Chapter 5 — Echo

As You take Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a two weeks since the King and his soldiers left and Prince Han wonder if they are fine. He changed his clothes into his nightgown, he untie his hair and let it all down then he lie down on his bed. He prayed for the King and everyone’s safety. He even prayed to the souls to be at ease if ever someone died during the hunt. After a long prayer he fell asleep.

 

Then the next day when Prince Han woke up he recieved a notice from Vyzla that he needs to clean the storage room at the North side of the Palace.

 

Prince Han quickly ate his breakfast then he walk to the North side of the palace. It’s the most quiet place in the palace and usually horses and carriages with damage are in this side so Prince Han wonder why Vyzla asked him to clean the storage.

 

But he thought maybe they need a space for the equipments coming from the recent hunt so he set aside the thought and follow the task.

“I should also remember never question Vyzla” he chuckled then he continue walking until he can no longer see the palace because of how thick the fog in the area and it’s a bit far but although it’s far he can still see the King’s upper window that somehow put his at ease.

 

He entered the old storage house and there’s only a space for him inside. He tried to analyze the place on how to make it spacious when he suddenly heard footsteps coming from behind him. He look back but it’s too late when the metal storage door shut close and darkness surrounded him.

 

He tried to push it open but it won’t even move a single inch. He remember the door is already open when he came so he didn’t get the chance to open it and he didn’t expect that it would be this heavy.

 

He definitely heard footsteps earlier and by that he realized someone might have locked him purposely.

 

 

“The King has arrived!” the Royal announcer shouted on his megaphone upon entering the palace’s gate.

 

Many people have came to congratulate the King’s journey and wish him a good rest so the King gave them a warm smile before entering the door of his palace.

 

“Vyzla, where is the Prince?” King Sehun immediately asked that surprised Vyzla and the other servants who greeted the King. It was an unusual for the King to ask someone upon arrival, it is yet another new thing for them.

 

King Sehun wonder it took Vyzla so long to answer so he look back him but it only gave him a bow to apologize.

 

“He is gone, Sir.” King Sehun felt there’s a lump in his throat as he heard the such news that he didn’t expect that it would happen. He took a deep breath then he look at Vyzla again. “He left this letter in his quarters. The last time I saw him was yesterday and since then he never show up so I check on his quarters then I saw this on his table.” King Sehun look at the letter and it said he left because he can’t take all the chores in the palace.

 

King Sehun didn’t bought the excuse in the letter. And the handwriting doesn’t match to what he expected Prince Han’s handwriting.

 

“Have you asked the three servants he is always with?”

 

“yes sir but even them they don’t know where he had been. I also checked his things all of them are gone.” Vyzla explained while they are walking to the King’s room.

 

King Sehun sighed and asked Vyzla to leave him alone for the day. He lay down on his bed not even minding changing his clothes. He had so many things in mind and now Prince Han is missing that exhaust him even more. He wonder is he really ran away.

 

“ugh why now when I need you the most” King Sehun admit he missed Prince Han. It’s not a long time ago since he took him in the palace and yet he already took a big part in his heart but he wonder why he couldn’t keep him by his side. It frustrates him.

 

“He-help please” King Sehun rose from his bed as he heard a faint voice. He tried to listen again but it didn’t happen. His heart suddenly beat so fast as he thought about hearing Prince Han from the faint voice.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter