Chapter 35 — Inside His Arms

As You take Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“there’s no more information coming from Baekhyun, Your Highness” Vyzla said while all the King’s are having another meeting about their battle plan. 

 

Prince Han came inside the tent as well to take a look with their battle plan but he didn’t expect that a bad news came as soon as he come in.“It’s almost two days—”

 

 

 

“Let’s not hurry them, probably they are taking safety precautions to not get caught. Let’s wait.” King Sehun said.

 

Prince Han nod and trusted the King’s assuring words. He tap on Vyzla’s shoulder that ease Vyzla’s worry. “They are fine, don’t worry” Prince Han said to Vyzla who just nod and smile at the Prince.

 

King Jongin was assigned to train more people who just came to join their forces, they came from different small villages and some of them are from Lumos Empire. They are so grateful for their bravery and loyalty to their Empire even their King already turn their back at them.

 

King Chanyeol on the other hand is assigned to roam around the forest between the boarder of Lumos and Amani Empire. He started his patrol after their breakfast that Prince Han made for them that gives him more energy to do his work.

 

King Chanyeol patrol in different corner of the forest while riding his horse. He vigilantly travel a trail going to the boarder wall that separates the two Empire. He continue his journey by following the wall until he reached the only way where people can crossed the Empire and King Chanyeol didn’t expect to see a man sitting under a tree and he guess the man is sleeping.

 

King Chanyeol felt no threat in him but that didn’t gave him a reason to let his guard down.

“WHO ARE YOU!” King Chanyeol screamed then he draw out his sword and pointed it to the man who got startled. “STAND UP AND RAISE YOUR HAND!” King Chanyeol added.

 

The man slowing stand up then he raised his hand like what King Chanyeol wanted.

“wait? I know you!” King Chanyeol shoved back his sword to the scabbard then he get off of his horse. “you are Baekhyun right?“

 

 

Baekhyun nod and he felt like crying when he saw King Chanyeol. He don’t know but he felt safe around him especially now that he feel his life is in a tight rope because of what Zulius told him to do. 

 

Just stepping foot where the King is feels like betraying him already but what can he do if he didn’t do what Zulius told him all the servants will die. And that’s because of me.

 

King Chanyeol placed his hand over Baekhyun’s shoulder that startled the servant and step back.

“oh, I’m sorry I didn’t mean to scare you” King Chanyeol immediately apologized. He can’t avoid not to get worry when Baekhyun is looking at him with fear in his eyes.

 

“I—I’m sorry… Your Highness… I… I sneak out of the palace and…” Baekhyun can’t stop himself from stuttering and his hands are shaking. He is not used to lying to people, his heart is heavy with all the lies that he is about to say to the King. Can I still do this? But Min, Dae and all the servants they are in danger?

 

It’s because of me!

I’m killing them!

I killed them!

It’s my fault!

 

Baekhyun’s thoughts all stop when a warm hug embraced him and by that his tears burst that startled King Chanyeol. He hugged him as he felt discomfort and threat in his eyes. He can’t help himself to feel responsible for making him feel scared.

 

“you did a good job, we are here. You are safe here.” King Chanyeol said that only made Baekhyun cry even more. He cried all his fears and worry, all the tears he endure from the past days are now shamefully painting the King’s clothes. Baekhyun took the chance to hugged the King back while saying bunch of ‘sorry’ in his head.

 

King Chanyeol catched all the servants cry until he calm down and was able to smile at him again. King Chanyeol let go from the hug to wipe some tears from the servant’s reddish cheeks, he pulled out a handkerchief to wipe more tears.

 

King Chanyeol can’t help himself to laugh while watching the servant’s cute sniffles. He remember his sister when they were kids, he stop smiling then slapped himself in his head for smiling when Baekhyun is literally crying in fear.

 

“thank you, your highness but… can i borrow your handkerchief I want to blow my nose” King Chanyeol laugh once again and gave the handkerchief then he turn his back to give Baekhyun some privacy to blow his nose. “Thank you, your highness. I’ll keep it f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter