of his life if not better at least somehow bearable. I was there to witness them repair their relationship as a family. Kyeong-soo Appa was the sweetest man to Hyewon, he would always stay beside Hyewon, hugging Hyewon whenever he had the chance. Giving her all the love he had left out of him. It was a beautiful sight to behold, both Father and Daughter bonding together and holding each other, Hyewon and Kyeong-woo were beside their Father as he breathed his last, it was a very touching gift from both his kids, having them beside him and taking care of him and making sure every need was met and taken care of by both kids. They both had photos taken together, one together with Eomma Yewon and Auntie Jinri as well and then finally Hyewon and I on both his sides, both our arms around him, encasing him in a warm hug. I felt his immense love for Hyewon and Kyeon-woo and it warmed my heart to see them as a whole family with the addition of Auntie Jinri who treated Kyeong-woo and Hyewon as if they are her own kids, Aunt Jinri doesn't have her own kids and Hyewon fortunately treated her as if she was her secondary Eomma. It was cute and lovely of them to get along so well.

"Neh, Eomma. I'm really trying my best, it's just that Harlowe is so cute, can't help myself." She shouts back through the living room.

One of the most important things I will be doing today was to pop the question to Hyewon and hopefully marry her by next year. Appa Kyeong-soo actually gave me her Mother's Engagement ring which Yewon Eomma returned to him after getting Hyewon to the hospital. We're currently on a hiatus as I was getting ready to pop the question, it would remain that way until I come back from our honeymoon, for now, the rest of HypeGirls were working on their Unit Releases, Solo Releases, Collabs with Yunjin, Chaewon and other artists. It was a packed year as usual and I stopped taking projects for now in preparation of what's to come. I've been monitoring the team on the side however, always watching from the sidelines as I also planned our wedding. So far, I already contacted several places where we can do our wedding. I had to ask her prior to planning of course. Flowers, Reception, Catering and Dress are up next. But I did reserve a churc

Please log in to read the full chapter