Notification Fiasco

Dating App Match
Please log in to read the full chapter

Heath's POV:

I've been receiving thousands of request to follow my socials. It must be because Carrie already announced to the public what we are and who I am to her. Now, I don't mind honestly, what I do mind is people trying to sneak around and find my socials. The accounts I had were on private with stan accounts being the only ones with free access, because those accounts are empty except on twitter because twitter people are so engaging, I have friends on twitter that live all over the world, far flung places everyone who wanted to know more about HypeGirls and their discography. I made some cherished friends on stan twitter. Now as there are lots of people trying to request access to my profile, I don't feel like I owed them anything. It was the middle of my day, I can't wait to call her later and tell her about how my day at work panned out. We were preparing for another shoot for the upcoming month, planning a shoot with HIVE's newest soon to debut All Girl Rock band was a spectacle, because of a new concept. No one ever thought of making a Girl Rock band in South Korea ever. I was called by Kwon from across the production area.

"Kang Hyewon! To my office, now!" I heard her shout.

She sounded serious and pretty scary, so I got up from the table where several colleagues and I were throwing ideas for the upcoming shoot. It was after lunch at around two in the afternoon. I made my way across the production area and all eyes were on me, including Serenity Unnie who smiled softly once I passed by our cubicle and continued playing with her game. I reached Kwon's door that was open and I closed the door behind me.

"You called me?" I asked her.

"Yeah, we need to scramble and get a statement out of you. There are several people calling my line and asking if we want to comment about Kim Carrie's announcement, apparently you and Kim Carrie are dating?" She asked surprised.

"Yeah we are. I mean, you must have expected we were. I don't know why you had to shout for me when you can simply tell them no comment." I replied to her and paused.

"I have a lot of work to do, is this everything?" I asked her.

"You could at least warn me." She replied sulkily.

"Kwon, I didn't need to warn you about this, I'm a grown woman. You're making it sound like I'm a kid who doesn't know a thing about things. Just don't respond and they'll leave you alone." I replied to her chuckling.

It was ridiculous that she had to call me to her office. 

"Okay, you can go back and I'll handle everything you air head!" She exclaimed.

"You love this air head. I'm getting snacks, want anything from the pantry? Perhaps order food, my treat." I replied to her.

"Dakkochi sounds nice and Jjangmyeon, Kimbap too." She replied.

I smiled at her.

"Dakkochi, Jjangmyeon and Kimbap coming right up." I replied to her as I whipped my phone out and pulled up a food delivery app.

I ordered one for everyone, a treat for the upcoming onslaught of the media. There was thirty of us including a newbie Men's Editor that replaced Daehwi. He was Kwon's good friend named Park Min Ho. He was nice and respectable, a biual according to Kwon. He was well dressed and seemed like a nice guy overall. Daehwi was let go after the case I filed reached its conclusion. He was also banned and blacklisted from ever having a job at publication houses across Korea and other Asian countries. Talk about being screwed over. I went on to the pantry and got myself an Iced Tea and Iced Americano for Kwon. I went back to her office right after and sat with her. My phone's still notifying of the follow request and Carrie's post notifications. There was three, one from her Instagram and the other from SZC's Twitter and her official Twitter.

"Don't stress out, we are fine Kwon. We plan to never answer questions, I can totally do that as Carrie wishes to just be done with all the news we might be getting. It's to prevent Dispatch from outing her, so she came out herself." I replied to her reassuringly.

"How can I not be stressed? When my office phone keeps ringing?! Jinjja! Huh?! How do you stay this calm?!" She replied sulkily.

"Because it's not a problem, they're just curious about me, but by now, people who knew me from SZC Training had an idea, they'll be bound to find videos of me at the audition and evaluation and that's about it. They don't have the complete details now, do they? As long as I keep our mouth shut, we'll be fine Kwon." I replied to her smiling.

She breathed a sigh and smiled at me finally.

"Well played, Kang. Those videos when you were so young and foolish, a baby making a fool out of herself." She replied and sat beside me before briefly pausing.

"Congratulations by the way for finding love. I am really happy for you." She told me and leaned her head down my shoulder. 

My arm automatically enveloped her into a side hug. It was what made Kwon and I close, we may argue a lot, like an old couple, but we choose to always understand and be happy with the explanation we each have. 

"Thank you, Madison. She's a kind person, calm and quiet, she managed to break down my insecurities, something I never told you about." I replied to her.

"Well, we both have time right now. Care to tell me? Because I always knew you weren't being your honest self. I just went and rode along with it, because I sense you're trying to battle through something." She replied.

"Well, to start off, My Father is alive. I've met him when I was 16. He may have hit me in the head basing on my memories or what little memories I had of him. No one wanted to answer any questions I had, so I grew up with all the questions and monsters that were constantly there making me closed off to everyone and with what happened between me and Nana, I grew more insecure. Look, that part was already gone, I don't remember anything. I'd rather we move forward and look forward to other things, just like what I kept on doing. I am fine, Madie, I grew up well with Oehaelmoni and Eomma. They are all I ever need." I replied to her.

It was the truth, Oehaelmoni and Eomma are the two most important people I have, never mind my aunts and my uncle who has a life of their own somewhere far away from us. Eomma stayed with Oehaelmoni up until her last br

Please log in to read the full chapter