First Anniversary

Dating App Match
Please log in to read the full chapter

Heath's POV:

It was Sunday and today marks our first anniversary. But because we both had work to do, she polishing her solo and I editing photos for the final layout, we both agreed to just get ourselves a silly and useless gift to commemorate the milestone. A year of us, how time flew by was beyond me. We never had a major fight, even when she was being stubborn with her choice of dress like last week or just wanting to break free from her monotonous schedule. I was honestly too soft to apprehend her. I merely gave her an excuse as to why I was frowning last week and it was a valid concern. She was for sure my constant and I would never not love her. I was currently at Eomma's Convenience store to help Eomma and also get lunch for Carrie and her Solo Team. Also probably picked up a few lunchboxes for our kids who are getting ready to debut in a subunit. Perhaps there was 3 and a half dozens of lunchboxes from Eomma's Convenience store. Carrie and her kids loves Eomma's cooking. So I bought everyone including her back up dancers and the whole team lunch. I was writing a note for everyone of the boxes I bought. It was Wednesday and I finished all my deliverables early so that I didn't have to go to work. Grateful for Kwon that I didn't really have to be in person when I submitted my works. We didn't really have to go and be in the office save for times when I had a shoot. Now, two of the cover shoots were done, one for November and one for Carrie on December. So my schedule was free up until November tenth for January and February, then another shoot on December for March. Then we will go and travel to Europe until end of January. I can't wait to show her around Europe and spend more time with my Aunts. Aunt Minjeong was my favorite aunt and she was closest to me. We've had an opportunity to meet her and Aunt Nayeong in Bali for a quick Spring Break before Carrie became swamped at work. Our first solo travel except the rest of my family and Eomma was with us.

"Hyemu, you're going to be late for lunch." I heard Eomma tell me just as I was about to finish writing a short note to Carrie.

"Just a sec, Eomma. I'll be out soon." I answered.

After signing the short note, I stuck it on Carrie's lunchbox separated in a paper bag, it had all the things to fuel her for her practice. I closed the bag with a stapler and made my way out to the counter. I kissed Eomma on the cheek and told her.

"Thank you for preparing the bento lunches for Carrie and her team. I truly appreciate it, Eomma." I told her and engulfed her in a hug.

"No big deal, anything for my daughter's happiness. Now go on and get going. I'll be fine now. Thank you for helping me restock the shelves." I heard her say as she patted my back.

"And tell Carrie to do well, I'll be rooting for her." She reminded me.

"Neh." I replied to her.

I pulled away and smiled at Eomma. She has been my rock and my light, in the middle of a war that was raging inside of me, it was always her words that brought me comfort and joy.

"Careful on your drive back." She told me.

"Neh, I will. See you again tomorrow." I replied to her before making my way out of the door and the bags of lunchboxes in tow. She helped me load the rest up in the car earlier. It was just Carrie's and her kids' lunch that had notes stuck in them.

I loaded the bags of food direcrtly beside me. Once everything was secured, I got on my car and drove back to Gangdong. The drive was pretty quick. Because I came to Eomma's Convenience Store early. I soon reached Gangdong and saw the van waiting outside for ½ Ppo Team. I got out of my car after parking it and rushed to Manager Yoo and Manager Choi.

"I brought this for ½ Ppo Team and their backup dancers and staff. Please have a great day ahead." I told both managers.

"Awww Heath! Thank you. We'll make sure they get these." Manager Choi replied.

"Fighting to Team ½ Ppo!" I replied to him.

Before going inside the building with the rest of the lunchboxes and my gift for Carrie. I bought her a silly gift of a bracelet in an unflattering color and design. The design was spikes and the color was Neon Orange. I wore a similar Neon Orange Bracelet. It was an eccentric piece of jewelry that I picked up from a local accessories store that sells eccentric and outlandish accessories such as this bracelet. There were dozens of these shops at Dongdaemun, a whole plethora of beads and other accessories. I was going around the other day, shopping for accessories for our shoot. Harper and Yasmine was with me and I saw the neon orange bracelet and decided to buy us this for our first anniversary gift. It was silly and petty, it costed me 800 won each bracelet pretty inexpensive too. Who knows maybe she would wear it on

Please log in to read the full chapter