Kang Vs Bae

One Snowy Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, here the new update

sorry if there a mistake in my writing

enjoyy!!

 

 

Severe cramping makes Joohyun don’t want to leave bed at all. The doctor didn’t joke when she warned Joohyun that the symptom would get worse.

She now cannot get up without Seulgi help at all, and it is just week nine of the pregnancy. It would be understandable if these symptoms happened in the third trimester, but she was still in the first one.

Joohyun's lower abdomen is gently covered with a heat pack wrapped in a towel by Seulgi. ‘Baby, is this okay?’

She chose to work from home today even though Joohyun had assured her everything would be fine.

‘You can remove the towel’ Joohyun stated, her voice sounded so weak, and Joohyun could see Seulgi's face frowning. ‘I'm fine’ she reassured the younger one for millions time.

‘You’re not fine baby’ Seulgi argued, ‘and the towel stay, if not your skin might burn’

At least seeing this side of Seulgi being so concerned about her makes Joohyun's heart swell, making her feel proud and grateful at the same time to be blessed with a kind and thoughtful partner in her life.

Patting the space beside her, ‘jagi lies down.’ And when Seulgi does, Joohyun takes the younger hand and wraps it around her body as she lies on her left side, facing her girlfriend. 'Jagi, hug me’ she demanded cutely.

Seriously, a pregnant Joohyun will be the death of Seulgi. That cuteness that Seulgi never saw in the past now happens so naturally while they are together.

Seulgi adjusted her position to make both of them comfortable and firmly embraced Joohyun in her arms.

‘wuuu’ Joohyun squeezed Seulgi's biceps. ‘Is this the result of morning workouts??’ she teased. Her stomach is cramping and it hurts like hell but she still wants to tease the younger one.

Seulgi cackled at Joohyun's antics, who would think Joohyun is good at teasing. Pulling her girlfriend up close so she can give a peck on Joohyun's button nose. ‘What’s with my baby today hmm? She doesn’t stop teasing me’

‘Because…’ Joohyun is rubbing her chin, acting like she needs to think hard for this one, staring at the ceiling, then her lips stretch into a wide smile, and she looks straight into Seulgi monolid eyes. 'Someone has been frowning all day’ she bopped Seulgi's nose.

Stunned by Joohyun pointing out her mood for today, Seulgi decided to look away for a moment before locking eyes with her girlfriend, who patiently waited for her response.

Seulgi admitted her mood has been sour since she opened her eyes for the day. It's just that there will be a day like this.. She does not know how to explain, but sometimes … she wants to stay in bed and isolate herself from the rest of the world.

She tried to mask it by acting busy and tending Joohyun, guess her girlfriend still notices her sour mood since they have been living together for quite a while now.

‘Nothing.’ she half lied, ‘I just feeling a bit blue today, we all have that day.’ She reasoned with her not so honest nothing. Seulgi doesn’t know who she is trying to convince that everything is fine here, is it to convince Joohyun or herself?

She knew it was a white lie but Joohyun decided not to push her girlfriend, she knows when Seulgi is ready to talk, the younger one will look for her. ‘I know’ she kissed Seulgi's jaw and rested her head on the younger shoulder.

Seulgi moved to lie on her back, making Joohyun the one hugging her right now. They engulfed in a silence, it was not an awkward silence. They never experience an awkward silence anymore … just a comfortable one.

Looking back at their relationship, how much they have come, Seulgi's eyes well up in tears as each memory runs through her mind.

She used to call Joohyun by her name and now she calls her a baby. Seulgi can't recall the last time she addressed Joohyun by name.

Blinking her tears away, ‘Joohyun’ she tested it on her tongue, she wanted to remember how Joohyun's name sounded with her voice. Her calm and deep voice.

Her sudden call makes Joohyun stare at her like she has another head growing.

‘Why are you calling me by my name?’ Joohyun asked, she sounded upset because Seulgi didn’t use their endearment.

Seulgi chuckled at how hard her girlfriend was frowning at her. ‘I just want to call your name,’ she pinched Joohyun's right cheek. ‘Don’t get upset baby’

Seulgi eyes still stare at the plain ceiling, while Joohyun eyes are glued to Seulgi's face. They fall into a moment of silence, only sound Joohyun hears right now is Seulgi's calm breathing and the younger heartbeat.

 

‘Remember our first night?’ Seulgi breaks the silence, her question takes both of them back to that time.

‘We had dinner with my parents too that night.’

Joohyun nodded, she doesn't want Seulgi to say anything about the following scene since it's embarrassing, and she can feel her cheeks heating up just thinking about that night.

Taking a deep breath ‘That night…’ she breathed out, ‘it was the first time I ever felt someone truly understand me’

‘I just, feel like you really needed me that night’ Joohyun explained the reason behind her action that sacred night. Her decision to stay by Seulgi's side and let Seulgi take her.

‘I did need you,’ Seulgi intertwined her hand with Joohyun's hand, which rested on her abdomen. ‘I feel like finally someone sees me as just Kang Seulgi, a human being.’ Again, Seulgi let out a long sigh while playing with Joohyun's fingers. ‘Not as an heir, not as a partner, but just Seulgi. A vulnerable Seulgi, just like everyone else … I have my sins, yet you sat by my side and offered me your comfort that night.’ Closing her eyes, Seulgi doesn’t want Joohyun to read her eyes as she says, ‘I want to stay that night –

‘Seulgi…’ Joohyun caress Seulgi abs, she noticed Seulgi got choked up in tears. ‘It’s all in the past, jagi, I have my fault too that night, hmm?’

Hiding her face by placing her arm over her eyes ‘It was your first Joohyun.’

‘shhh… jagi, let me be the one who has mood swings during pregnancy, okay?’ Joohyun joked, she tightened her grip on Seulgi's hand. suppressing her groan because it’s hurting as she pushes herself to sit on the bed just to have a proper look at Seulgi's face.

She takes Seulgi's hand away so she can wipe away Seulgi's tears. ‘Jagiya, why are you crying over that?’

Seulgi shook her head. ‘I don’t know, I just felt overwhelming.’ Freeing her hand from Joohyun's grasp, she placed it on Joohyun's tummy. ‘I never knew we gonna have a kid together baby, it felt like a dream to me’

Now Joohyun feels like crying too because Seulgi brought a dream into their conversation. Honestly, it never crossed her mind too that one day she would be expecting a child with Seulgi. A person never knows what is going to happen the next second in their life.

But Joohyun knows what will happen a split second later when she wraps her fingers around Seulgi's collars and leans down to kiss the younger one.

Pulling away, both of them are panting because of the passionate make out.

‘Told you’ Joohyun whispered, still catching her breath as she spoke, ‘Just kiss me, and I’ll make you forget about everything else but us.’ Now lying flat on her back, she is tired. It was just a make out, and Joohyun felt like dying here.

‘Baby’ Seulgi propped up her upper body to check up on Joohyun. ‘As much as I like the kiss, please mind your condition next time’ Seulgi chuckled when Joohyun was still panting, her girlfriend looks like she just finished a 40-kilometre marathon here.

‘Shut up!’ She shoved Seulgi away. How dare her girlfriend like that when all she was trying to do was console the younger one. ‘No more kisses for you!’ she grumbled, trying to turn around cooly but only ending up crying because of sudden shooting pain in her stomach.

‘careful’ Seulgi helps Joohyun find her comfort position, which is in Seulgi's arms. ‘Okay now?’

‘I hate you’ Joohyun muttered under her breath and Seulgi only responded by laughing and giving her forehead a peck.

 

….

 

Joohyun walked into their shared walk in closet and skipped over her wardrobe, and stopped right in front of Seulgi’s. She ran her finger through Seulgi hoodies one by one, thinking which one she needed to wear to go for a walk later.

She hasn’t worn her own clothes for weeks now, especially after Seulgi scent soothes her the most. It calms her raging hormones by inhaling Seulgi scent.

That was just an excuse, Seulgi clothes is so comfy. Now that is the truth why she ignored her closet.

Sometimes she skipped her and wore Seulgi’s brief. The younger one didn’t mind at first until Joohyun started to wear her favourite.

A small fight erupts with a very childish dialogue exchanged between the couple.

‘There is the new one too, why are you wearing my favourite colour?’

‘You didn’t wear it today, so let me!’

Seulgi huffed, frustratingly running her fingers through her hair. ‘That’s because I want to wear it to sleep,’

‘Oh my gosh!! You have many more, so wear that’ Joohyun patient exploded, yanking the fabric from Seulgi's grasp and violently bumping shoulders with the younger one as she walked away.

Seulgi was left speechless in the walk-in closet. Did they have a fight over her boxer just now??

And did Joohyun just push her by bumping her shoulder????

Now back to where Joohyun is still thinking about which hoodie she wants to wear, what colour … Her hand stopped at the black and white hoodie.

‘I want to wear it later’ Seulgi announced which was ignored by Joohyun when the latter took the hoodie into her possession.

‘Bae Joohyun, I said I –

‘Did you call me by my name??’

Seulgi gulped, ‘I'm sorry’ She ended up apologising when she was pretty sure there was no sin she committed here. ‘I want to wear that hoodie’ she said, putting out her sad face, hoping Joohyun would let her.

Pursing her lips, she is contemplating it ‘hmm…’ scanning Seulgi's casual clothing wardrobe, Seulgi flannel shirt grab her attention now. ‘Fine, I’ll wear your flannel shirt.’ She handed over the hoodie to Seulgi, which made the younger one smile triumphantly.

‘Wear something else underneath, okay,’ Seulgi reminded Joohyun since the flannel shirt is quite thin. 'It's spring now, but the weather is still chilly at night.’

‘okay jagi!’ She stripped, no longer bothering about privacy or personal space with Seulgi. They had already seen everything, therefore it was pointless to have Seulgi cover up her eyes every time she needed to change her clothes.

 

 

Hugging Seulgi's left arm as they walk in the neighbourhood. The night breeze passing made her press her body closer to the younger one.

‘There is an oden shop like’ Seulgi checked the walking distance on her phone ‘5 to 10 minutes’ wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter