615 - Volleyball

Spartace's Off-Cam
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The hair salon is a place of connection as much as pampering. It is where the community go to talk, to share a coffee, feel good about themselves and the main one is transforming their own hair. It is also where people go to look beautiful on the outside and let it feed in to the insides, boost that sense of love toward the self and others. Somehow, it’s a chance to look in the mirror and focus on the self and have that be okay, something to celebrate. 

 

             Jihyo takes her seat on the chair facing the mirror to trim her short hair. It’s almost past her shoulder and she decides to trim her hair because her hair starts to look shapeless and frayed.

 

             “Just trim her hair shortly so that it looks nice and neat.”, Hongda inform the barber as she is Jihyo’s hairstylist. She knows Jihyo’s hair the best.

 

             “Ne.”, the barber nods with a smile. “I will cut it a layer a bit.”, the barber says.

 

             “Arasseoyo.”, Hongda nods with a smile and walk away to leave her with Jihyo. 

 

             “You can take a nap, Jihyo-ssi.”, the barber says to Jihyo as she puts the cutting cape on Jihyo.

 

             “Aniyo. You always said that to me. I’m no more that Sleepy Jihyo.”, Jihyo smiles shyly.

 

             “Keuraeyo?”, she smiles too as she starts to trim Jihyo’s hair.

 

             After about 30 minutes t Jihyo short bob haircut, she thanks the barber and bows slightly to her. The well-mannered Jihyo who treats everyone the same. “Kamsahamnida.”.

 

             “Ne, Jihyo-ssi. If you want to keep your hair short just like now or maintain your short bob haircut, you can come here to trim every two or three weeks to keep it looking precise.”, the barber informs.

 

             “Arasseoyo. I want to grow it longer a bit and I will trim it here again. Kamsahamnida.”, Jihyo says while thanking her again.

 

             “Ne.”, the barber replies with a smile and excuse herself.

 

             Jihyo slightly satisfy by her haircut though there’s nothing much different. Just fix the shapeless hair of her to keep it neat and nice as always. 

 

             “Hongda. Hyemin.”, Jihyo calls her friends.

 

             “Eo, is it done, unnie?”, Hyemin asks the obvious question.

 

             “Eo.”, Jihyo nods.

 

             “Keurae. You two wait here. I want to buy some stuffs. Jihyo unnie’s hair conditioner and hair spray are about to run out.”, Hongda says and walks away to buy it.

 

             “Are you going to spend the night at Jongkook oppa’s today, unnie?”, Hyemin asks as soon as Jihyo takes her seat next to her.

 

             “Molla. I’m not aware of his schedule. I will ask him later.”, Jihyo says while taking her phone.

 

             “Arasseo. I’m going to the toilet, unnie.”, Hyemin says to Jihyo.

 

             “Eo.”, Jihyo nods. She takes a look at her phone and notices that Jongkook sending messages to her saying that he is at the gym. Doing his work out as usual.

 

             Jongkook: (send picture) I look cool, right? ^^

 

             “Oppa.”, Jihyo chuckles upon seeing Jongkook’s picture posing with a dumbbell.

 

             Jihyo: (send picture) Always :P

 

             Jihyo replies with her selfie. She smiles as she sends her text and to her surprise, Jongkook immediately call.

 

             “Mongji?”, Jongkook calls her.

 

             “Eo, oppa.”, Jihyo answers.

 

             “Ya. Neo eodiya?”, Jongkook asks while panting. Probably she calls her after working out.

 

             “Hair salon. Wae?”, Jihyo answers with her mong face though Jongkook can’t see it.

 

             “Can we meet?”, Jongkook requests. 

 

             “Jigeum? Jigeum aniya. I’m still with Hyemin and Hongda, oppa. I thought you are working out?”, Jihyo asks in puzzle.

 

             “Keunyang. Neo bogoshipeo.”, Jongkook confesses.

 

             “Mwoya?”, Jihyo chuckles.

 

             “Are you gonna hang out with them until night?”, Jongkook asks.

 

             “Emmmm, molla. Perhaps. Wae?”, Jihyo asks back. Curious with Jongkook’s behavior.

 

             “I’ll wait for you at my apartment.”, Jongkook says.

 

             “Eo? Gapjagi? Are you asking me to sleep there?”, Jihyo asks to make sure.

 

             “Eo…. can you? I know I have a shoot tomorrow. Emmm…. Keunyang?”, Jongkook says while stuttering.

 

             “Emmm…”, Jihyo hesitates while tilting her head. She probably doesn’t want to disturb Jongkook on the day where he has a shoot especially on Tuesday and Wednesday because he will have a shoot on Wednesday for Problem Child in House and Mom’s Diary on Thursday. 

 

             “Eo, gwenchana. If you don’t want we can just meet on Friday, Jihyo-ya.”, Jongkook gives in as he doesn’t want to burden Jihyo.

 

             “Aniya, oppa. I will come. See you tonight, okay?”, Jihyo informs.

 

             “Arasseo, Songttenham.”, Jongkook smiles broadly. 

 

             Jihyo ends up the call and wonder why Jongkook eagerly wants to meet her today. Does he miss her that much? He even has some shoots this week. Jihyo thinking while zoning out as she looks forward and keeps her phone.

 

             “Unnie!”, Hyemin calls Jihyo, breaking her thoughts.

 

             “Eo.”, Jihyo gasps.

 

             “Look at this.”, Hyemin shows a picture of Jihyo that she took earlier with her phone as Jihyo zoning out. “You look pretty and stylish here.”, Hyemin smiles.

 

             “Eo? I look fine.”, Jihyo smiles.

 

             “Keutji? I will send it to you later.”, Hyemin says.

 

             “Gomawo.”, Jihyo smiles in satisfaction. She can use that photo to post it in her Instagram later she thinks.

 

 

“Oppa?”, Jihyo calls Jongkook as soon as she enters Jongkook’s apartment and witness Jongkook is sitting on his favorite couch.

 

             “Jihyo.”, Jongkook smiles broadly. 

 

             “Eo, oppa.”, Jihyo greets back as soon as she put japchae and mandu on the table kitchen. “Are you sick? Gwenchana? Why you want to meet me?”, Jihyo asks in worry. She sits on Jongkook’s lap and touching Jongkook’s forehead to feel his heat. “Gwenchaneunde.”, Jihyo tilts her head.

 

             “Eo. Na gwenchana, Songttenham.”, Jongkook smiles.

 

             “Keureom wae? Why you asked me to sleep here tonight?”, Jihyo asks in puzzle.

 

             “Why are you asking that? Of course I miss you.”, Jongkook says while hugging Jihyo with a smile. His hands wonder on Jihyo’s body as he feels Jihyo’s milky skin.

 

             “Eo? You just want my body?”, Jihyo pouts while brushing off Jongkook’s hands.

 

             “Ani. Just wondering. Your y outfit today. Na johaneunde.”, Jongkook blushes as he stares at Jihyo’s outfit. She is wearing a see through outfit; an Italian net long sleeve knit in cream with a black short leather pants.

 

             “Ya! Neo! Mwoya?”, Jihyo blushes as she stutters.

 

             “Why are you blushing?”, Jongkook chuckles.

 

             “Ani. You just want to see me because of my outfit?”, Jihyo tilts her in head in confusion.

 

             “You’re y, Song Jihyo.”, Jongkook giggles as he stares at Jihyo’s outfit, that her black bra is visible.

 

             “Ya! Stop staring Kim Jongkook!”, Jihyo crosses her arms as if she feels threaten by the tiger in front of her who wants to eat her right now.

 

             “You’re cute, Jihyo. What did you bring?”, Jongkook asks while peeking at the plastics that Jihyo brought.

 

             “Japchae and mandu. You want to eat now? Palli meogja.”, Jihyo says as she stands up.

 

             “Ani. I want to eat you right now.”, Jongkook says while holding Jihyo’s hand with a cheeky smile.

 

             “Ya Kim Jongkook!”.

 

 

Jihyo takes her shower after having her lunch with her family. She puts on her Graffiti Grunge top blue and her short jeans for her outfit of that day. She is excited to have a date with Jongkook after this, though they met yesterday too, soon after his shooting. Just a simple date to watch a sunset at rooftop worth enough.

 

             Jihyo quickly walks out from her house and grab her car key while putting on her dunk high deep royal blue Nike shoes. She starts the car engine and instantly goes to Gangnam to pick up Jongkook. 

 

             On the highway, the car stop all of a sudden. Jihyo looks up only to find hundreds of cars in front of her, the busiest traffic jam as always. These days of well moving traffic in the city centre have become more normal. The air is sweeted, the birds audible and a slower pace has settled in the city-souls.

 

             “Ahhhh mwoya.”, Jihyo sighs as she slams the steering wheel. Though she goes early to pick up Jong before the worse traffic jam at rush hour, she has to face the light traffic jam too. She waits patiently and sing to a song from the radio. Fortunately, Jongkook’s voice soothes her and calm her down as the radio playing I Luv U song. Her boyfriend’s song indeed.

 

             “You the one. You the one. You are the one, ‘I Luv U’.”, Jihyo sings along to Jongkook’s song with a wide smile. As time goes by, Jihyo has passes by the light traffic and arrives at the gym while waiting for Jongkook in the car.

 

             “Cheon Sooyeon.”, Jongkook greets her as soon as he enters the car. With a broad smile.

 

             “Oppa.”, Jihyo smiles.

 

             “Mian. Waiting for me for so long.”, Jongkook apologizes while fastening his belt.

 

             “Aniya. I just arrived, oppa. I face a traffic jam earlier.”, Jihyo pouts while looking at Jongkook. Probably complaining. 

 

             “Jinjja? It’s rush hour. Mian for asking you to pick me up.”, Jongkook rubs her cheek.

 

             “Aniya. I wanted to. I want to watch the sunset, remember?”, Jihyo smiles.

 

             “Keurae. Rooftop?”, Jongkook predicts with a smile.

 

             “Eo.”, Jihyo grins.   

 

             “Chulbal.”, Jongkook utters.

 

             They arrive at the rooftop that they usually go to. As usual, Jongkook and Jihyo ask the management of the building to close the rooftop as they want to have a date and rent it for a half day, though they won’t be spending a half day there. 

 

             “Joha!”, Jihyo exclaims while taking off her mask.

 

             “Nado.”, Jongkook agrees.

 

             After taking some pictures, Jongkook and Jihyo sit on the bench while looking at the sky. Waiting for the sunset to come for few minutes. 

 

             “Jihyo.”, Jongkook calls Jihyo and rests his head on Jihyo’s shoulder.

 

             “Wae, Gym Jongkook?”, Jihyo chuckles as she ruffles Jongkook’s hair.

 

             “I want to stay with you like this forever.”, Jongkook utters.

 

             “Like this? My shoulder goes numb.”, Jihyo jokes.

 

             “I mean, I want to stay by your side forever Cheon Sooyeon.”, Jongkook informs to the puzzle Jihyo though Jihyo understands what he means.

 

             “I will. Only if you stay by my side too. Forever.”, Jihyo says and rest her head on Jongkook’s head. 

 

             “I won’t leave you no matter what.”, Jongkook promises. 

 

             “Nado.”, Jihyo smiles.

 

             The sky is spread in front or their eyes. They couldn’t help but rest and stare. There is a lot of pinkish imaginary colors and purple is hiding behind. There is also a grey, yet it is so calm. The color is soft, just like a woman. Some white clouds try to ruminate who they are. The sun is shining so confidently as if it wouldn’t go away. They couldn’t feel its warmth yet it glared hope. The radiant is beautiful. The sunset is indeed beautiful that day.

 

             “Yeppeo.”, Jihyo smiles.

 

             “Compare to yesterday.”, Jongkook utters as he remembers the sunset they witness yesterday at Han River is not as beautiful as this one since yesterday was a bit cloudy. The sunset was shy to show up. 

 

             “Eo.”, Jihyo agrees.

 

             Jongkook instantly gets up from Jihyo’s shoulder and stares at her. She Jihyo’s cheek and fondly look at her affectionately.              

 

             “Nado yeppeo?”, Jihyo predicts as she aware Jongkook is her cheek while staring at her lovingly.

 

             “Eo.”, Jongkook smiles. “Saranghae Cheon Sooyeon.”, Jongkook utters as he slips his arms around her waist and nuzzled her neck with his nose before kissing her repeatedly up to her ear. 

 

             “Nado saranghae, Kim Jongkook.”, Jihyo says between their kisses as the sunset witness them.

 

 

Jongkook and Jihyo lying down on the couch while watching Somin’s movie, 2037. It is a human drama film that takes place among female inmates, depicts the story of adults who want to give hope to the hard-to-believe reality that happened to a 19-year-old girl. 

 

             Somin character is the last adultery inmate before the abolition of adultery named Jang Mi. She really portrayed her character well that Jihyo can’t doubt her talents. “Jeon Somin.”, Jihyo chuckles as she watches Somin.

 

             “She suits well with that outfit.”, Jongkook giggles and refer Somin’s outfit as her prison outfit.

 

             “Oppa, you are being too harsh to Somin.”, Jihyo pouts and hit Jongkook’s hand lightly.

 

             “I’m just kidding. I mean, she is good while playing her role.”, Jongkook covers.

 

             “She is. She is an actress, oppa.”, Jihyo emphasizes.

 

             “Eo.”, Jongkook admits.

 

             “Oppa, Hong Yeji!”, Jihyo points at Hong Yeji on the screen, the girl that Jongkook used to hug at Runningman’s shooting before. The situation that made them fought for days.

 

             “Ya!”, Jongkook smiles disappear. 

 

             “Why are you getting mad?”, Jihyo challenges.

 

             “Hajima, Song Jihyo.”, Jongkook says fiercely while frowning.

 

             “I think I’m the one who should get mad. Not you.”, Jihyo says in dissatisfaction.

 

             “So this is how it feels to date with a Blood A type woman for 4 years.”, Jongkook utters while raising his eyebrows.

 

             “Wae? Why with a blood A type woman?”, Jihyo asks while glaring at Jongkook.

 

             “You always get mad for something in the past.”, Jongkook stating a fact.

 

             “Na aniya!”, Jihyo denies.

 

             “Remember the Hades episode?”, Jongkook reminds Jihyo. Jihyo was seriously upset at Jongkook at that time to his betrayal.

 

             “I will never forget that one.”, Jihyo crosses her arms while looking at Jongkook straight in the eyes.

 

             “Look.”, Jongkook chuckles as he points at Jihyo who is mad about his betrayal 3 years ago.

 

             “I hate you.”, Jihyo pushes Jongkook to distance herself from Jongkook.

 

             “I love you.”, Jongkook grabs Jihyo to cup her cheek.

 

             Jihyo’s phone ringing break their conversations as Jihyo gets up to take her calls. It’s Seongkyung.

 

             “Unnie!”, Soengkyung calls Jihyo.

 

             “Eo, wae?”, Jihyo asks.

 

             “Hotteok. I think she’s sick.”, Seongkyung informs.

 

             “Uri gongju ga? Wae?!”, Jihyo panic upon hearing her dog is sick. She immediately stands up to grab her car key. 

 

             “I think it’s something about her dental. She got a bad breath, unnie.”, Seongkyung says.

 

             “Arasseo. I’m coming. I’ll bring her to vet soon.”, Jihyo says and ends up her call. “Oppa, I have to go.”, Jihyo says in a rush.

 

             “Uri gongju ga wae? Appaseo?”, Jongkook asks as he is nervous too. His daughter.

 

             “Eo. I have to go, oppa. Mian. I’ll take your car, eo?”, Jihyo asks and quickly goes away.

 

             “You can’t drive like this. I’ll drive. Kaja.”, Jongkook says as he grabs Jihyo’s hand.

 

 

“Oral infections are actually the most common dog disease and tend to become an issue in dogs as she’s growing up. Tartar and gingivitis are among the most common oral issues while the more severe periodontal diseases, such as abscesses tend to occur more often in older dogs in the later stages of their life.”, the veterinary explains.

 

             “Uri gongju gwenchana, sonsaengnim?”, Jihyo asks in worry as she hugs Hotteok.

 

             “Ne, gwenchana. She has a bad breath which means it is one of the symptoms.”, the veterinary says.

 

             “What are the other symptoms, sonsaengnim?”, Jihyo asks again.

 

             “Loosing teeth, changes in appetite, drooling, bad temper, discolored teeth and gums and others. Hajiman, gwenchana. It’s common for dogs.”, the veterinary assures to Hotteok’s mother.

 

             “What are the treatments, sonsaengnim?”, Jongkook turns to ask.

 

             “As well as teeth cleaning, extractions and sometimes even a root canal is needed. But for Hotteok, as she is groomed regularly, you can ask your groomer to clean his teeth as well.”, the veterinary smiles.

 

             “Arasseoyo, sonsangnim. Kamsahamnida.”, Jihyo bows to the veterinary she used to see to bring Hotteok, accompany by Jongkook. So, the veterinary knows about them.

 

       Kamsahamnida.”, Jongkook also thanks.

 

             “Uri gongju.”, Jihyo kisses Hotteok as they enter the car.

 

             “Aigoo, uri gongji is growing up well. She even has a dental problem.”, Jongkook talks to Hotteok too.

 

             “Oppa, ottoke? I can’t sleep at your home since gongjunim is sick.”, Jihyo pouts in sullen. She wants to spend time with Jongkook but she is worry about her daughter too.

 

             “Gwenchana. Our daughter is sick. Her omma should take care of her.”, Jongkook chuckles in understanding.

 

             “Keunyang omma? Her appa neun? You don’t love her?”, Jihyo pouts again. 

 

             “Aniya. Keureom I love her. What can I do since she lives with you? At least I brought her to a vet every time, taking a walk with her and loves her and her mother.”, Jongkook giggles while looking at Jihyo as he pats Jihyo’s head.

 

             “Do you want to sleep at my house?”, Jihyo offers bring Jongkook in surprise. He did sleep at Jihyo’s house before but when they are just alone and when her family is at Pohang. So, it’s surprising that Jihyo offers him to sleep at her house since her family is there.

 

             “Hajiman, your fami

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter