Time

One Snowy Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, here the new update

sorry for the mistake in my writing

enjoy

 

 

Joohyun stares at her reflection in the mirror, her scar is so visible on her chest, between her two s.

She can never feel y because she no longer has the feeling of a true woman because of her scar. For her, there would be no more bikinis or drop-off shoulder tops.

Joohyun knows she is not that kind of person who wears revealing clothes, but she is still a woman, and sometimes she wants to wear those kinds of clothes.

Joohyun wonders how Seulgi will react to her scar. Before, she didn’t have it… Will Seulgi accept her? What if Seulgi feels disgusted about it? It’s a scar, so of course it doesn’t look pretty at all.

It is palpable, her skin is no longer smooth.

The memory of Seulgi complimenting her beauty resurfaced in the back of her mind.

Seulgi compliments her based on her face only, not her whole … body. It’s not like she wants to show her body to Seulgi, but won’t they reach that point one day.

Okay stop! Joohyun grips the toilet sink, trying to keep herself together since her thoughts start to ramble.

She let out a heavy sigh, her shoulder dropping as she did that. She has another biggest concern to worry about, which is how to tell Seulgi that she doesn’t have much time if it based on the research.

Joohyun jolted up a little at the sound of the front door opening. She quickly wears Seulgi jumper and walks out of the toilet.

She basically wears Seulgi clothes while she stays here since she doesn’t pack much before departing from France.

A tired-looking Seulgi greeted her with a slow ‘hey,’ and Joohyun knew this was a long day for her ex-wife. There must be an issue at work that forces Seulgi to stay this late. She glances at the clock to make sure her ex-wife is indeed late.

Two hours late than usual.

‘Have you eaten?’ she asked while taking away Seulgi's briefcase and a paper bag.

What is that? She tried to peek at the inside, but Seulgi had already beat her by telling her.

‘Not hungry. It’s the picture during my college time.’ Here Seulgi is trying her best not to break down in tears. Joohyun doesn’t know that Seulgi stood in front of the apartment door for almost fifteen minutes, prepping herself up, so she is strong enough to look at Joohyun in the eyes like nothing happened. ‘I pick it up while heading home’

‘At Seungwan place?’ She asked calmly.

There is a hidden jealousy behind Joohyun's calm voice, but Seulgi is too tired to notice it as she answers mindlessly. ‘No, I stopped by her office.’ She stopped, checking Joohyun's expression at the mention of Seungwan office.

The heaviness clouded her mind. About Joohyun's health

She doesn’t want to force Joohyun to tell her. Seulgi decided she was going to wait like Joohyun patiently waited for her. She knows time is very limited for them now, but Seulgi doesn’t want to force anything.

She is just going to stay by Joohyun's side and make sure nothing hurts her ex-wife anymore.

Her eyes fall on Joohyun, who giddily opens the album, and it reveals the picture of Seulgi alone, standing at the entrance of the account department.

The scene of a very excited Joohyun itself makes Seulgi's lips curve into a smile without her realising it.

Sit down quietly next to Joohyun, who appears to be really engrossed in the album. If someone didn't know that Joohyun was actually staring at the photo of Seulgi, they may assume that Joohyun was preparing for an exam.

Seulgi tries to peek at the picture, but it seems that Seungwan has removed some of it.

‘You still have a chubby cheek here.’ Joohyun pointed her finger at the picture. It was Seulgi at the library studying. Joohyun knows the person who took this picture is Seungwan, and there is a little jealousy creeping into her heart.

On the other hand, she feels so happy to see Seulgi enjoying her student life just like others. Some of the pictures show Seulgi doing the club activity on campus. The way a group of students were posing in front of the mural-covered wall gave the impression that it was an art club.

Leaning close to Joohyun, Seulgi places her chin on Joohyun's shoulder. ‘I lose those fats as I grow older, I think,' she explains. Seulgi didn’t even realise Joohyun had frozen for a moment because of her sudden clinginess.

Her hand rests on Joohyun's waist as her fingers start to gently massage her ex-wife's waist. Seulgi loves this, to be able to feel Joohyun close to her.

It reminds her that this is not a dream. Joohyun actually returned to her. It’s been weeks, yet the CEO still couldn’t believe the return of her ex-wife.

‘How about you?’ Seulgi asked, still glued to Joohyun. ‘Can I see your old picture too?’ turning her head to face Joohyun, which is very, very close to the point where her hot breath hits Joohyun's face.

Joohyun swallows as she moves away a bit, ‘the – there is but – it’s at France, so… yeah.’

‘Right,’ Seulgi straightens her body, giving Joohyun some sense of cold since there is no Seulgi warm on her anymore. ‘What about your shop in France? Is it okay to leave it just like that?’

Joohyun's heart clenched a bit at the mention of France, she knows one day they are going to need this conversation about their future.

The thought of asking Seulgi to stay with her in France. But then there is another thing her ex-wife needs to know.

Maybe she should just tell Seulgi about it … about her heart. Is it okay to talk about this tonight. She studied Seulgi's face, who was frowning at her. probably waiting for her to say something about the shop

But the shop is the least issue they need to worry about right now.

Is it really okay to talk about her problem. Seulgi seems tired though, but ….

The sooner they figure it out, the better right. She can just return to France this week alone if Seulgi doesn’t want to try again.

She can start her new life faster and become a florist in France.

She doesn’t want that kind of life anymore, but what can she do about it? She can’t force Seulgi to be with her, knowing that she will die in a few years.

It's not fair for Seulgi at all, and Seulgi definitely wants someone who can be there for her. who can give her ex-wife a healthy family, and that person cannot be her since she was born with a weak heart.

Joohyun knows Seungwan has already told her that the chance is high for her to give birth to a healthy baby, but who –

‘Joohyun?’

She flinched at Seulgi's sudden call. It seems like she lost herself in her own thoughts. again.

‘Are you worried about your shop? We can go –

She cut Seulgi's words as she answered, ‘the shop is closed for now, and Seulgi…’ Joohyun scooted away a little, making the CEO frown a bit as she tried to pull Joohyun closer using her unfractured arm, but Joohyun held her hand in place.

‘I – I believe there is something else – we need – to talk about. About us’ Joohyun was looking everywhere but Seulgi. ‘I – there is something I need – to – need you to know.’

Seulgi's shoulder drops at the mention of their future. She thought she was going to have more time to prepare herself. She already knows about Joohyun's condition, yet Seulgi doesn’t have the strength to hear it directly from Joohyun.

Her heart screamed in pain when she saw how Joohyun was struggling to open up. Those lips all pale now as it keep open and close. Probably trying to figure out how to tell her about the issues.

Seulgi reached out and held Joohyun's hand, interlaced their fingers together, and squeezed Joohyun's hand while lowering her head to level her monolid eyes with Joohyun's doe eyes.

Taking a deep breath, Seulgi finally says, ‘I knew’ she had come clean. The shorter one recoiled her body to the back and attempted to break free from Seulgi's hold, but Seulgi didn’t let Joohyun run away. She e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter