Heath Unraveled

Dating App Match
Please log in to read the full chapter

Third Person's POV:

The night was young, Hyewon's parents are yet again arguing. The loft apartment they had doesn't mask the screaming, loud thud and other things she hears both parents spew out. Hyewon was five, her little brother who was three was with her grandmother who lives at the end of town. She lives with her Eomma in the evenings, because she loves her Eomma very much. After that day they last went to her Appa's office, things were never quite the same between her Father and Mother. Gone were the days that both parents smiled or giggled to themselves, gone were the words of affirmation, love and adoring words each have said all the time. Her Mother was the same woman, always smiled tenderly at Hyewon or Hyemu if her Eomma was being extra sweet and cuddly. She heard every hurtful words her Appa threw at her Eomma, as if words doesn't hold any power. She sat at the top of the stairs, peeking at the argument her parents were having. Her Appa was enraged and seemingly gave up on caring for his wife. He threw several figurines beside her Eomma who was stoic and had her eyes closed and once she saw him push her Eomma harshly before picking up the steel chair and smashing it towards her, Hyewon made a dash towards her Eomma. She knows she should be sleeping, nothing good ever happens in the evening anyways. She encircles her Eomma in a tight embrace, shielding her from the wrath of her Appa. Then she felt the cold steel hit her in the head. Before losing to the crippling pain, she heard and felt her Eomma encircle her in a hug, her hands automatically went up to her head, she heard her say, Hyemu! Before she blacks out from the impact. Hyemu! Ani! Ani! Then a cry, faded with her consciousness. She thought she heard her Appa call someone or might have been her Eomma. She doesn't know for sure, she was out of consciousness.

Yewon's POV:

Ani! Ani! Hyemu! There's blood everywhere at this point. I rushed to my car and laid Hyewon in the backseat, securing her head so it doesn't bleed anymore than it had. I tied a towel around her small head, my baby can't die, not like this. She has the world to discover how she wants her life to go. She still had a life ahead of her. For once, I left my husband, stunned at what he did, I drove to the nearest Hospital. Samsung Medical Center, it was a fifteen minute drive, I sped past lights, I will deal with the speeding tickets later, my baby is my priority right now. She might be a bad and disobedient daughter, but Kyeong-Soo didn't need to hurt our daughter like this. I don't think I'll ever forgive him if she ends up dying or disabled permanently. My sweetest Hyemu, hold on for Eomma, please. My mind berated itself, it was what ran through my mind, I can't lose Hyewon, not now or ever. If I had to trade places with her, devoid of any pain or worries, I would have, do you hear me Hyemu? You can't leave Eomma. Never leave me baby. I held back my tears as I sped by two stop lights and made a right going to Samsung Medical Center. I was hoping it wasn't too late. Soon, I reached the Hospital. I got Hyewon off my backseat and rushed inside the emergency room. I needed to be understood and strong for my child, my tears could wait.

"Please! Someone help my child! She's bleeding!"

I exclaimed at the emergency room. It was one in the morning, no emergencies save for a few who was sick were waiting. A team of nurses took my child away from my arms and wheeled her to the emergency operating room, one checked her head and the other took her pulse. While one stayed with me.

"Miss, can you please tell me what happened?" One of the nurses asked me as one scrambled to get me a form.

"My husband hit my daughter's head with a steel chair. Please help her. Do everything you can to save her. Please." I told her and finally my tears fell down from my eyes.

Appa was right, nothing ever good happens past twelve in the evening. If I had listened to him, I would have never had Hyewon, but as much as I regretted marrying her Father, my Daughter meant the world to me, she was and always will be my greatest source of strength and joy. My pride. Her little arms and legs that sways whenever she heard music, her little eyebrows that furrows as she solves an equation, she was smarter than her classmates, smarter than anyone else in class. She had cold facial features, something she got from me, her eyes, nose, lips and chin were her Father's. No mistaking that, she looks exactly like Kyeong-soo. Kyeong-soo who was a Math Wiz back when we were in college. She got it from him. She loves to draw pictures and take photos as much as she loves to sing and dance. My little Hyemu was my star and savior. She thought she could save me from Kyeong-Soo. My little hero. Tears flowed from my eyes, I crumbled at the thought of losing Hyewon.

"We'll do everything we can, will it be okay if you filled out this form? Like name of the patient and your relationship with the patient? Details about your daughter's health history and such, does she have allergies and all that." The nurse asked me.

I nodded at her and told her.

"S-she, She isn't allergic to anything, she'll be fine right?" I asked the nurse who seemed like a warm elderly woman.

She offered a soft smile and told me.

"Is anyone available to call so you have someone to wait with? Do you want me to stay beside you?" She asked me.

I shook my head no and replied to her.

"Please, take care of Hyewon, she has a future awaiting for her and I could never lose her." I pleaded with the nurse.

She nods her head at me and smiled at me.

"Okay, I'l

Please log in to read the full chapter