Is It Impossible For Us

One Snowy Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, here a new chapter

sorry if there a mistake in my writing

enjoy

 

 

Kang was drawn to the door when there was a knock on it. With a stiff smile, Joohyun emerges behind a door. ‘Mrs. Kang asked me to fetch all of you,’ she says, her tone flat since she’s only now concentrating on Seulgi.

Joohyun is aware that Seulgi, her ex-wife, is drowning in this room that is filled with air rather than water.

As soon as their eyes met, ‘Dinner is ready.’ She smiled broadly and pressed her lips a little more, hoping it would give Seulgi some comfort, before turning away and shutting the door.

Even though the interaction with Joohyun was brief, Seulgi felt a wave of confidence pass through her. She turns to face her father, square-shouldered, her head lowered slightly to project a powerful image as she relaxes her facial features.

Eyes on his father now.

‘We'll work it out on our own.’ Seulgi stated it grimly, ‘our future,’ Seulgi pushes the chair, it screeches as she gets up from the chair. "It is not necessary for you to get involved." Seulgi then pivots her ankle and leaves her father's study.

Despite looking all calm, Seulgi is trembling inside, yet she endures it. Chanting the name of Joohyun and constantly reminding herself that Joohyun believes in her and is by her side

 

 

Jiyoung just stared at his father's dark face, it was obvious anger and a slight humiliation on that face. He was the head of the family of Kang, yet the youngest in the family talked back to him straight in the face.

‘It’s time for you to let us go’ Jiyoung mutters under his breath, ‘You might be able to control me, but not Seulgi’

‘Shut it!’ Mr. Kang growled.

‘It’s no use now, dad,’ Jiyoung pressed his tone when he called his father dad. ‘Me too, not going to let you arrange my daughter's life. I want my daughter to have the life that they want.’

‘a life that a kid wants is just going to destroy them in the future.’

‘We both know that’s not the truth.’ Jiyoung countered. He is now standing up, ready to leave. ‘If you try to force your belief on me and Seulgi again, you might lose everything.’

 

Despite the unpleasant dinnertime, Jiyoung's daughters managed to make it enjoyable by using their silly, innocent vibes.  

A short conversation was exchanged between adults. Joohyun is busy helping Seulgi since her ex-wife's right hand still has a cast on it. The shorter one ignores the stare from everyone on the table as she feeds Seulgi.

It was embarrassing to show this side of them in front of Seulgi family. Joohyun hopes her face is not as red as her ears.

Maybe her face flushed more now. But because of anger this time,

‘You endured much with my flawed daughter’ Mr. Kang's remark left everyone stunned.

Feeling ashamed of her husband, Seulgi's mother lowers her head and asks him to let the family eat dinner in silence.

‘Everyone has flaws.’ Even though Joohyun's voice was inaudible, her courage to respond to others in the room made a few of them shudder.

She is upset because, while her parents are still alive, Joohyun has never heard them say anything negative or some kind of discouragement towards her and Yerim.

Witnessing Seulgi’s father voice out his cold judgement to her own biological daughter left Joohyun in disbelief.

Joohyun wanted to continue, but a hand on her thigh made her stop and forced her to end it with a flat smile to Seulgi’s father.

 

Leaning against the headboard, sitting on Seulgi's old bed. As she waits for Seulgi to take a shower, she decides to look through the photo album one more time.

Looking through an album of Seulgi's early and adolescent years always makes Joohyun's heart feel hollow.

A sound of bathroom door swings open make Joohyun raised her head to look at her ex-wife, looking fresh after shower.

Closing the album of Seulgi's childhood photo, ‘you have a very chubby cheeks, what happened to them?’ she asked with a warm smile. Little Seulgi has a very chubby cheek, which makes her feel like squeezing it.

Seulgi answers it with a light chuckle while running her finger through her hair.

Getting comfortable under the sheet, Seulgi's arm is naturally wrapped around Joohyun's torso now, keeping her close as they lean against the headboard.

Eyes on each other, lost in each other's souls.

Memories of Joohyun playing with her nieces resurface in her mind. The question lines up in her head, whether she is capable of being a parent or not, or whether she is able to build a family with Joohyun, will Joohyun accept her bloodline.

Joohyun just witnessed how her family was during the dinner, will her ex-wife still want to be with her after this.

Is she thinking way too far ahead when she and Joohyun are just getting started?

‘Am I that pretty?’ Joohyun teased Seulgi for still looking at her without blinking. She isn’t sure where she got the strength to do that, but Joohyun is sure her ears are covered in crimson colour now.

Seulgi's tight lips broke into a toothy smile, and a light chuckle escaped her lips. ‘Pretty is way too underrated for your beauty.’

A warm feeling spread across her body, and butterflies started to spread their wings in Joohyun's stomach due to Seulgi's statement. Her ex-wife surprises her each time they have a small talk.

Resting her palm on Joohyun's face, Seulgi caressed her ex-wife's face tenderly as her intense gaze bore into Joohyun's soul.

‘You have no idea… don’t you?’ Seulgi whispered, ‘I'm always in awe of your beauty.’

Joohyun darted her eyes away by turning her head to look at the plain wall, she couldn’t keep it with Seulgi's intense stare, but then Seulgi guided her head back to face her ex-wife.

‘You're beautiful in every way.’

This is too much for her, heart starts to race now. Joohyun knows she should be dancing in joy as Seulgi compliments her. She always craved Seulgi's attention during their marriage, but now that her ex-wife actually does that,

She doesn’t know how to react. It made her feel nervous yet thrilling at the same time. It feels like she is floating, a feeling that is dreamlike, and she could fall and wake up in horror in a blink of an eye.

‘wh – what did you talk with your dad?’ Joohyun changed the topic to save herself from fainting due to sweetness overload from Seulgi compliment. It was pretty obvious with how shaky her voice was while asking.

A slight smirk on her ex-wife's lips made Joohyun squint her eyes, a warning for Seulgi to not about this.

Part of her is so proud of how comfortable Seulgi is with her right now. To be able to joke around right this

Seulgi didn’t tell Joohyun the whole thing that happened in her father's study. She just told her ex-wife that they might need to take this further with the one who sent it since their demand is too much.

Seulgi didn’t even reveal to Joohyun who sent the threat. She doesn’t want Joohyun to be involved in her family scandal.

‘Why can’t I know about it?’ she grumbled.

‘It was sent to Kang, so it is sacred. Only Kang is allowed to know.’

Narrowed her eyes towards Seulgi, and Joohyun straightened her back as she turned her body to face Seulgi. ‘Can you make me a Kang?’

It would be an understatement to say that Seulgi is shocked by Joohyun's question. The CEO was so flabbergasted to be asked that question in a carefree way.

Seulgi is convinced that she was dead for a couple of seconds and then arose from the death just to make sure Joohyun really asked her that.

Seulgi searches Joohyun's eyes for anything to lead her to believe it was a joke, instead there is a flicker of panic rather than a humorous glimmer behind Joohyun's two pools of soul.

Seulgi wonders what it is that makes Joohyun have that tiny amount of fear in her ex-wife's soul. Is it her family, or is it herself.

They couldn’t continue the conversation because they were interrupted by a series of knocks on the door, followed by an apology from Seulgi's sister-in-law, and two little humans popping behind the door, looking at Joohyun.

‘They want Joohyun to read a bedtime story.’

An eager reaction came from her ex-wife as Seulgi watched the shorter one crawl to get off the bed and let her nieces hug each of those tall legs. Giggling filled the room when Joohyun bent over to ruffle their hairs.

‘Don’t give aunt Joohyun a hard time.’ Jiyoung wife warned her two princesses, trying her best not to let them climb on Joohyun like a monkey. ‘Don’t you want aunt Seulgi to tuck you in too?’

‘No’ they answered in unison, and Seulgi felt slightly offended by that.

Pretending to be upset, Seulgi crawled out of bed too, crossing her arm over her chest, and let out a loud hump! ‘No more Christmas presents for both of you,' she threatened.

‘What??’ Their faces were beyond flabbergasted. Again, they talk in unison, even though they are not twins. Letting go of Joohyun's legs, they attack Seulgi with a tight hug, clinging onto her as they try to act cute and telling her she can read them a bedtime story too.

It was obvious they were doing it for a Christmas present. Kids really can’t lie.

Copying what Joohyun did to her nieces, which is ruffling those silky hairs of her nieces. Seulgi promises to send them a Christmas gift for the upcoming year too.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter