628 (ii) - Itaewon

Spartace's Off-Cam
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jihyo neun eodiya?”, Jongkook asks one of the staffs after he completed his penalty. He is worried about Jihyo’s condition and finishing the penalty as soon as possible is one of his task of that day before they end the shoot.

 

             “I saw her downstairs. She said she is waiting for you.”, the staff replies.

 

             “Keurae. Gomawo.”, Jongkook says as he takes off all the safety equipment on his body.

 

             “Hyung!”, Sechan calls Jongkook but he just ignores him.

 

             “Let him. I bet he is worried about Jihyo.”, Jaesuk says to Sechan as he taps his shoulder.

 

             “We are all worried about Jihyo, Jaesuk-a.”, Sukjin says.

 

             “Ara. But he is Jihyo’s boyfriend. He must be worried a lot.”, Jaesuk emphasizes.

 

             Jongkook takes the stairs as fast as he can as he is walking like the speed of light. He is worried about Jihyo and he wants to be with her as soon as possible. He goes downstairs and looks around to find Jihyo. He approaches Jihyo who is leaning on the chair nearby while touching her stiff neck as staffs surround her.

 

             “Jihyo-ya.”, Jongkook calls on as he approaches him.

 

             “Oppa, are you done?”, Jihyo asks while holding her neck.

 

             “Eo. Let’s go to the hospital.”, Jongkook says as he helps Jihyo to stand up.

 

             “Aniya, oppa. Na gwenchana jigeum.”, Jihyo stands up but she rejects Jongkook offers.

 

             “Ya. Musseun gwenchana when you are in pain like this? Let’s go to the hospital, eo?”, Jongkook persuades.

 

             “Keunyang ka, Jihyo-ya. We are all worried about you.”, Haha approaches from distance.

 

             “Oppa…”, Jihyo sighs.

 

             “Please don’t be so stubborn and listen to me. Kaja.”, Jongkook says as he grabs Jihyo’s hand and find Gapjin to drive them to the hospital.

 

             “Hyung? Byeongwon?”, Gapjin immediately approaches Jongkook as he notices that Jongkook is with Jihyo.

 

             “Eo. Jihyo manhi appeo.”, Jongkook says in worry.

 

             “Arasseo. I will take the van now.”, Gapjin says as he walks away.

 

             “Noona, gwenchana? Ajik appeo?”, Sechan asks Jihyo as soon as he, Jaesuk and Sukjin arrive at the downstairs.

 

             “Ajik appasseo. Hajiman, amusgeodo aniya. Jongkook oppa is making a fuss. He wants to bring me to the hospital.”, Jihyo sighs while holding her neck and Jongkook’s hand.

 

             “He is not making a fuss, Jihyo-ya. He is taking care of you. It’s good for you to go to the hospital now before something worse happen.”, Jaesuk advice.

 

             “Maja, Jihyo-ya. I was so shocked you told me few weeks ago that you like to drive by yourself without your manager because you don’t want to trouble people. But look at you, you are troubling yourself.”, Sukjin says in dissatisfy while pointing at her.

 

             “Gwenchana, oppa. At least people around me is fine.”, Jihyo answers with a smile.

 

             “Ya. Are you proud of that?”, Jongkook turns his head to look at Jihyo.

 

             “Put yourself first too, noona. Do you think we are not worried when you did things like this?”, Sechan complains.

 

             “Maja, Jihyo-ya. If you think you are not troubling people, you are wrong. Look, you are going to the hospital right now. With Kookjong and Gapjin. Kookjong can just go to the gym to work out and Gapjin can go home, but they are here to accompany you to the hospital.”, Jaesuk enlightens.

 

             “Oppa…”, Jihyo suddenly feels bad while looking at Jaesuk, Sukjin, Jongkook and Sechan.

 

             “You can sleep and rest at home too by now if you are not involved in an accident. I’m saying this not to offend you or else, Jihyo-ya. You can’t be doing things alone with the thoughts of not troubling people. We, as a human, at least need a person to rely on. That’s what a friend, boyfriend and family for.”, Jaesuk keep on giving his advice to Jihyo.

 

             “Ne, oppa. Jeuseonghamnida.”, Jihyo bows to Jongkook and also to Sukjin and Sechan. “Mianhae, oppa.”, Jihyo apologizes to Jongkook too.

 

             “Just get better, eo?”, Jongkook looks at her while patting her head. He is also feels bad for Jihyo. She deserves the scolding from everyone but she is also in pain now. At least Jongkook didn’t scold her so much so that she doesn’t feel bad anymore.

 

             “Eo.”, Jihyo nods.

 

             “Kaja. Gapjin is here.”, Jongkook says while pointing to his van nearby. 

 

             “Kanda.”, Jihyo bids her goodbye to Jaesuk, Sukjin and Sechan. “Kanda, oppa. Yeorobun.”, Jihyo bows to Haha and the crews from distance too while thanking and apologizing to them.

 

           “Jumsimhaeyo, noona, hyung.”, Sechan bids his goodbye to the couple too.

 

             “Anything just tell us, Kookjong, Miss Mong. Get better soon and have enough rest, Jihyo-ya.”, Jaesuk says while tapping Jihyo’s arm gently.

 

             Both Jongkook and Jihyo enter the van and go to the hospital immediately. Jongkook can’t think of anything except for Jihyo’s health so he accompany Jihyo to see the doctor. He is there as her guardian, not a colleague or a friend. Despite knowing the fact that Jihyo think he is overreacting.

 

             “Songsaenim, ottokaeyo? How is Jihyo condition?”, Jongkook asks immediately after the doctor is done checking Jihyo.

 

             “Oppa...”, Jihyo tries to stop Jongkook. Of course she is thinking that Jongkook is overreacting despite knowing that Jongkook is worried to death about her.

 

             “I asked Jihyo-ssi before if she has a neck pain or stiffness and worsening of pain with neck movement, she said yes. So I checked her neck too earlier as you saw before. I have to conclude that she has a neck injury due to her minor accident earlier. I will diagnose her with a Whiplash.”, the doctor explains.

 

             “Whiplash?”, Jihyo asks as she heard the uncommon word from the doctor’s.

 

             “Whiplash is commonly caused by rear-end car accidents. Just like Jihyo-ssi. It may be called that as a neck sprain or strain, but these terms also include other types of neck injuries.”, the doctor continues to explain.

 

             “Is it dangerous, songsaenim?”, Jongkook asks in worry.

 

             “Aniyo, Jongkook-ssi. But she will develops some disturbance afterward. Just like ringing in the ears, sleep disturbances, irritability, difficulty concentrating and so on. So she will have someone to take care of her for the time-being.”, the doctor says to the couple.

 

             “How long does it take to heal, sonsaengnim? I will be going to Malaysia in few weeks.”, Jihyo asks in worry. She is afraid that her injury may cause problems to her and also people around her. Especially she will be meeting her fans in few weeks. What if she still doesn’t heal at that time?

 

             “It will be better within few weeks and it don’t seem to have any lasting effects from the injury, Jihyo-ssi. However, some people continue to have pain for several months or years after the injury occurred.”, the doctor says the truth.

 

             “So, she will occur some complications too later, songsaenim?”, Jongkook asks that his eyes open widely.

 

             “Not everyone. It is difficult to predict how each person with Whiplash may recover. In general, Jihyo-ssi may be more likely to have chronic pain if her first symptoms were intense, started rapidly and included a severe neck pain, more-limited range of motion and pain that spread to her arms.”, the doctor explains while looking at the couple.

 

             “How can I prevent that to happen, songsaenim?”, Jongkook asks.

 

             “Nothing you can do except of taking care of her well. And it’s depend on Jihyo-ssi too, she has to take care of herself well.”, the doctor smile.

 

             “Ne, songsaenim. Kamsahamnida.”, Jihyo nods.

 

             “Ne.”, the doctor nods too as they all are standing up. 

 

        “Kamsahamnida, songsaenim.”, Jongkook thanks the doctor too.

 

             “Ne. I bet you are more than her friend, Jongkook-ssi? Seeing you here accompanying Jihyo-ssi instead of her manager? I mean, a very special friend. Right?”, the doctor smile.

 

             “Ne. She really is my special person. To be more specific, special friend.”, Jongkook manages to control his fluster and answer the doctor properly.

 

 

“Jusim.”, Jongkook says while holding Jihyo and help her to sit on the couch.

 

             “Oppa. You are overreacting. It’s my neck which is hurt. Not my entire body nor my leg. I can use my body well and walk by myself.”, Jihyo complains as she takes her seat while looking at Jongkook.

 

             “I just worried about you, eo? Let me take care of you. I can’t be taking care of you everyday due to our busy schedule. Please understand me this time.”, Jongkook persuades while hugging Jihyo’s shoulder carefully.

 

             “Don’t tell me you are feeling slightly guilty due to my accident this morning?”, Jihyo predicts while putting on her frown expression.

 

             “Eo. I should come with you to the shooting like usual. But you happened to not sleeping at my house last night and I don’t even know that you drove by yourself this morning. I should have ask about it.”, Jongkook says in sullen.

 

             “Don’t blame yourself, oppa. It’s really my fault. I should ask Bom to accompany me and drive me to the shooting, but I insisted. No one at fault now. Except for me.”, Jihyo consoles Jongkook while his cheek.

 

             “Ani. No one at fault right now as you said. So it’s not your fault either. Stop blaming yourself. We don’t know that you’re gonna involve with the accident this morning. And no one wants that to happen. You, me, your family, Bom and also the member. Eo?”, Jongkook asks carefully.

 

             “Arasseo.”, Jihyo nods as her hand still Jongkook’s cheek.

 

             “Have you told about it to your family and Bom?”, Jongkook asks in curious.

 

             “Eo. I did. I told omma appa that I will spending the night here and you will take care of me so they are not so worried. I also told Bom about my condition and she is relieved too.”, Jihyo informs.

 

             “Arasseo. I will be taking care of you. Anyway, I have a shoot tomorrow. Should I postpone and take care of you, Jihyo-ya?”, Jongkook asks an unexpected question.

 

             “Ya. Michesseo? It’s not like I’m warded or giving birth. Don’t overreact. I have a meeting tomorrow too.”, Jihyo says while hitting his chest lightly.

 

             “Meeting? Musseun meeting? Can’t you just stay at home?”, Jongkook requests.

 

             “Andwae. It’s regarding the Glutanex event in Malaysia. I can’t back out. I will go there in few weeks. There’s a lot of things to prepare.”, Jihyo informs.

 

             “Keurae? That would make me worry tomorrow.”, Jongkook sighs while tilting his head.

 

             “I will make sure that I won’t do anything stupid and I will take care of myself well, eo? Just do your best for your shooting tomorrow, oppa.”, Jihyo says while kissing his cheek with a smile.

 

             “Ya.”, Jongkook finally smiles.

 

             “An joha? Take it back.”, Jihyo jokes.

 

             “Aniya. Hajiman, what do you mean earlier? Giving birth? Do you really have that thought, eo?”, Jongkook jokes.

 

             “Ya. It’s just an example. Don’t take it seriously.”, Jihyo frowns while smacking Jongkook’s head.

 

             “Ya. Remember last week? At the hotel?”, Jongkook touches his head while smiling.

 

             “Mwo?”, Jihyo stuttered as she is embarrassed by Jongkook while recalling their night at the hotel last week.

 

             “Wae? Are you blushing? I’m just asking.”, Jongkook giggles.

 

             “Seolma? You didn’t put on your ?”, Jihyo asks in shock that her eyes almost popped out and opens widely.

 

             “Ya. Na pabo aniya. What are you thinking?”, Jongkook giggles.             

 

             “Pabo.”, Jihyo glares at him in relief, making that guy is enjoying his time to .

 

 

The K League for the First Half is still ongoing as it is only 8pm in the evening. Jongkook watches the match between Seoul and Anyang after he is back from his shooting earlier. He had his dinner with Gapjin and his friends too and decide to go home right away to watch the match. He even calls Jihyo to ask her well-being and fortunately, she is fine and spending her day at home to take a rest.

 

             Jongkook is totally focused watching the match between his hometown and Seoul that he doesn’t aware that his girlfriend is coming. Jihyo enters the house with a late night snack as usual and she puts it on the living table while peeking at Jongkook.

 

             “You are not happy to see me?”, Jihyo asks after she puts the food on the table.

 

             “Eo? Jihyo-ya!”, Jongkook screams in shock.             

 

             “Are you that focused watching the football that you don’t notice your pretty girlfriend is here?”, Jihyo jokes as she takes a seat next to him.

 

             “Mian. I really don’t aware you are here.”, Jihyo says as he hugs her.

 

             “Bogoshipeo. If you ask me, that’s my answer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter