One Will Surely Get Hurt

One Snowy Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, so here is the new chapter

sorry for the mistake in my writing.

enjoy!

PUBLISHED: 12 APRIL 2022

EDITED : 3 NOVEMBER 2023

 

 

Pacing in the hallway of their house, Seulgi was asked to stay outside by Joohyun. She objected to it, she wants to know what is going on. Joohyun doesn’t want her to be inside the room when the doctor and nurse visit.

It was her family’s doctor. Seulgi doesn’t know who else to call. She can’t call Seungwan.

It's been two days already, but Joohyun doesn’t show any recovery signs. Her wife lost 2 kg within two days, she couldn't help but be bothered about it.

Joohyun refused to eat a heavy meal. She drank milk, chocolate, and three spoons of porridge within two days. Seulgi wants to call Yerim and ask for help since her wife is stubborn about eating. But she can't let Yerim know, the young girl will be worried.

 

‘Her chart is now close to normal –

‘Can I know the details?’ Seulgi urged him, she doesn’t have any patience. She wanted to know her wife's condition.

The doctor glanced at the nurse beside her before facing Seulgi. ‘I’m afraid I can’t-

‘Why??’ Seulgi snapped.

‘Mrs. Kang, your wife asked me to keep everything confidential.’

She turned sideways, letting out a frustrating sigh.

‘I’ll provide her IV drips, it's to give her nutrients since –

‘I know what it is for. Just …’ She raked her finger through her hair and asked, ‘Will she be okay?’

‘She doesn’t show any sign of collapse, if you wonder about that, she just needs to avoid any heavy activity, and please keep her away from stress, it's really bad for her heart.’

 

Seulgi wipes Joohyun's arms with a wet cloth, a warm one. Joohyun couldn’t shower, she couldn't get up, not when her temperature is 39 degrees.

Seulgi is scared, she witnesses her wife vomiting every thirty minutes. It's hard for her to watch, so she cannot imagine how hard it is for Joohyun, who doesn’t eat anything. Throwing up on an empty stomach hurts. It drained her.

‘You give me quite a scare here, Joohyun.’ She muttered, wiping Joohyun's right foot now. ‘I need you to be healthy again, Joohyun.’ Seulgi lowers her head, feeling overwhelmed with the situation Joohyun is in right now. ‘Please Joohyun.’

 

She needed to use the bathroom, and Seulgi wanted to assist her. 'It's okay,’ Joohyun assured Seulgi.

‘I’ll take you there,’ Seulgi said, leaving no room for Joohyun to protest. She scoops her wife carefully and reminds herself that Joohyun is much more fragile than before.

‘I wait outside.’

Joohyun nodded, feeling grateful that Seulgi was here by her side. She thought Seulgi was going to abandon her. Not everyone has the patience to take care of a burden like her.

 

Seulgi ate her dinner on Joohyun's bed, she fed her wife at the same time. Sharing the cutlery.

It takes a lot of work while she takes care of her wife, but … Seulgi realises how the constant pressures when she is with her family, when she stays at work... or when she was with Seungwan lately, she felt free from it.

A rare feeling of peace that she felt that night after her parent visit emerged in the back of her mind. How Joohyun dealt with her at that time brought her some peace.

Seulgi has done most of her work and her wife's tasks using Joohyun's study space in her bedroom. Seulgi made sure to update Joohyun about her task, taking note of Joohyun's opinion since she promised to personally train Joohyun about business.

There was a time when Joohyun vomited all over the paper. She felt guilty and cowered a little, but Seulgi didn’t mind it. Instead, she helps Joohyun, holding the woman's hair up and gently her back.

‘It’s okay, I’ll ask Ms. Kim to print it again.’

She feels a great sense of relief at that comfort word. Joohyun saw a new side of Seulgi while she was bedridden for a few days. Her wife is not a heartless person. Part of Joohyun wants to figure out what makes Seulgi this way… Joohyun is so sure the arrangement of marriage is not the sole reason why her wife has acted coldly towards her since the very first day.

Seulgi called her a burden, yet she stayed.

 

‘You can leave, I’m all okay now.’

Three weeks have passed, Joohyun no longer needs IV drips, she is not completely okay, but at least the fever is gone. All it left was her weak heart and those symptoms. Rapid breathing and continuous fatigue. She got her appetite back. Only for dessert, which is not healthy, but Seulgi doesn’t try to stop Joohyun, at least Joohyun is eating.

Joohyun feels grateful that Seulgi took care of her and did not bring back the topic where she cried that night.

It’s a silent agreement between them. To not talk over heavy topics. But there is no need for Seulgi to stay here all the time.

While her wife was studying a document next to her, Seulgi ignored what she was saying. She must have caused some issues when she was ill. She knows Seulgi take over the burden of her duties.

A burden

That phrase crossed her mind, and her heart squeezed in pain. No matter how hard she tries to be independent, she still remains a burden.

 

….

 

'Where are we going?’ she asked when Seulgi took a different route today. She is free from a fever and her symptoms. It took her a month to be back at the office.

‘Uh’ scratching her jaw, ‘there is somewhere I want to take you’ Seulgi speaks without looking at Joohyun.

 

It’s the cemetery. She studies Seulgi's face, which shows zero emotion, yet her features are soft and pleasant.

‘let’s go.’ Seulgi took her hand and gave Joohyun a light squeeze before she led the way.

Joohyun knew where this path led to, a very familiar path to her. Seulgi brought her to her mother's grave. It feels like her symptom is back because her heart has started to beat twice as fast.

Seulgi's thumbs constantly run on Joohyun's knuckles as they walk, hoping it will somehow give some strength to Joohyun. She can feel that Joohyun's step is heavy. Seulgi is basically dragging her wife here.

 

‘Mother,’ Seulgi placed the white carnation, it’s her late mother-in-law's favourite flower. ‘Sorry it takes some time for us to visit you again.' Seulgi bows, paying respect, and Joohyun follows right away.

Joohyun couldn’t lift her head. keep her head down, and Joohyun doesn’t say a word. She pressed her lips tight, afraid that if she opened them, a loud bawling would fill the spaces.

A soft pat on her back is all it takes for her damn to break. Naturally, she leans towards the person next to her, which is Seulgi.

Seulgi just let Joohyun be, she doesn’t care about the dampness in her right shoulder due to Joohyun crying.

 

They have been standing there for fifteen minutes already, and it was Seulgi who spoke first. like she is talking to her late mother-in-law. She was talking about some random stuff, making jokes about Joohyun being a stubborn one in between them, and once she was done, she noticed how Joohyun's hands were shaking.

Seulgi's forced joke doesn’t work on Joohyun. She thought at least she could make her wife smile, even faintly. She still has tears in her eyes, so Seulgi decided to give Joohyun some space.

‘I’ll wait over there.’

Five steps away from Joohyun, she heard the woman crying again. Part of her wants to stay by Joohyun's side, but Seulgi knows Joohyun needs to be alone, so she drags her feet away from it.

 

‘Thank you.’ Joohyun's voice i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter