Born To Be Locked Up

One Snowy Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Helo, thank you to everyone who subscrbe and read this. enjoy the update.

sorry the mistake in my writing.

PUBLISHED : 29 MARCH 2022

EDITED : 31 OCTOBER 2023 *NEW SCENE ADDED, THIS IS WHERE A SMALL PLOT CHANGE

 

enjoy!!

 

 

Seulgi braces herself when she returns home, expecting a relentless scold from her father for walking out in that manner.

‘Princess!’

So, when Seulgi heard a super warm greeting from her father, she stood there. Halt on the spot.

‘Mrs. Bae told me how she cannot wait for the big day.’

Big day? What a big day?!!

.

.

.

Seulgi bombarded through the door, walking straight and stopping a few feet before Joohyun.

‘Why didn’t you tell your parents how I treated you that day?!’ Seulgi's thunderous voice echoed around the room.

It terrified Joohyun with how Seulgi eyes are filled with rage right now, to the point she is on her feet out of reflex to calm the woman who is taller than her. ‘Seulgi..’ she gulped down nervously. ‘If I told them the truth, you would be in a bad position.’

‘Why do you care?!’ Seulgi growled, she hated it even more when the woman slightly trembled under her ear-piercing voice. She hated how the woman could not look her in the eyes. Making Seulgi feel like a real jerk here.

Trust me, Seulgi does not want to act like this. This is not who she is, but Joohyun happened to be the only person she could lash her anger out at!

Seulgi, she is just …. Upset with everything.

How is she going to tell Seungwan about this, Within a month, she will be someone else's wife.

.

.

.

The date is set, and the air is heavy.

Seulgi thought she was going to get at least three to six months to fully accept this marriage, maybe during that time she can find a way out of this disaster.

How stupid she is because, after one family gathering with her soon to be wife, her father set the date right away. She can’t have a say at all, even though she is the one getting married here!

There are two weeks to prepare for the wedding. Seulgi can sense that this is not just a business partnership between Kang and Bae.

Bae family businesses don’t give any benefit to them at all through marriage since most of their business is related to the entertainment world.

There is more, because her parents are rushing this marriage. What is it that they didn’t tell her.

A same marriage can broaden our company in western countries. So, it shows that we are more accepting of the community than what the media wrote. Her father words.

Bull!

Seulgi bet there is more than that! What the media has been portraying about Kang Company doesn’t bother her father at all. It is normal in the business world for a big company to have some rumours circling them. Its not like they cannot silence those media.

A few briefcases filled with money can shut their rotten mouths!

 

They go to fittings for their wedding suit and dress. Throughout the entire moment with Joohyun for their wedding preparation, Seulgi made it strictly business between them.

She stares at her own reflection, this is the sixth suit she tried. She’s starting to lose it, every suit is the ing same colour and boring one. There is rarely a new design when it comes to suits: always pants, a shirt, a vest, then a blazer.

that’s it.

Seulgi wants to wear a dress, but her father opposes it. A dress will make her look weak in the media. So a suit is the best for her, according to her father, even their stylist stays mum when her father opens his mouth.

A suit will make her look intimidated. A leader who is capable of their company’s future

Seulgi called that bull. A person doesn’t need a certain type of clothing to look intimidated, their eyes are enough. A stare full of determination and a strong heart can make people bow their heads down.

Seulgi wonders why her father bothers to teach her a lot of things when she is not allowed to make any decisions in her life. All of those lessons were a waste. Whenever she tries to make a decision on some matter, her father will always oppose it.

You are too young to speak.

What the ? She is 24 years old already!

And during those many days of her wedding preparation … Seulgi still has not found the courage to tell her current girlfriend, Son Seungwan, that she is about to marry someone else.

It burdened Seulgi even more because, during that preparation, she learned that Joohyun doesn’t have a father anymore. Joohyun lost her father and her older brother in a very bad accident. Joohyun's mother is also in that car, she’s alive but … need a wheelchair …. For the rest of her life.

Through this marriage, Seulgi will become the CEO of the Bae Corps, while the Kang Corps will be led by her brother.

That is why her father is rushing this marriage.

She needs to babysit this brat, Bae Joohyun. Guess the brat is still a spoil chaebol, older than her, yet the spoil brat doesn’t know how to manage the business alone at all!

Seulgi wonders what the hell the older woman has been doing her entire life. Joohyun was born into a family that does business, so why she doesn’t know how the business world works.

Is she always out partying and getting ed up before this arranged marriage? Some of the Chaebol heirs are like that, they tend to enjoy their single life to the fullest until the marriage topic is thrown at them.

Guess Joohyun was just like that, now all the brat needs to do is put up her pretty face and act like a good girl in front of everyone. Seulgi is so sure that spoil brat will change as soon as they are pronouncing themselves as spouses.

ing good actress that brat!

.

.

.

Staring dead at the mirror, it shows her reflection, her eyes look dead, and even the dust in the room knows she is not happy.

Wearing a light blue three piece suit. A red rose has been pinched on her suit lapel. Joohyun made the flower pin herself. This one, Seulgi didn’t expect it since she has been giving Joohyun a cold shoulder all the time.

Shut it! Don’t go soft on her

Seulgi is fixing up her bowtie, it is the big day. She just registered their marriage this morning, with Bae Joohyun of course. The woman only knows to fiddle with her own fingers, other than that, the spoil brat seems useless.

Seulgi is a married woman now. By that, she’s unintentionally making Seungwan a mistress, even though the latter doesn’t know she is now a mistress to some CEO of a big company in South Korea.

Sometimes Seulgi wishes she was born into a normal family where her opinion matters. This is her wedding day, it is supposed to be the happiest day of her life, yet her eyes are all hollow. There is no light in it at all.

She is drowning, and nobody is here to save her.

‘I know it’s hard to accept all of this’

Startled, Seulgi turns her body, facing the owner of the voice. Her brother. Kang Jiyoung

Seeing his sister stay silent Jiyong continues his speech. ‘All of this is so sudden, but trust me.’ He squeezes Seulgi's shoulder lightly. ‘You will have a happy marriage life.’ He paused, pointing his forefinger towards himself, ‘just like me’

It’s true that Jiyong's wife is also their father's choice, and Jiyong now has two daughters. He is happily married.

But she is not her brother, she won’t be happy because her entire heart was taken by Seungwan.

‘I did some background searching about this Bae Joohyun. She's clean.’

Seulgi raised her eyebrows at her brother's sentence.

‘No gambling or drug record or anything shady at all. So, she is the one.’

Seulgi manages to form a tight smile… ‘Yeah..’ It was a weak acknowledgment. A clean record is not what Seulgi wants. She just wants Son Seungwan to be her wife.

Is it too much to ask?

 

 

 

The vows have been said out loud, and a gold band rests perfectly on each of their ring fingers. A quick peck on Joohyun's left cheek sealed their wedding vows.

A tremendous clap filled the hall. Filled with a happy face

Everyone has a sincere happy face except the two brides.

Seulgi is all complicated, while Joohyun, whose people thought it was a happy tear that she shed as soon as they were announced as a married couple,

It was not.

Joohyun could not hold it when she caught her mother's tears. Her mother thinks she is in good hands. If only they knew, but she cannot blame anyone on this matter when she is the one who said yes. There is nothing she can do, she is in a tight place too. So Joohyun made another vow that day. To not let her mother know the dark side of her marriage, where she and Seulgi are not like what everyone thinks they are.

She just wants her family to be in good hands. It only has three of them now. Her mother, herself, and her younger sister

Keep it together, Joohyun! Her heart whispers when she feels her leg almost limp.

You c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter