Solo Debut and Drama Press Conference

Dating App Match
Please log in to read the full chapter

Carrie's POV:

It was the 8th of December, today was the day my Solo Debut will be released and my First big Drama release. I was getting ready for back-to-back engagements and for the MBC Press Conference that was set to happen at 6 P.M. KST. My schedule was full, thank god I was only schedule to appear on three music shows that were SZC's Priority this week, otherwise I might die of exhaustion. First up was my Solo Showcase and then off to the MBC Press Conference and then tomorrow, the three music shows. As early as seven in the morning, I was already up and about and getting my hair done. It took them a few hours, to finish doing my hair and my makeup had to be done on the place of my showcase. I ate lunch at the theater and ran through practice with my team. It was a busy day for me and my team. Everyone worked hard for this solo debut and I treated them to lunch, ordering from Heath's Eomeonim. Eomma was delighted by the orders I made and she said she'll work on it right away which was supposed to be picked up by my driver Seungchan. As expected, lunch was great and we were now preparing for the start of my showcase. Everyone was in place when my kids came into the Green Room. They each had bouquets of flowers, drinks with cup sleeves for my debut and snacks which were distributed to my staff and the ten thousand fans who came to the theater. Everyone was already here awaiting for the start of the showcase. 

"Eomma, do well today!" Hanielle told me as she engulfed me in a hug. 

"I will my ttal. I will do my best." I replied to her as I hugged her back.

"Mon Trésor, your lover got these for you, she says she'll watch you in the front row seat and to break a leg." Summer said as she handed me a bouquet.

The bouquet of all white daisies and baby's breath flowers which she might have imported somewhere because it wasn't in season anymore. It had a note that came with the bouquet and I quickly read the note and it said.

Yeobo,

I know you're going to do well, smile and enjoy your stage. I will be rooting for you in the front row. I am always proud of your work and what you do, so I am confident with your solo. Hwaiting on your upcoming debut and Saranghaeyo. See you later. 💙

- Heath

She was so sweat and thoughtful that I nearly melted at her short note.

"Mon Trésor, have fun in the showcase." I heard Summer say and I felt the tap on my back.

"Yeah hwaiting!" Everyone of them told me as each one gave me a final hug before disappearing from my room.

I handed the bouquet to Manager Park and stashed the note inside my tote bag. The huge tote bag that I brought along whereever I went, this contained everything my kids could possibly want and need, multiple snacks, medicine, pads and other essentials, now because I wasn't on a schedule with my kids, my tote became smaller in size but still had the things I needed for the day. Stuff like my charger, my phone, wallet, makeup, hand sanitizer, other sanitizing products, snacks such as my favorite chocolate bar and several packs of gummies from Haribo. Heath liked Trolli gummies while I love Haribo gummies. A year with Heath really made me discover her as a person. I knew the things she loved and I also adopted her easy response to stressful situations which was silence or refusal to speak when being put on the spot. SZC has done the talking for about a year now since I announced my relationship with Heath. It was SZC who asked the public to leave us be. It was also SZC who acknowledged Heath's status with the company, how she was once a Golden Ticket Holder and how she gave up on debuting for her Photography. My fans were supportive of the announcement, they even unearthed the fansites that Heath had. They also found Heath's Audition tapes and her funny antics during the audition. People were enamored with her audacious audition. Some commenting they can't do what Heath has accomplished in her short life and I was proud to be her girlfriend. Soon it was time to go and launch. I was ushered backstage and the queue came on in my ear piece.

Lots of fans were shouting my name, Carrie. The name I assumed upon entering the Entertainment Industry. The name I will be remembered by people and I hope to give them a good song they can listen to if they're having a hard time. A comfort through music, just like they became my comfort through hard times. I smiled at the staff and nodded at them. I was ushered into the hidden center stage, Manager Park held me by the hand as I climbed the stage. Manager Park was a tall and lanky guy, unlike the other Manager Park that my kids had, he was a tall and lanky guy, who could easily be swept by the gust of wind. But he was strong and have always been keen in protecting me. He smiled at me and whispered.

Carrie Aja!

I smiled at him as I listened to Youngji the host of my Solo launch as she greeted the audience. Youngji was a rapper who I became friends with when our promotions overlapped and we also had the opportunity to guest on her web talk show. She was my fan long before we had an opportunity to be acquainted with each other. She took the offer when I asked her to be the host, even clearing up her schedule. Youngji was nice and she was two years younger than me. She excitedly cracked a joke to the audience and the audience laughed. After a while, the lights were turned off and I saw the VCR we prepared. The theme was Joseon Era Royalty, then a mystical portal eats me up and then Attention, Hype Boy, Love Dive and other HypeGirls Track will play in super fast forward speed all mushed together and an explosion was supposed to happen. Then the separation of two dividers and some lights and smoke before I appear in the middle to perform my side B track which was about breaking free. The teaser highlighted my Side B Track which was entitled Break and it was written by me and Huh Yunjin who helped me with the words. I was dressed in a cool modern Hanbok and instead of a skirt, I wore a black pants that flowed with every movement I made. My hair tied with a Binyeo Pin in a bun. Which I would have to pull later on, revealing my straight hair. I heard my queue from the in ear monitor I was wearing. Then the dividers were pulled and the smoke and lights went with a flash. I was revealed in the middle of it and a stray fringe fell from my face. Everything looked cool as the intro started and I made my entrance. A round of applause was heard and my eyes automatically found Heath right in the front row seats to the middle. I started to dance to my intense Choreography. The audience in awe as I sang along the song. The electronic and synthetic sound made Break really a break from my identity as Carrie Kim of HypeGirls. The sound of traditional Korean Instruments that I played were also present, creating a good vibe for a fast paced song. I was serious the whole time as I performed because that was the facial expression I needed for this side b track. Heath expected to hear Lily's Side B, but I had to keep it under wraps for my Solo to go without any hitch. I wore along with several other punk inspired jewelries the bracelet she bought me for our anniversary. There was no way I would remove it even if I was dressed in a dress that flatters every aspect of my body. After the first performance was over, everyone in the theater clapped their hands.

"Neh! Carrie! Daedanheyo! Uwa! Jinjja, I had goosebumps look! You were so cool with your performance." Youngji called out to me as she made an Entrance.

"Gomawo, Youngji." I replied to her bowing.

"Please introduce yourself first." She replied to me.

"Neh. Annyeonghaseyo, Yerobun. My name is Kim Carrie, naega Eomeoni of HypeGirls. But today, I am Carrie who hopes to show you a different side of me and comfort you. Did you wait for so long?" I asked everyone.

Naega Eomeoni which meant I am the Mother of HypeGirls. It was a needed introduction, a part of my identity as an artist. I heard the crowd collectively say yes.

"First off, I want to thank everyone who came here to support my Solo. Please give my album lots of love as I did give it a lot of my love for my Mingdans, the album also contains the title track, which will be used as my Drama's Official Sound Track. Please watch my Drama and support my album. I worked hard over the last few months to give my best." I told everyone.

"Neh, I am sure we are excited to hear more of your album but before we continue with the listening party, let's play a game of Balance. The Game mechanics are as follows, you need to choose one between the two choices. The questions are asked in rapid succession. You have five seconds to give an answer." Youngji replied as she escorted me to my seat.

I sat at a bar stool and got my thoughts ready for the questions. It was a set of questions asked by fans, I don't know which questions was it as it was done in real time, a board outside the theater was prepared and about fifty of the attendees were asked to write questions for me.

"Neh, Carrie are you ready?" Youngji asked me.

"Neh! Let's go!" I replied energetically.

"Would you rather go on a vacation with your kids or go on a vacation with your partner?" Youngji asked me.

"Vacation with my kids." I answered and smiled at her.

"Eat a super spicy meat or a Chocolate covered Cheeseball?" She asked.

"Eat super spicy meat, Chocolate covered Cheeseball is a no." I replied giggling.

"The next question is something a little personal, but we hope you can still answer it." Youngji told me worriedly.

I smiled at her and nodded my head encouragingly. This solo was meant for me to be fearless of anything I was presented.

"Would you rather have five Kang Hyewon or a Five Year Old Kang Hyewon?" She asked me.

"Uh, that's easy. A five year old Kang Hyewon, because I wanted to grow old with her and know the things she loved to do and fall in love with her all over again." I replied.

The place erupted in excitement of this tiny information they managed to pry off me. Everyone of them knew about my relations

Please log in to read the full chapter