Chapter 2 — Be on His side

As You take Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



"King Sehun, I would like you to meet my youngest son" King Lu slight push Prince in front of him to show him to the stoic King of Amani Empire. "Prince Han" Prince Han clutched his fist enduring and trying his best not to react even deep inside he is still confused. He never have imagined that he will meet the King of Amani today, ever since he woke up this morning all he could think of is too help the villagers and take care of Mei. For the Prince this is a moment he never imagined in his very existence. "He is willing to be your servant for the rest of his life. He sworn loyalty to you and to the Amani Empire.” the King said even Prince Han is so against it but all he copould do is swallow all his emotions.
 

“Is that true?” King Sehun asked with a pleasant voice but it still made the poor Prince startled and immediately look up. Prince Han made an eye contact with the King of Amani, his beautiful brown eyes looked at him intensely as if he is asking him to say only nothing but the truth which Prince Han felt. He wanted to say he didn’t like this arrangements, he wanted to say that he was being forced but everytime he thought about it the face of his father is flashing in his head. He knows if he disobey what his Father wanted him to do his whole family will look at him useless and he worst they will hated by all of them which he didn't like to happen. Even they are mean to him he is still wanted to be part of a family, he always wanted a family. He wanted to stay in the Empire that his mother build. He wanted to stay where he belongs. 

“Ye-yes my King” Prince Han said but a tear fell in his right eye so he immediately kneel before the King to escape from getting caught by the King's gaze. “I’ll b-be loyal to you and your Empire, I’ll give my heart and soul for you my King.” Those are the assuring words that is being said whenever someone is giving their sincere loyalty to an Empire. Words that Prince Han never thought he would say to an Empire he never wanted to be.

“hmm" the King if Amani hummed and softly smile. "I think the Prince is not ready to go, King Lu—“

“No! he is!" King Lu interrupted the King of Amani to stop whatever the King is thinking. "Gi-give us a moment!” King Lu fashed a nervous smile at King Sehun then he harshly drag Prince Han by his arm, they quickly went to the hallway outside the banquet hall where no one could see and hear them talk.

“Han! what in the world are you doing! we are doing business with the other Empire! don’t messed this up! I’m so disappointed!” King Lu harshly whispered to not be heard but every word he is saying is giving Prince a chilling feeling as he know his father is really mad and disappointed at him.

But the Prince still tried to calm down and collected all his courage to atleast give his side feelings.
“bu-but Father, I don’t want to"

“you have to!” King Hinz cut him off. “because the Empire needed this Empire to save our asses. The people giving less tax, we have so many debts from other officials" King Lu is only enumarating the debt he is aware of but it already pissing him off. "We can’t afford feeding this Empire anymore—"

“but it’s your fault!” Prince Han exclaimed bravely at the same his heart beating so fast with anger. He can’t take being cut off whenever he speak anymore, he wanted to say what he wanted to say. “You are greedy and uncontrollable with your gamblings! IT’S YOUR FAULT WHY THE EMPIRE IS FALLING APART! Father your a KING, A KING—“ Prince Han stop rambling as a hard slap strike on his cheeks that made him look on the ground. His heartbeat stop for a second then the pain is slowly spreading on his cheeks down to his heart, the blazing heart he had earlier disappeared in an instant.

“don’t lecture me like your mother! I ing despise that!” King Lu angrily said while pointing his finger at the Prince’s face. “fix yourself, be good to the King. Serve him and give all your life to him from now on! Understand?” The King left while Prince Han is still in pain in so many places, his cheeks, his soul and his heart.

 

 

When Prince Han cameback the seal of agreement started, as a symbol of loyalty and trust one of the Lumos Empire’s finest people should serve the Amani Empire and vice versa. Prince Han was chosen to make the seal stronger because he is young and a Prince; the highest trade an Empire could give. The two Kings stamp their official seal on the paper that signifies the trading has been declared and Prince Han is now an official servant of King Oh Sehun XCIV. And with that, the banquet comes to an end they all bid their goodbyes except for Prince Han who stayed inside a carriage with the other servants, his Father didn’t even gave him a farewell speech or even a single look. He felt like he was tossed like a useless trash that definitely break his heart for the hundredth time.

“so, you are a Prince!” a servant beside the Prince asked then the carriage started moving. Prince Han knows he is talking to him but he choose to stayed silent as he don’t know how to level his enthusiasm.

“obviously Baek! He is a Prince! Yah! what’s your name?” another servant asked enthusiastically but compare to the first one he is a bit bold and Prince Han admit he is a bit scared.

“Lu Han” Prince Han introduced himself and tried his best to get along with them just to not get himself in trouble in his first day being a servant. He knows he is a new to their circle that is prone to get picked on.

“such a cute name!" the third servant excitedly exclaimed. "ah by the way my name is Kim Minseok, you can call me Min!” Min introduced himself then he lend his hand to the Prince that the Prince accepted. He felt relief he didn't sense any danger in Min and he think that they could get a long. Or maybe they are all nice and I'm just being paranoid.

 

“And I’m Byun Baekhyun! sorry if I startled you earlier, I’m just excited with new faces.” he laughed that made Prince Han s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter