Solo Preparations

Dating App Match
Please log in to read the full chapter

Carrie's POV:

It was Sunday a day after the engagement party for Yasmine and Lily. We are now on the final stages of selecting tracks and finally starting to record them. I was planning on releasing Heath's song, that one was a non-negotiable. As I had already spoke with my drama's director and he agreed to include my first title track First Love Letter as one of the songs for the drama's OST. The drama was supoosed to be released on December and after my back-to-back recording schedules, I was also set to fly to Italy for a two week tour, courtesy of Heath's Aunts who happens to live there. The tour was supposed to happen after the MBC  Drama Awards where my drama would also air around mid-December. It was in time for my nomination as well if ever I would be nominated. So, I had to plan that last year when I auditioned for the role. I was supposed to free up my schedule by the end of the year. So, as early as July, I was bracing myself for my upcoming schedule. On top of it all, I was still going to promote as HypeGirls. I had a hectic year this year, I was grateful that Heath was with me, supoorting me when I needed the support. I was now waiting for Lily and was seated with Heath at the studio's couch. Sana Okaasan and Tzuyu Otosan were seated across us, reviewing some documents that they needed as we waited for Lily. These were my thoughts for a minute when Lily came in and bowed reverently to us.

"Boss, sorry I had to be late, I just came out of a meeting for HIVE." She says to Tzuyu Otosan.

Tzuyu Otosan smiled warmly at her.

"No harm done, Yul. Are we ready to roll?" Tzuyu Otosan asked her.

"Neh, we're ready to roll. Minjoo, I wanted to give this piece to you to add on to your album. The title of this piece is Maybe it'll be perfect ending to your album, it depicts a certain excitement for love and the thrilling things that comes with it. It's an upbeat song, a stark change and a burst of sunshine through your waiting for that someone from First Love Letter to promising yourself to love." Lily explained to me as she sets her laptop on top of the control booth and proceeded to hook up her laptop which was already .

She found the song and hooked her laptop to the speaker and played the song for us to hear it. True to her words the demo track sounded upbeat and refreshing. It was a stark contrast to my album's vibe, a serious tone for my love. A fervent wish to find it and I knew I should include it to my song list. I already had seven pieces and this last song will put an end to a roller coaster ride, bursting with its energy. Sana Okaasan was bopping to the beat, it was her cup of tea, these upbeats and tempos. The song was good and after her demo track ended, Tzuyu Otosan smiled at Lily.

"As always, you never fail to surprise me. Minguri, Hyem. What do you think of this song?" She addresses us and looked up from the papers she was signing.

"I love it Appa, I think it's good for Minguri's solo album." Heath replied.

"It's sunshiny, a perfect ending to my album, Otosan." I replied to her.

"Babe, I think a minor change to the lyrics would sound better if it were like this." Sana Okaasan demonstrated a line to the song.

I will love you was changed to maybe, I will love you as the lyrics and title suggested a mysterious and uncertainty when loving someone. Sana Okaasan was right. Well, Sana Okaasan was a brilliant songwriter, composer and producer herself, she wrote lyrics and melodies for Twice and she even had the audacity to suggest that they do several songs on their latter releases as Twice of JYP, then later as Twice of SZC. She was never wrong, starting with Cry for me at JYP, that song was a bop and it ushered the changes Twice had to go through. Almost as if foreseeing the events that led to the creation of SZC Entertainment. That song opened up the doors of a mature Twice as a whole group, one where they know what they are getting themselves into.

"Wah! Boss Sana is right! Oh my god, I was so excited for everyone to hear this song, that I forgot to change the lyrics. I'm on it boss." Lily replied to Sana Okaasan.

Lily smiled back at me.

"Well then everything is set. We'll leave you three to record. Call us should you need anything else." Sana Okaasan replied.

"Minguri, do well." Sana Okaasan told me.

"Neh, Okaasan. I'll do my best." I replied to her.

"I trust that you will, our SaTzu daughter, these two will work along with you, they are absolute gems to work with." Sana Okaasan told me before standing up from her seat and gave me a quick hug.

"I'll send lunch over." Tzuyu Otosan reminded us three.

Tzuyu Otosan gave me a similar quick side hug before leaving the recording room. After they have left, Heath stood beside me and got my hand as she pulled me to the other side of the recording booth. She got me ready for recording and placed my studio head phones over my ears. She kisses me on my forehead and says to me.

"You'll do great. I trust you." She told me ever so sweetly.

"I trust you too, Yeobo." I replied to her.

She looked at me endearingly and smiled a soft and lovely smile. Again, how lucky was I to have her working with me in my first ever Solo? I would say, I'm the luckiest girl alive. But I could be wrong, I smiled back to her and she left me in the recording booth. She gets out and reappeared before me to the other side of the booth. She smiled at me as she came on the microphone.

"Yeobo, you can do this, we'll have a first run through in five minutes, just sing the song exactly how you want to sing it, then we'll eventually work on some things with Yuri, arasseo?" I heard her say.

"Neh, Sajang-nim." I replied to her playfully and gave her an okay sign.

I warmed up my throat, vocalizing as I waited for five minutes as I had a look on my notes, highlighted were words that needed emphasis and change of tone as I sang them. I needed to concentrate and produce a good sound for my Mingdans, the fandom name I chose for my fans, also I needed to create a beautiful voice because the song owner was here and Heath worked on changing the lyrics and enhancing the whole song with me. I've had outputs and inputs on this entire album, we've worked together for the past five months together with our industry parents. First love letter had a mellow vibe, the beats are mellow dramatic. I found out that she wrote this thinking about her future relationship that she will have and that future was me. To hear her thoughts about the kind of love she wanted us to have, the promises and everything that entailed our relationship. Everything was encapsulated within the beats, the lyrics and even my soon to be choreography. I worked on several things leading up to this day. Yuri was absolutely happy to be working with her previous co-trainee on this solo project. I had Kazuha teach me basics of ballet as I would dabble into that for this song, my vision was to dance slowly as I sang this song. Then the five minute mark was over. We started to record my first run through to the song.

Three Hours into recording

"Yeobo, good job today. I love how you owned the song. Keep it up. Let's go on a thirty minute break." I heard her say.

I exited the booth and a round of warm applause greeted me at the other side, Kazuha, Gaeul and Danielle came. Each one had something in their hands. There was a hot americano, some barbecued meat and other things each of them brought. Danielle tackled me for a hug.

"Good job, Eomma. I came to cheer you on before practice." I heard her whisper.

I enveloped Dani in a similar tight hug.

"Thank you, my ttal. Have you had lunch?" I asked her as I pulled away sligh

Please log in to read the full chapter