First Year

Dating App Match
Please log in to read the full chapter

Heath's POV:

It's been a year since our paths have crossed and we've since had dinner with Chaewon, treated her kids to a birthday meal or celebrated our months of togetherness. I quite enjoyed being with her and being able to spend my days with her no matter how short they were. We did some travelling for vacation and have since dodged several press questions about us. Carrie handled everything like a pro. I for the most part concentrated on being a cover photographer, producing the Date the Star segment and had a healthy relationship with my family and hers. We've been celebrating our milestones leading up to the anniversary of us coming out. It was July 25 when I met her, I've since celebrated my first birthday with her and my family. She cooked for me, although her food doesn't look pleasing to the eyes, it was the most delicious dish for me regardless. I'm not at all being biased, I just think she has the best home cooked meals. She also celebrated a birthday with me right after Eomma's February 4 birthday, despite the busy year end award shows they had to attend. Luckily for me, her birthday fell on a Sunday and I had the time to prepare a surprise for her. Our lives have been doing great so far, she and Chaewon reverted to being friends, Chaewon often sends us messages about the things she remembers of the past and we've encouraged her since then and even made time to meet her friends. Carrie was that woman, who surrounds herself with good and supportive people. Understanding and forgiving, even her closest friends are the same whether a former classmate or another artist from a different group, she made friends quite easily despite her shyness. She wrote a few songs and composed music for her group. I similarly had the privilege to get her to include one of my songs for her upcoming solo. She was doing well, we never had fights, we always talked about what bothered us openly, we never shy away from conversations and argue with a passion and resolve on a certain stance or point when we've had enough arguing. We never shouted or raised our voices, always spoke calmly and listened to each other's points. She was always an attentive listener, she never likes being cut off which I never do anyway. We are in a healthy and loving relationship, one that people envies and strives to have. Everything is going well between us and we've been the happiest couple, it's sickeningly cute as Kwon says. Fifth year of their career this year as HypeGirls, 8th all together for her and Danielle. It was a fun experience and to see them get closer each year was something I felt privileged in witnessing for myself. Carrie was a really good leader of her team. She was unbelievable with her focus on details, she was always keen even to the tiniest of details. She corrects her team until they learn the moves precisely. I can only be in awe of her. Even now as she moves through my apartment, cooking dinner for us, she never fails to captivate me.

"Yeobo, can you help me pull the roasted pork out from the oven? I got my hands full right now." She called for me to the Kitchen.

I left the living room and got a pair of oven mittens and took out the pan of roasted pork. She's been improving her plating skills and her cooking skills. Everything she made looked tasty to me or perhaps, I'm just not a picky eater save for fermented beans and raw seafood, those would have to be a hard pass for me. The roasted pork smelled great, the crispy skin looked inviting and delicious. I felt like I wanted to eat but we had guests coming. So, I decided against it. Chaewon and her friends from SOPA, were coming tonight. Charlie and Serenity were also coming together with the rest of P!nk Publications, we had the building's rooftop reserved for tonight's party. She offered to cook for Yasmine and Lily's engagement, apparently, Yasmine contacted her and she was venting out her frustrations about restaurants being expensive and so Carrie offered to cook dinner for her under the guise that we are celebrating Yasmine's achievements as Star Fashion Editor and Video Content Regulator. She had the knack to make things seem ordinary, Kwon and the others are already in the rooftop, decorating everything. Charli was supposed to plate Carrie's food, because for the life of Carrie, she ends up botching her dishes. She was upstairs helping Serenity Unnie with the preparations together with Carrie's kids. Everyone was here, putting up photos of Yasmine and Lily and decorating the rooftop with balloons and lights.

"Where do I put this, Yeobo?" I asked her.

"Down at the table, please and Thank you." She replied.

I put down the pan on the table and stayed in the kitchen, waiting for her if she needed more help.

"You can go back to cutting the letters." She told me.

"Okay, Boss Madame." I replied to her.

She giggled softly at me.

"Gomawo, Yeobo." She follows up to me.

"Cheonmaneyo, Yeobo." I replied to her.

Cheonmaneyo which meant Welcome. Though we typically don't say one is welcome, we usually just dismiss everything. I got back and cut the letters to be put behind the stage for the performances that was set to happen. I managed to get one of Lily's first ever song composition for Yasmine and I brought it to SZC and Carrie and the kids gave it a go and loved it. My Love was Lily's first ever composition for Yasmine, I heard her soulfully sing this piece during one of our evaluations, this inspired me to dabble into composing my own songs. Two of which, I kept and some were sold to SZC's Groups. I made a few hundred thousands off of composing songs and I used those to buy myself a new laptop and a photo editing software for school. Lily's self composed song described her lover's smile and her face, it describes how Lily misses her so much whenever Lily was out to training. Lily was a gifted singer, songwriter and composer. Her Husky tones against the soft and bouncy tunes of My Love was incredible, it made me want to believe in finding someone as good as what she and Yasmine has. The song was unreleased, but I picked it because it held meaning for Yasmine, when she first heard the song, she teared up and smiled. I often recorded Lily's evaluations, you could say I am a fan of hers. She full on produces everything in her evaluations, so I was just in awe of her. Soon, I finished cutting out the letters and I filed them neatly in my folder and clip.

"Yeobo, I'll just go upstairs and give them these cut outs, do you need anything or anyone?" I asked her.

"No, but please call Charlie, we're supposed to be preparing dinner, you guys should also change into your clothes, please and thank you." She replied to me.

"Arasseo, Charlie will be right down." I replied to her.

I soon made it out of my apartment and punched the last floor which leads to a stairwell that leads to the rooftop. I got there after a minute and saw how beautiful the lights were and the photos of Yasmine and Lily. I was sure she and Yasmine will have a memorable night. I can almost see the smiles and the surprise that's been brewing for Lily. She was. Along time friend and companion through the rough roads of debuting, we both settled for what we did best, her producing and I taking photos. Almost every photo Lily had, I took them, I had them hang it all over the rooftop as an ode to their journey.

"Charlie, Minjoo needs you at the Kitchen now. Go on and we'll finish putting up everything." I told Charli as soon as I reached the rooftop.

"Neh, let me just help Serenity put these up." She replied.

"Okay." I replied smiling at Charlie.

I proceeded to the stage were the taller members were hanging some photos which we will be turning around as Lily enjoys the program. Lily or Yuri in Korean, we call her Yul, a nickname that we gave her. Yul looked very much like Yasmine and Chaewon, if the three stood together, Chaewon has met Lily, because Lily was a songwriter for HIVE and an independent producer at SZC. Yul has been doing great, she's currently producing back to back for SZC. Good for her if I am being honest. Her talents needed to be noticed and I was glad that she was working on a lot of songs and producing some great music. We finished the decorations and soon got into our dinner clothes. Everyone was dressed casually in this hot summer day. First of August, we wore all white for this event. Carrie looks beautiful in her white off shoulder dress. It bore her shoulders and her perfect body proportions. She was magnificent to say the least. We walked up the rooftop and waited for Lily's entrance as she got ready with her team to sing. She got to the stage and awaited their queue. Kwon was downstairs waiting for them with a ra

Please log in to read the full chapter