624 - Diamonds

Spartace's Off-Cam
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyung, you are not going home?”, Haha asks as he changes his outfit.

 

             “I’ll wait for Jihyo.”, Jongkook answers as his hand busy scrolling his Instagram feed on his phone.

 

             “Keurae. Na kanda, hyung.”, Haha says as he bids his goodbye to Jongkook.

 

             “Nado kanda, hyung.”, Sechan follows Haha.

 

             “Eo.”, Jongkook nods as he waves his hand to them.   

 

             A while after that, Sukjin enters the changing room after he doing his business in the toilet. He then notices that Jongkook is still playing with his phone and not going home.

 

             “Eo? Ajik isseo, Jongkook-a?”, Sukjin asks as he changes his outfit.

 

             “I’m waiting for Jihyo.”, Jongkook repeats the same answer.

 

             “Ya~~ You are not getting the penalty but somehow you look like you are getting the penalty too, eo? Waiting for your yeochin who is getting the penalty at the flower field.”, Sukjin jokes while chuckling.

 

             “What to do, hyung? We rarely meet each other these days as both of us getting busy. Sometimes we get to spend time at home just for a while.”, Jongkook suddenly reveals his love life to Sukjin.

 

             “How about a date? Do you guys often go to a date too?”, Sukjin asks as he is curious about how these two have been doing.

 

             “We went to date but not as we used to back then. Sometimes only once a week and sometimes it’s twice a week. We often spend time at home and here only.”, Jongkook reveals again.

 

             “You don’t want to get married?”, Sukjin suddenly asks the obvious answer he can get from the question he threw to Jongkook.

 

             “Eo? Gapjagi, hyung?”, Jongkook chuckles shyly.

 

             “Ani. I just want to know how you feel for now. You stop talking about marriage in tv.”, Sukjin points out. Somehow, he is concern of his dongsaeng.

 

             “Mwoya, hyung? Just be yourself.”, Jongkook chuckles while looking at him.

 

             “I’m serious, Jongkook. How do you feel about it?”, Sukjin asks again. Suddenly they are having a deep talk there.

 

             “Marriage? Emmm. Who doesn’t want to get marry?”, Jongkook smiles. 

 

             “Keureom? What are you waiting for? Both of you are not getting younger.”, Sukjin reminds.

 

             “Keunyang. I want her to have her freedom and live her best life before getting marry. Keurigu, I don’t really know she feels these days. She is also stop talking about marriage. I don’t want to confuse her. She will feel bad at me and I don’t want that. I like living like this with her.”, Jongkook reveals.

 

             “Keurae? You should communicate each other.”, Sukjin throwing advice.

 

             “What happen to you, hyung? You sounds like Jaesuk hyung.”, Jongkook giggles.

 

             “I think Jaesuk is getting into me right now.”, Sukjin jokes back.

 

             “Ani. I think you are getting into him.”, Jongkook teases while laughing.

 

             “Mwoya? Ya. Answer me. You should communicate.”, Sukjin repeats again.

 

             “We did. But I don’t want to talk with her about marriage. I just want to live like this with her.”, Jongkook repeats again to emphasize his words.

 

             “I will ask her one day, eo?”, Sukjin offers.

 

             “Andwae, hyung. She will seriously feel bad afterwards.”, Jongkook doesn’t like the idea.

 

             “Gwenchana. She will never know that it’s from you. I’m just being a concern oppa to her.”, Sukjin says coolly, giving a funny vibe somehow.

 

             “You’re funny, hyung.”, Jongkook laughs. Though he feels that Sukjin is acting funny, but he can sense his sincerity. Sukjin really cares about him. No. Them.

 

             After having a deep talk with Sukjin, Jongkook phone suddenly ringing and it shows that is his girlfriend is calling. She probably has done the shoot, he predicts. 

 

             “Jihyo-ya? Are you done?”, Jongkook asks her as soon as he answers.

 

             “Eo. I’m done. I’m going back right now with Jaesuk oppa and Sominnie.”, Jihyo informs.

 

             “Keurae. I’ll wait for you.”, Jongkook says.

 

             “Ne? Aniya, oppa. Keunyang ka. You have to play soccer tonight, keutji? Keunyang ka. The road trip from here to Gangnam takes about an hour. You can’t be late.”, Jihyo says to Jongkook.

 

             “Gwenchana. The match is on the night. It’s still early.”, Jongkook giving excuses.

 

             “Aniya, oppa. It will turn evening soon. Keunyang ka, eo?”, Jihyo convinces.

 

             “Ya. Why do you keep driving me away?”, Jongkook starts to feel annoy.

 

             “Ani… Are you mad? Mian. I don’t want you to wait for me. You will probably tired afterward.”, Jihyo replies in her small voice. Afraid that she gets to annoy Jongkook more.

 

             “Aniya… Can I just wait for you?”, Jongkook suddenly feels bad for being annoying to his girlfriend. 

 

             “Arasseo keureom. I’ll be there in few minutes.”, Jihyo finally gives in. 

 

             Jongkook ends his phone call as he waits for Jihyo. He then looks at Sukjin who has been listening to their conversation from the beginning. 

 

             “Hyung, ajik an kasseoyo?”, Jongkook asks while looking at Sukjin.

 

             “Najunghae. Why are you being annoy to her so suddenly? Is that how you treat Jihyo?”, Sukjin starts to act concern again.

 

             “Aniya, hyung. She keeps driving me away. I just want to wait for her.”, Jongkook giving excuse.

 

             “She is concern of you. Don’t get annoy. I think Jihyo is the only one who can tame you but so are you. She is the person that only you can tame. This is interesting.”, Sukjin exclaims.

 

             “Gapjagi, hyung? I think you are really getting older now. Seeing you changes mood so suddenly.”, Jongkook giggles.

 

             “I think so.”, Sukjin admits, making both of them laughing.

 

             “Na kanda.”, Sukjin bids his goodbye after sharing laughter and some deep conversation with Jongkook.

 

             “Eo. Jusimhae, hyung.”, Jongkook bids his goodbye too.

 

             Jongkook quickly changes his outfit to his own as he waits for Jihyo. He then puts his Runningman outfit in the bag to give it to his manager afterward. 

 

The sound of the door being open from outside caught Jongkook’s attention. He then peeks and looks at the familiar silhouette of his hyung, Yoo Jaesuk.

 

“Hyung?”, Jongkook calls on.

 

“Jihyo outside.”, Jaesuk informs as he points outside the door.

 

“Arasseo. Na kanda, hyung.”, Jongkook bids his goodbye to Jaesuk.

 

“Keunyang ka? Are you really waiting for her only?”, Jaesuk asks in disbelief.

 

“Keureom? Why would I wait for you and Somin?”, Jongkook chuckles as he goes outside.

 

“That guy is really head over heels for Jihyo. Sometimes I can’t believe he is Kim Jongkook.”, Jaesuk talks to himself while shaking his head.

 

Jongkook walks around to find his girlfriend and he quickly notice Jihyo’s familiar walk from the distance. He quickly approaches her while walking with a speed of light.

 

“Jinjja… You are really still here waiting for me.”, Jihyo says as soon as she notices her boyfriend.

 

“I told you.”, Jongkook smiles.

 

“Arasseo. Kaja. You will be late for tonight.”, Jihyo says.

 

 

Seoul Worldcup Stadium Dog Park is one of the three government-operated dog parks, open year-round with free admission for residents with registered pets. Jihyo often brings Hotteok there if she wants to take a walk and play with her. She even registered Hotteok as one of the pets at the park too.

 

             It is a space where visitors can take their dogs off leash and let them play while running around. There are designated sections for different sized dogs; small, medium and large. Trash bins are also installed in the park where visitors can dispose their dog’s waste so the puppies can run around in a clean and safe environment.

 

             Jihyo often brings Hotteok there with Hyemin and Hongda since both of them has their own dogs too. But this time, since Jongkook is free of his schedule, he volunteers to go there with Jihyo. He rarely spends his time with Hotteok lately.

 

             “Where should we bring her?”, Jongkook asks as soon as they arrive at the Seoul Worldcup Stadium Dog Park.

 

             “Follow me.”, Jihyo says as she leads the way. Jongkook obediently follows Jihyo from behind as he holding the Hotteok’s leash.

 

             “A lot of people will be here, Jihyo?”, Jongkook asks as he looks around.

 

             “Ani. I rent it today.”, Jihyo answers.

 

             “Jinjja?”, Jongkook asks in disbelief.

 

             “Eo. Come here, gongju.”, Jihyo squat to Hotteok’s level to hug her. “What should we play today, eo?”, Jihyo asks as she Hotteok’s ears and body.

 

             “Let’s play with appa, eo?”, Jongkook offers as he squats to Hotteok’s level too.

 

             “What do you want to play with her, oppa? Flirt pole?”, Jihyo suggests.

 

             “I never play that with her.”, Jongkook tilts his head.

 

             “I will teach you. Come on.”, Jihyo stands up as she leads the way again.

 

             They enter the field with a flirt stick to play the flirt pole with Hotteok. Using a flirt pole is a fun way to keep Hotteok mentally and physically active. They are especially great for high energy dogs just like Hotteok because one quick session can really tire out a dog.

 

             A flirt pole (also called a flirt stick) is a long pole with a rope attached to the end. On the end of the rope is a lure that is used to entice a dog to chase. Flirt poles provide great exercise and they are mentally stimulating. Somehow, it also a way to let Hotteok use their natural prey drive in a non-destructive way. At the same time, they are great for practicing some basic impulse control such as letting go on command.

 

             “Oppa, hold this.”, Jihyo hands the flirt pole to Jongkook.

 

             “Eo.”, Jongkook gladly takes the flirt pole from Jihyo. “What can I do with this?”, he asks.

 

             “Make sure you let gongju to win, eo?”, Jihyo says to him.

 

             “Wae?”, Jongkook asks in puzzle while looking at her.

 

             “By letting her win, we are making the game more engaging and fun. It will encourage gongju to keep playing too. If gongju don’t get that chance to win, she become discouraged and uninterested to play with you.”, Jihyo explains.

 

             “Eo? Keurae? Arasseo. Anything for gongjunim.”, Jongkook smiles.

 

             “And remember to take it slow when you starting out. Using the flirt pole with her is very high impact. It can be rough on her joints.”, Jihyo reminds again. She looks just like Hotteok’s mom who is truly caring for her.

 

             “Arasseo, Hotteok’s omma.”, Jongkook nods in understanding.

 

             Jihyo watches Jongkook playing the flirt pole with Hotteok with her lovely eyes. She fascinates that Jongkook is doing well with Hotteok, though she gets to explain and guide him a bit. He really is that one of a kind boyfriend in the world.

 

 

Jihyo is busy packing Jongkook’s stuff as she grabs all his suitable and needed stuffs to Jeju Island. , boxer, pants, sleeveless shirt, hoodie, cap and even a towel Jihyo puts it in the luggage. She double-check the luggage and realizes that something is missing. It is his socks. After putting the pair of socks in the luggage, someone is calling her.

 

             “Jihyo-ya?”, Jongkook calls from the living room. He must have arrived after working out at the gym with his friends.

 

             “Oppa wasseo?”, Jihyo goes outside as she looks at Jongkook.

 

             “Eo? What are you doing in the room? Are you sleeping already?”, Jongkook asks as he puts his stuffs on the couch.

 

             “Aniya. I’m checking your luggage for tomorrow. Oppa gwenchana?”, Jihyo replies while asking him.

 

             “Eo, gwenchana. Are you sure you don’t want to go with me to Jejuddo?”, Jongkook approaches her.

 

             “Ani. You are going there for Mom’s Diary’s shooting. Not for a vacation.”, Jihyo replies while raising her head to look at him.

 

             “I won’t ask twice, eo?”, Jongkook says to make sure as he rubs Jihyo’s forehead.             

 

             “Eo. I’m sure with my decision. Keokjeong hajima. Have you eaten?”, Jihyo immediately asks, afraid that she want to go to Jeju Island too along with him.

 

             “I had some meals earlier. But I bought something for you too.”, Jongkook says.

 

             “Mwo?”, Jihyo asks with her mong face.

 

             “Tteokbeokki keureom.”, Jongkook smiles.

 

             “Yokssiiii. Uri namchin jinjja daebakidaaaa~~”, Jihyo says with her cute voice while scrunching her nose.

 

             “Don’t you think I should receive some gift from you?”, Jongkook asks cheekily.

 

             “Musseun gift?”, Jihyo tries to play dumb to tease Jongkook.

 

             “You want me to say or are you willingly give it to me?”, Jongkook challenges as he moves his face closer to her.

 

             “Igeo?”, Jihyo lands her lip on his. Gladly Jongkook kisses her back but she quickly pulls away her lip from him.

 

             “Eo? That was too short.”, Jongkook says in disbelief.

 

             “Can we eat first? Na bageuppa.”, Jihyo pouts to win her boyfriend’s heart.

 

             “No one can say no to that face.”, Jongkook gives in as he pinches her cheek.

 

             “Assa!”, Jihyo exclaims in excitement.

 

             “Meogja palli.”, Jongkook says as he grabs the tteokbeokki from the plastic bag.

 

             Both of them go the kitchen to have their snack as their supper for that night. Jihyo as usual will asks Jongkook on what drink he would like to have. As expected, Jongkook wants the protein shake in half as he is just finish working out.

 

             “Are getting ready to go tomorrow, oppa?”, Jihyo asks while taking a bite of her food.

 

             “Keureom. I go there for a shooting. I should be ready at least.”, Jongkook answers after sipping his protein shake.

 

             “You should take care of yourself there, eo?”, Jihyo asks in concern.

 

             “I’m not a kid. And you? Why you keep asking me? Just go if you want, eo?”, Jongkook says.

 

             “Aniya. I’m just worried about you.”, Jihyo frowns.

 

             “I told you I’m going for a shoot. And I am with my friends and staffs. Why are you worry? I’m the one that worry about you. I know you will be hanging out with your friends or gongjunim, but thinking that we are far away making me sad and worry too.”, Jongkook reveals.

 

             “Keunyang Jejuddo, oppa. And you will be going only for three days. Why the fuss?”, Jihyo pouts.

 

             “Talk to yourself. Why would you worry about me that much? Na gwenchana.”, Jongkook chuckles.

 

             “Mwoya?”, Jihyo glares at him. “Keurigu, I already packed your outfits. Your , boxer, pants, sleeveless shirt, hoodie, cap, towel and socks. Anything else? Your shoes and slippers, I already prepared it earlier. It was there.”, Jihyo says while pointing at the door.

 

             “Ya. Are you my manager? Why would you pack my stuffs? Gapjin or Seobin can do it for me.”, Jongkook says in dissatisfaction.

 

             “Are you mad at me because I pack your stuffs? I know how forgetful you are.”, Jihyo frowns.

 

             “I know. Just let them do it for me. Don’t do it for me because I would feel bad.”, Jongkook reveals.

 

             “Why would you feel bad? I’ve been doing this for you. Taking care of you. A yeochin can’t do that for her namchin?”, Jihyo asks in dissatisfy.

 

             “Ani. You can. Hajiman, gwenchana?”, Jongkook asks to make sure.

 

             “After these 4 years, you are seriously asking me now? You’re funny, oppa.”, Jihyo shakes her head while smiling.

 

             “Eo?”, Jongkook smiles too.

 

             “Gwenchana. I like taking care of you. It makes me feel at ease.”, Jihyo reveals, making the butterflies on Jongkook’s stomach dance gracefully.

 

             “You always saying things that made me fluttered.”, Jongkook blushes while smiling.

 

             “And you always gave me cheesy comments. We are even, eo?”, Jihyo says.

 

             “Eo. We are even.”, Jongkook agrees.

 

             “Eo, jamkan. Have you pack your toiletries too?”, Jihyo asks.

 

             “Ani. I just packed my cleanser.”, Jongkook reveals.

 

             “Toothbrush? Toothpaste?”, Jihyo asks again.

 

             “Ani…”, Jongkook answers with his small voice.

 

             “Arghhh, oppa! This is why I have to keep taking care of you!”, Jihyo sighs.

 

 

Jihyo is getting ready to attend Nucksal’s wedding as she dresses herself with a black dress. A make-up and touch are also light as Hyemin is helping to make up her a bit while Hongda is styling her hair.

 

             Before she gets to go, Jongkook is calling her. He must on his way to Seoul, she thoughts.

 

             “Eo, oppa? Are you at airport now?”, Jihyo asks as soon as she answers Jongkook’s call.

 

             “Eo. I will arrive at night.”, Jongkook answers.

 

             “Arasseo. Jusim, oppa.”, Jihyo says to him.

 

             “Eo. Keut? You don’t miss me?”, Jongkook starts to act clingy as he always be towards his girlfriend.

 

             “Mwoya? It’s been only three days.”, Jihyo says.

 

             “Only? Only, Jihyo-ya? Wahhhh. I be missing you like crazy here.”, Jongkook whines.

 

             “Nado.”, Jihyo finally admits with a chuckle.

 

             “Finally you said it.”, Jongkook chuckles along too. “Are you going to the wedding now?”, Jongkook asks her.

 

             “Eo. In few minutes. I am still getting ready.”, Jihyo replies.

 

             “I called Sechan earlier.”, Jongkook reveals.

 

             “Seolma? Do you asked him to take care of me and watching me?”, Jihyo predicts as opens widely.

 

             “Eo…”, Jongkook admits, though he knows that Jihyo doesn’t like it.

 

             “Oppa! I’m 42 already. I can take care of myself. Don’t ask Sechan to do anything ridiculous.”, Jihyo starts to get upset.

 

             “Ani… he is the only friend that I closed with will be attending the wedding with you. I can’t ask Sungwoo or Chulmin PD. Keurigu, Sung Sikyung? Andwae. He will fall in love in you sooner or after.”, Jongkook suddenly getting jealous.

 

             “Oppa! Jinjja! Are you really going to be like this? You are still insecure of Sikyung?”, Jihyo asks in disbelief.

 

             “The fact that he is going too….”, Jongkook answers carefully.

 

             “This is why we always fight. Your jealousy, oppa. You don’t trust me, eo? You know I’m not that woman who fall in love with other people easily just like Kwangsoo. You know me.”, Jihyo enlightens.

 

             “Eo, I know you. keunyang… it’s myself. Mian. Enjoy yourself there with Sechan, eo? Tell me anything.”, Jongkook says.

 

             “Eyyyy. It’s not that I get mad at you just because of your jealousy, oppa. I still…. Misses you… don’t avoid me.”, Jihyo suddenly feels bad. She knows that Jongkook is always jealous of other man around her, since she is stunningly beautiful though she is 42 years old.

 

             “Aniya. I have to catch a flight earlier and the others start to talk to each other. I should join at least. They will tease me if they caught me calling you.”, Jongkook chuckles.

 

             “Jinjja? Arasseo keureom. I have to go to now. Sechan send me a message. Afraid that he will waits for me.”, Jihyo says to Jongkook.

 

             “Keurae. See you later, yeobo.”, Jongkook bids his goodbye.

 

             “Eo. Nado, oppa.”, Jihyo says and ends the phone call soon after.

 

             Jihyo looks in the mirror as she is already to attend the wedding. She somehow thinks she looks pretty with that outfits and decides to take a picture of it. Probably to keep it and send it to her boyfriend.

 

             “Is that Jongkook oppa earlier, unnie? I bet he starts to get jealous again.”, Hongda says and predicts Jihyo’s boyfriend behavior.

 

             “Don’t ask. It’s always him.”, Jihyo shakes her head.

 

             “Oppa is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter