Tuesday Announcement

Dating App Match
Please log in to read the full chapter

Carrie's POV:

It was Tuesday and it was time I went back to our dorm and get ready for the upcoming album which was set to release in four week's time. Usually, before the recording starts, we had to gather and talk about final revisions and challenges to each song. How we want to sing each song in the album. This was the first time I had to cut a personal time off, because not only were we releasing our third full album, I was also preparing to announce my relationship with Heath. The last four months was great, but I would be lying if I said we were fine on the long distance dating we did. It was hard to keep up with time differences. I also knew Dispatch was following my every move, trying to uncover some dirty secret I had hidden. It scared me to think how they will paint Heath to be a bad woman. When she is the exact opposite of bad, she was honest and gentle despite her life experiences. She viewed the world in a kaleidoscope it seemed, a trippy, happy-go-lucky outlook in life, her calmness as she exhibited many times still brings me in awe of her. She was smart, our brains matched and our calmness another match, not to mention our styling too. We were a perfect fit in style, calmness, brain wavelength and being family oriented. She was a perfect partner and so I wanted to announce to the public and fans before Dispatch ever gathers intel on us and outs us to the public. It was a risky move, but in Sana Okaasan's words, better than being caught red handed. Fans already saw us last Friday and we since went out and about to Mapo-gu, Itaewon and Miseong-dong. Visiting places she has lived all her life. They were originally from Busan, it was where she was born and after her parents' separation, her Eomma relocated the family with her to take on a job at Itaewon where she met most of her friends who I still hadn't met. She did talk about a guy friend who took his own life because he was in love with Heath who he knew only ever liked girls, they were best friends along with Jo Hyewon. A younger woman who Heath befriended. According to her Hyewon was the most matured woman she ever knew, too mature for her age. I needed permission before I could post my letter on my social media accounts in each platform.

We had our own account on social media. Posting photos and what not, required us to get permission before posting. I already had a selected photo accompanying my letter. It was one Heath took of us. Holding hands as we started our date the star segment four months ago for P!nk Magazine. There was a shot that was from afar that Harper took of us and sent it to Heath and Heath in turn sent me a copy of it through Line App. She liked how our hands interlaced among the components of the shot. It looked like from a fever dream, like a hallucination it seemed. Harper took a great photo of us. We were standing beside each other and our hands held each other's hand. The shot was unmistakeably us, the way both of us stood and at the right time, looking at different directions, pulling one another. It was a dreamy shot, I loved how both side profiles of us showed how each of us looked like SaTzu. She looks more of Sana Okaasan and I looked more like Chewy Otosan. It was like the shot was meant to be that in a pre-nuptial photos I saw on the internet. I like this full body photo of us with hands holding each other. So, I came back to the dorm for that purpose. She dropped me off before going to work earlier and I was now here waiting for Chew Otosan and Sana Okaasan's arrival.

The rest of the members were eating breakfast, some on their phones while having an americano. They saw Heath drop me off earlier and some of them have teased me endlessly. Some like Haerin, Hyein, Eunchae and Danielle gave me a soul crushing hug. Delighted to see me again after the long weekend since Friday. I brought them some freshly baked goodies from Appa's bakery. Because Appa wouldn't allow me to go back empty handed, another bag of baked goods for Chew Otosan and Sana Okaasan which was sitting beside me in the living room. Our dorm was a building owned by Director Son Chaeyoung and her wife Director Myōui Mina, they were lending the space to SZC Entertainment so we can stay together as debuted members of the group, two more years and we will be free to rent our own space. Director Im and Yoo, who taught us to save our paychecks in case we disbanded and go on our separate ways, we have our own savings account. They helped us to open our own savings account for those who didn't have any idea how to open one, I had mine ever since I started working as a Child Actor and Model. I opened another one right after receiving my first paycheck. SZC didn't have a trainee debt but an operational cost, 10% of which was deducted to our first ever pay check. Then we were debt free right after. SZC believes it shouldn't be taken against a trainee to pay back the company. They also standardized early start to our concerts because some fans were still in school. They were very considerate of the fans and have always thought of the fans instead of themselves, this selfless acts have made them successful in the industry. I am grateful for them for giving me a shot at debuting after the maximum three years I'd spent in training. Eventually, the door opened and came Sana Okaasan who looks like a Royal Princess with a smile on her face.

"Good morning, my darlings. Ready for the meeting?" She greeted everyone.

"Neh, we'll be right with you! COO Minatozaki!" Rei answered Sana Okaasan from her room.

I got up and brought with me the bag of baked goods from Appa's Bakery. Feet scrambled to the living room and everyone of them bowed before Sana Okaasan who still had a silly smile plastered on her face.

"Silly girls! Have a seat and make yourselves comfortable. The meeting will start as soon as we are done talking to aegi Carrie." She told everyone.

Chew Otosan smiled at my members before she made her way with Sana Okaasan to the meeting room inside the dorm. I followed them closely and shut the door behind me. Chew Otosan sat on the L-Shaped couch with Sana Okaasan.

"Aegi, are you tensed?" Sana Okaasan asked me.

"No, not even for a bit. Sana Okaasan." I replied to her and smiled softly at her.

"As you should. Kang Hyewon is a good fit for you. Now, for your letter and the accompanying photo?" Sana Okaasan asked for the letter to my fans and the photo.

I already sent her the letter to the press, so there was no need to give her another copy. I handed her the letter which was saved on my Google Keep Notes App. Including the accompanying photo. She read it as follows:

Hello TteokBokkis this is Kim Carrie of HypeGirls. I am taking time to write you a letter today, because I wanted you guys to be the first one to know about the status of my heart. First off, allow me to thank my TteokBokkis, for always staying beside me, even if it was hard to stay beside me. You are all my shining light for almost seven years now. As HypeGirls will begin a new chapter this coming month, a new year to reinvent ourselves, I am grateful of your support of me and HypeGirls.

Second, as you all have seen last Friday after the First ever HypeGirls World Tour concluded in Seoul. Someone special was with me after the concert. I am sure you all spotted the displays of affection between us. I am sure many of you waited for an explanation from me. Who is the person and why she was with me, holding my hand and being affectionate. First, she is a good person whose name is Kang Hyewon, she was a previous SZC Golden Ticket Holder, she might have debuted with me but she loved her Photography and Filming more than her dreams of Stardom. We met each other four months ago for a Magazine Cover shoot, Dating Segment Shoot and Mo Jihye's Homecoming Cover at P!nk Magazine. But before that, we matched on a Dating App and met once with HypeGirls Members for Brunch. She is the most understanding, caring and considerate person. She made me smile a lot, she listened to everything I have been having trouble dealing with in and out of the team. She was my safe space amidst the crazy going on in my life.

Third, we both agreed to date seriously with good intentions for one another at a slow pace. It has been five months of trying to make things work between us and my worries were my TteokBokkis first and foremost. How everyone would handle this news, when I realized there was no hiding her and to be honest, I wouldn't hide such a lovely partner like her, I would flaunt her as much as I could, as often as I can. So, I am coming out with this news, before any Korean Gossip Agency breaks it for you. I hope you find in your heart to still support me through this new and exciting love.

I promise to return all your support and love with brilliant performances and a grateful heart for all the love I've received since Produce 58 and now up until my time as Leader of HypeGirls. Please look after us as we work on each of our individual careers. She and I will work to return your support and love for us, always and forever we will be grateful for everyone of you. Thank you for all the love you gave me and I feel warm with your support and love, I wish to see everyone in the upcoming comeback. I will continue working hard for everyone not to be disappointed. I love you all and have a nice day.

- Kim Carrie 🤍

Sana Okaasan finished reading the letter and she saw the translations to Korean, Mandarin and Japanese I made. She looks up to me and said to me.

"This is all good. You can post it." She replied and paused briefly.

"But make sure to post the message first before the photo. Any other questions?" She asked me.

"None, Okaasan. I wanted to give you these, from Appa." I replied to her and handed her the bag of baked goods.

"Oh, Gomawo, Mingju." Sana Okaasan replied.

"Our sweet Ttal, I hope you have the best time moving forward." Chew Otosan replied and captured me in a side hug.

"I will, Otosan. Working with the best people inspired me a lot to do my best as always. Thank you for your support and your treatment of us." I replied to her.

"I will always stand by you, Ming. Through thick and thin, I will be there to support your decisions as a Leader of your group or as an individual." She replied to me and patted my back softly.

She was like a Father to me in the industry, she was always someone who allowed room for creative inputs out of everyone and now the third full album, was about to be released, highlighting the least popular members' voices this time. I was grateful with our direction and guidance from her and her wife Sana Okaasan. How lucky must I've been to be able to land a spot in one of their debuting teams, I would never know had I said no to Sana Okaasan beforehand. Had I never tried it out, I would have never gained such an opportunity and at that time, I was solely focused on my Father's needs. Desperate against time to give him an extension in life. Something Sana Okaasan remedied right away, when my Father had a difficulties with his health same time I was not allowed to even go home and withdraw from Produce 58, because I needed to be with Appa and beg for his life, I was preparing myself to do just that. Good thing Sana Okaasan heard from Eomma about my Father needing a heart transplant immediately.

Please log in to read the full chapter