Stolen Moments

Dating App Match
Please log in to read the full chapter

Carrie's POV:

I made her mad but she was thankfully calm now, I can never get used to her being all calm and always thinking of me and my welfare. Heath was just that romantic kind of girl, she's reserved and though I was playful and provocative when it came to my partner, I was merely trying to reinvent my persona as Carrie of HypeGirls. I wanted to show a more mature side of me. I wanted to break free from the title Nation's First Love from Produce 58. I wanted to be a new and improved Carrie who men and women can look at and appreciate my iness but couldn't touch. Because I was taken by Heath and I can not see myself ever loving anyone else. I had time today set for P!nk Publications, I separated this time for P!nk and to be with her the rest of the day, sort of my quick getaway from my busy schedule. I honestly just wanted to cuddle up to her and sleep. I've had a crazy few months leading up to my first solo album and showing of my drama. We only had 60 days to make or break it. So, I've been practicing my lines, my choreography and supporting my team's subunit and seeing her, but not actually going out on dates like we used to. She mostly just hanged around, bought snacks for everyone, quietly sat at the couch as she works on her photos and layouts. She looks cute when her brows furrow together, which was why I dressed provocatively earlier, I quite missed her brows furrowing together and her intense glares. I think she's absolutely adorable when she's mad but when I hug her or kiss her everything seems to dissipate into nothingness.

She was now driving to Pink Velvet Cafe, the same Cafe where we first met. It has been a year since then. I met most of her family including her Father side with the exemption of her Father. I did saw some of his photos and she was the spitting image of her Father, his eyes and nose is what Hyewon got. She likewise met both of my side of the family. Everyone adored Heath, she was charismatic and all smiles even if she gets offensive questions about our future together. This last Chuseok alone she was disrespectfully asked by an Uncle of mine how she plans to have kids with me. It was infuriating to hear a distant uncle ask her these questions. Appa of course came to her defense and told the uncle to shut his mouth regarding his daughter's private life. Appa was seething and angry at him for asking her these questions. My dad was so supportive of my choices, he loved Hyewon like she was his own daughter. So naturally Appa scolded his cousin. A fight may have erupted if not for Hyewon's intervention. She was calm and collected, respectful to her elders. She must have had such questions pop-up growing up. She was open about her uality and both sides of her family seemed to be supportive of her, which I thank the gods for, because she deserves all the love and support. She drove quietly to the Cafe, if you asked me if I expected to find love two years ago, the answer would be a definite no. Until I found her on Tinder and we matched. I was the first one to swipe left and she followed. How we found each other was entirely amazing to say the least. She was very much everything I ever hope for to have, she was my home, my escape and my light. I looked at her as we made our way to the cafe. Soon, the car halted to a stop. I was still lost in my own thoughts of her. She smiles softly at me. It reminded me of earlier's elevator ride. Where she told me I am her constant. I was flustered by her claim, but with confidence I can say she was my constant too.

"We're here, Yeobo." She announces before getting off her car and opening my door.

She was romantic like that, even more so than the other Tinder Dates I had, she was a catch honestly. She pulls the door open and had her hand held out to me. I took her hand which was promptly intertwined as she pulled me up. We walked towards the cafe and got in. It was exactly how I remembered it, quaint and cozy, not much people are here. It was one of the Cafes I love and would often ask Manager Choi or Manager Park to get me my Iced Americano from here and probably some brunch too if I wanted to treat the team. She sat us at the back, near the window. She sat me near the wall and she sat near the window. Protecting my privacy as we enjoyed sitting at a cafe. She signaled for a staff with a raise of her hand. One of them approached us and smiled at us.

"Hi, what can I get for you girls this lovely afternoon?" The wait staff piped up.

"A slice of Chocolate Cake and Vanilla Cake, an Iced Americano and a cup of Earl Grey Tea with a teaspoon of sugar please and thank you." She replied to the wait staff without browsing the menu.

"Anything else?" The waitstaff asked.

"Yeobo, what else would you like to eat?" She asked me.

"I wanted an Egg Drop Sandwich, do you have those?" I asked the waitstaff.

"Mmmhhmm. We do. We got three flavors, Cheesy Egg Drop, Bulgogi and Breakfast Style which has Bacon, Potatoes and Cheese." The waitstaff replied.

"I'd like to get one Cheesy Egg Drop and a Bulgogi Egg Drop." I replied to her.

"Anything else?" She asked me.

"That's everyrhing. Thank you." I replied to her.

"Alright, we'll be serving your orders in Ten Minutes, Thanks." The waitstaff bowed at us and disappeared quickly to the Kitchen.

"How have you been, Yeobo?" I asked her.

"I'm good. I'm actually planning to quit my job and put up my own studio. I've been working for five years this year and the recent promotion got me bored out of my mind. You know?" She told me.

"Yeobo, tell me what's stopping you from putting up your own studio?" I asked her.

"Well, I'm afraid it might not work, I wanted to have a Photography and Video Production Studio." She replied to me and smiled a worried smile.

"What if, you put it up as a side hustle, you know? Like on the side, while you're working at P!nk, if you can, then get several small projects. Like, shoot a thirty second ad for a cafe or bakery or a local beauty product for a small fee or perhaps shoot photos for people on weekends. Then if that clicks, you can then leave your job and do your studio full time." I replied to her.

"Would that work?" She

Please log in to read the full chapter