Meeting Chaewon

Dating App Match
Please log in to read the full chapter

Carrie's POV:

It has been a month of preparation, HypeGirls was set to comeback today, my kids are already in the green room located at the end of the hall. I made my way to the MBC Cafeteria, to get snacks for my kids when I bumped into someone by the entrance of the cafeteria. I heard her say sorry. 

"I'm truly sorry, Sunbae-nim." She said and subsequently bowed.

I recognize her voice to be Chaewon's, I smiled at what she was doing. 

"It's okay. I should be the one to apologize. Sorry, I wasn't looking." I replied to her. 

She looks up to me and her eyes was filled with questions, probably stunned? I'm not too sure. Her eyes were always full of mystery and I wasn't sure if she remembered me. 

"My name is Kim Carrie and you are?" I asked her.

"Kim Chaewon." She replied in a short manner. 

"Nice to meet you, Kim Chaewon. Congratulations on debuting." I replied to her.

"H-How did you know?" She asked me.

I smiled at her and told her.

"You said Sunbae-nim earlier, so I figured you're new in the industry and have recently debuted. Congratulations." I replied to her. 

It was a lie, I had an insider from HIVE, which told me about her debut. She doesn't remember anyone according to him. 

"Chaewon, Pabo-yah!" She said and hit her head lightly.

"I'm sorry, I tend to forget the things I say when I'm jittery." She addressed me. 

"You're good. I have to go, we'll be up in the next five performances. Good luck on the stage. Break a leg!" I replied to her and smiled. 

I left her standing by the entrance and made my way inside the cafeteria. I bought twelve sandwiches in various flavors they have available, twelve chips and went on to pay at the counter. My purchases were bagged by the lady and I handed her five thousand won and smiled at her. I made my way back to our green room. It was bizarre to finally meet her after six years of not seeing her and not knowing if she lived a good life or died of her injuries. She doesn't remember who I am and so I decided not to open up and be civil with her. Heath was right, some things are just meant to end in a fleeting moment, some you never get closure for and then there was Chaewon and I, who just didn't get any chance to say our proper goodbye before she met an accident and that was enough reason in itself to simply accept our realities. The once confident Kim Chaewon, now feels jitters, she used to be confident and sure of herself, she felt like she can reach any star or planet if she wanted it, she can surely reach it. So her words surprised me earlier. Upon returning to the green room, I distributed the snacks to my members and we started to eat before our performance. I was already in my stage costume. I wore a white suit jacket, black tube top and white pants, same for the whole team, with some wearing embellished white suit jackets like mine. Some wore black tank tops, tube tops or a black cropped shirt inside their jackets for our performance of our main track LOVE DIVE after a scene on our official music video where we wore similar white and black suits. The beat was energetic and upbeat, we acted in the music video as kids in love for the very first time, the excitement of everything. Then another performance this time of my self composed song called Pretty You was supposed to happen right after our first performance. That song was our B-Side Track, mellow and meaningful for my younger kids. Eunice will stand dead center and sing its high notes. She sat with me currently while Dani and Haerin sat to her left side. I knew she will do well with her singing, I had no doubt with Eunice's vocal prowess.

Then a soft knock was heard outside the door. Manager Park opened the door for us and came Chaewon's familiar voice.

"Hello, Ahjussi. My team just wanted to give a signed album to your artist." She says to Manager Park.

I stood up from my seat to welcome her personally. I soon emerged beside Manager Park.

"Hi, Chaewon, allow me to introduce you to my kids. I call my members my kids and they call me Eomma of our team. Kids! Come meet Chaewon!" I called out to everyone who was done eating their sandwiches. 

They're now lined up to get their final looks completed and some are already done. 

"This is Nakamura Kazuha, Naoi Rei, Ahn Yujin, Jang Wonyoung, Lee Gaeul and Kim Minji." I introduced the first batch of members.

Everyone bowed back to her.

"This is Kim Chaewon, the member of the new All-Girl Rock band from HIVE." I introduced her. 

"Hello, Kim Chaewon, my name is Nakamura Kazuha or Summer of HypeGirls." Kazuha replied to her and subsequently bowed.

"Hi, Kim Chaewon, my name is Naoi Rei or Ray of HypeGirls." Rei introduced herself and bowed to Chaewon.

"Hi, Kim Chaewon, my name is Ahn Yujin or Eloise of HypeGirls." Yujin introduced herself.

"Hello, Kim Chaewon, my name is Jang Wonyoung or Victoria of HypeGirls." Wonyoung introduced herself.

"Hi, Chaewon, my name is Lee Gaeul or Autumn of HypeGirls." Gaeul introduced herself.

Chaewon bowed towards them and told them.

"It's my pleasure to meet everyone of you, Sunbae-nim. Please give our album a listen and I hope you all enjoy our music." She replied smiling.

Then when the younger ones were done getting ready each one lined up and bowed at Chaewon.

"This is the other five, our youngest babies. Pham Hanni, Hong Eunchae, Kang Haerin, Mo Jihye, Kim Minji and Lee Hyein." I told Chaewon.

"Hello, Kim Chaewon Unnie, my name is Pham Hanni or Honey of HypeGirls." Hanni introduced herself and bowed subsequently to Chaewon.

"Hi, Kim Chaewon Unnie, my name is Hong Eunchae or Eunice of HypeGirls." Eunchae greeted her.

"Hi, Kim Chaewon Unnie, my name is Kang Haerin or Harlowe of HypeGirls." Haerin introduced herself.

"Hi, Chaewon Unnie, my name is Mo Jihye, Danielle Marsh or Danielle of HypeGirls." Dani introduced herself.

"Hello, Kim Chaewon Unnie, my name is Lee Hyein or Harmony of HypeGirls." Hyein introduced herself and bowed towards Chaewon.

"Hi, Kim Chaewon Unnie, my name is Kim Minji or Macy of HypeGirls." Macy replied to her.

"Hi, again Chaewon, my name is Kim Minjoo or Carrie of HypeGirls. We're pleased to meet you." I replied to her. 

Her eyes bore a confirmation of recognizing my name, like an AHA moment, she figured it out. I smiled kindly at her. Gone were the days we spent with each other, I was happier these days with Heath. I was honestly okay with the idea of not re-introducing myself, but she came with her album so it was only right that I introduce myself and my team to her. We similarly had our album on hand which was signed by every member, so Manager Park got it from the table and handed the album to me before disappearing somewhere else. 

"This is our latest album, I hope you and your team give it lots of love as much as we would enjoy your team's music. Congratulations on debuting today." I replied to her and handed her the album as I got hers. 

I bowed to her, accepting the fact that our past has gone by and we have now both moved along with our lives, if she ever remembered me, I would appreciate her

Please log in to read the full chapter