Malpensa And Bread, More Bread

Dating App Match
Please log in to read the full chapter

Heath's POV:

It was a week after the year end Drama awards and we were now on an airplane ride to Italy. There was three hours left before we land and we were having breakfast currently. The sun shined against the window. Carrie won her first acting award as a drama lead, it wasn't surprising as people really supported her even for her Movie a couple of years back, she had the same support from her fans and it allowed her to win the New Supporting Actress then and now as a New Actress. She quietly looks out the window as she ate her Gyeranmari and rice. She was absolutely beautiful as the sun shone behind her. It was something I could never get enough of, not in a million years.

"Yeobo. Eat your food and stop looking at me like a banhaesoo woman."

Banhaesoo which means crazy.

"Eotteoke? When you are this captivating against the sun." I replied to her with a sigh.

"Hajima! Stop sweet talking me." She turns around and glared at me.

Which earned a giggle out of me. She hated being the center of attention. She was an independent woman who does things her way. She had an eventful year this year and she was now on a break, her music show appearances abruptly stopped as she had this trip planned last year with my Aunt Minjeong. Her company has allowed her to take a year end break. Eomma stayed in Korea, stating she didn't want to hold us down and that she has seen Europe, there was nothing new about Europe with their old buildings and cobblestone roads. Nothing she hasn't seen, it was true, we went to Italy when I was Fifteen then spent another vacation in the Vatican when I turned Sixteen. Eomma loved Pizza and Beer it was her sole reason for traveling to Italy back when she was given by a multi-national company the oppprtunity to travel for work. Launching Lulli, the company's Outreach Campaign for less fortunate children. She helped in launching France and Italy's Campaign. Lulli which meant light in French. We ate breakfast and sat back for landing. When the plane landed, we got our bags from the baggage carousel and made our way out of Malpensa Airport. Auntie Minjeong stood at the front of the door, looking for us. We smiled upon seeing her and waved our hands at Auntie Minjeong. Auntie Minjeong smiled upon spotting us from the crowd. I engulfed my favorite aunt in a hug.

"Bogo Sipeo. Aigooo, you have grown a lot since last year." Auntie Minjeong told me.

"And you too, Carrie. You've grown quite beautifully. I saw your recent work and was in awe. The role suited you, Uwow!" Auntie greeted Carrie and engulfed her in a hug.

Auntie slightly pulls away and cups Minjoo's face in her palms.

"Buckle up, I am going to show you lovebirds a great time." Auntie Minjeong told Minjoo.

"Auntie, we might be intruding with you work, I can take her around." I offered.

"Nonsense! Work is just work, I'm your cool Aunt who is always there for her favorite niece!" Auntie Minjeong replied.

I love Aunt Minjeong, she was really a pleasant woman who just have so much extrovert energy. She was excitable and fun loving Aunt. Pretty easy going.

"Dolce Vita! Let's live a good life in Italia!" Auntie Minjeong exclaimed.

Carrie and I couldn't hold our excitement as she pulled me to follow Aunt Minjeong to the car that was waiting for us. My Half Italian, Half Korean cousin Leonardo came out of the car and assisted us in getting all of our bags. He first enveloped me in a hug and greeted me warmly.

"Noona! So great to see you!" He exclaimed.

"Great to see you too Leo." I replied to him.

He was a year younger than me and my other cousin Catalina daughter of my other Aunt Nayeong was the same age as Carrie. After the hug, he pulls away and loaded our baggage to the car.

"Where are we off to first, Auntie Minjeong?" I asked my Auntie after climbing into her SUV.

"We'll stop by at a bakery for breakfast and then we can start the tour or would you rather rest first after breakfast?" Auntie asked us.

I looked at Carrie and knew that she needed to rest.

"We'll rest first, Auntie right after we get breakfast." I replied to her.

"Okay, just call us if ever you need anything, Arasseo?" She said to me.

"Arasseo, Auntie. You don't need to bother for us, we can find our way around Italy. We actually have places to visit, we can ask around also we wanted to spend time together getting lost in Italy." I replied to her.

Auntie Minjeong looks up at the rear view mirror and smiled at me.

"Arasseo. We'll let you two enjoy." She concedes.

Carrie smiled at Auntie and told her.

"But we can go eat lunch and keep sake shopping." Carrie suggested.

"We sure can. How many of your friends and family are we buying keep sakes for and your budget?" She asked Carrie.

"Around fifty people, five hundred euros, I guess?" Carrie replied.

"Andwae! One hundred Euros is enough. We can find keep sakes that won't be expensive, save the rest for things you would actually use for yourself." Auntie told her.

"Thank you, Auntie Minjeong." Carrie replied.

Carrie shifted in her seat and put her head down my shoulder. I welcomed her and put an arm around her. We traveled along the road going to Cologno Monzese where Auntie was staying with her husband and child Leonardo. Auntie worked as a Dentist in Italy, she loves to smile a lot and be care-free and light. Auntie Nayeong was always serious and cared more about her career in the Art Industry, she manages an Art Gallery. Auntie Nayeong loved classical European art. She's been the serious out of the two youngest siblings of Eomma and another serious one was Uncle Christian or Kang Chan-bin who lives in Los Angeles as a Programmer for Google. He has two kids named Chanbin and Jonghyun or in english Christian and Josiah as Uncle Chris was a full Christian convert. My Eomma was the eldest and she handled the family's shortcomings when it came to caring for Oehaelmoni. She stayed in Korea and missed opportunities for her career growth to stay with Oehaelmoni and her two kids, which was me and my brother. So, my brother and I each made time for Eomma on weekends, there was no way she will end up like Oehaelmoni who at the later parts of her life, had no one

Please log in to read the full chapter