Kang's Mansion

One Snowy Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, new chapter here

sorry if there a mistake in my writing

enjoy!!

 

 

Seulgi sat leaning against the couch, staring into an empty space as she tried to come up with any solution to the threat.

They demand a share of Kang's Corporate or they will expose Seulgi scandal and reveal everything related to it. the detail, Seungwan background.

Just when she began to see a ray of hope in her life, she came to face another wall in her life.

Seulgi knows she is a sinner, but doesn’t she deserve at least a little happiness in her life. She wants a quiet life with Joohyun.

Please, for once, leave her and Joohyun alone.

A cold hand caressed her left arm.

‘Seulgi ah…’

It was Joohyun, the woman always has a cold hand. It amazes Seulgi how their body temperatures are so different, yet it compliments them well.

‘Do you want to talk about it?’ Joohyun asked, referring to the phone call in between Kang that she knew nothing about it.

Taking Joohyun's hand into hers, Seulgi interlaces their fingers. Her gaze softens at Joohyun, who has been patient with her silence on this Christmas Eve night.

‘Can I sleep on your laps?’ she asked, wanting to be clingy with Joohyun. She used to hold back during their marriage.

Joohyun's wide eyes show how much Seulgi question shocks her, but she recovers from it fast. Afraid Seulgi is going to change her mind if she stalls her response.

Joohyun patted her laps impatiently, welcoming Seulgi with an open heart. A kiss on her cheek makes the tips of her ears redden, and then her ex-wife rests her head on her laps.

‘Careful with your hand’ she reminds Seulgi.

Her fingers are naturally playing with Seulgi short hair, lightly massaging the taller one scalp and sometimes playing with Seulgi ears.

Joohyun loves to play with Seulgi lock, it gives her some kind of comfort when her fingers are in between Seulgi's black hair.

They fall into a comfortable silence, with Seulgi closing her eyes, getting comfortable with her head lying on Joohyun's laps, and Joohyun leans against the couch, staring at the ceiling.

Joohyun didn’t remember her falling asleep. She has this glimpse of memories where someone guides her to lay down, then she drifts into total darkness. She fell asleep.

Seulgi couldn’t take her eyes away from Joohyun's sleeping face. How can a person be this beautiful even in a sleeping state.

Joohyun is so beautiful.

Her fingers tremor as she feathery traced Joohyun's features, the perfect natural-shaped eyebrows, the closed eyes that have a long and curving eyelash, Joohyun's slim and tall nose, and… her plump lips.

Seulgi thumb caresses Joohyun's corner of the lips, her lips is so irresistible.

The shorter one is in deep slumber, she doesn’t realise it’s not her who is sitting on the couch anymore. Now she is the one laying on the couch with her head resting on Seulgi's lap.

Seulgi's lips curled upward, smiling as she whispered quietly, ‘I love you, Joohyun.’ Thumb caressing Joohyun's cheek tenderly, ‘I swear to protect you no matter what it takes, to care for you, and to learn everything I can about you.’

A shaky breath escaped Seulgi's lips. Her eyes flooded with tears, forcing Seulgi to look up, preventing her tears from falling. ‘I'm not going to let anybody hurt you again, not even me.’

Closing her eyes, Seulgi felt a peace she had never felt before. ‘I love you, Bae Joohyun.’

There is chaos running through her mind because of the threat, yet with Joohyun by her side, she is still able to be at ease. Holding Joohyun close to her.

If only the shorter one were awake now, she's probably already in tears hearing Seulgi's honest thoughts.

.

.

.

Joohyun dressed Seulgi in a beige turtleneck and grey suit. Still wearing a sling on her right hand, the CEO is currently reviewing a file about their upcoming budget regarding the idol group's comeback.

The only sound in the office is the running humidifier and the sound of a page of books flipping since Joohyun is reading a book.

Sitting on the couch a few feet from the CEO desk, where Seulgi usually sits to have conversations with anyone visiting her office, Joohyun was too caught up with the book to notice Seulgi now walking towards her.

A shadow was the first thing that made Joohyun know Seulgi was already in front of her, then the CEO kneeled in front of her, looking up to her like a puppy seeking an intention.

Joohyun's lips immediately form a smile due to the cuteness. Her finger naturally went into Seulgi lock, playing with her ex-wife's hair.

She put the book away as she chuckled at Seulgi's act. She never thought Seulgi was going to be clingy in their relationship.

Relationship.

It sounds so foreign to her. Something that Joohyun never dreamed she'd hear in her life.

Resting her chin on Joohyun's knee, ‘what are you reading?’ Seulgi asked softly. Her sharp features look so soft now that she in front her lover.

‘Letters to Milena by Franz Kafka’ she shows the book to Seulgi, who seems so eager to know more. ‘Sit here’ patting the empty space beside her.

While getting up, Seulgi didn’t miss her chance to place a chase kiss on Joohyun's knee and steal a peck on the shorter lips, making Joohyun breathless at the sudden act of affection.

Seulgi settled beside Joohyun, with no space in between them. ‘What is it about?’ she asked, all calm, like she was not the cause of the soaring butterfly in Joohyun's stomach just now. Taking Joohyun hands into hers, she played with her ex-wife's fingers.

With a face flush like tomato colours, Joohyun explains about the book and how the author falls into a deep connection with a woman who is translating his work into Czech.

It makes Seulgi want to read the book, even though she is not into reading that much. She preferred drawing over reading or writing.

‘People do fall in love in a different way, huh?’ Seulgi commented, a line that sounded so familiar because it was the lyric of a famous singer.

Joohyun hummed softly, agreeing with Seulgi's statement.

Staring into each other's eyes, a smiled on their lips. There is a glint of mischief in the CEO's eyes as she leans closer, closing the gap between them.

‘Can I get a kiss?’ she whispered.

Joohyun's eyes widen as she glances towards the secretary desk station outside Seulgi office. The CEO office is no longer a concrete wall. Seulgi renovated it into a full glass wall last year while Joohyun was away in France.

‘They can see it Seulgi ah,’ Joohyun lightly shook her head before biting her lower lips after seeing how disappointed the CEO is right now. Who thought a CEO was pouting inside the office right now because permission to get a kiss has been denied.

Joohyun found it cute, a laugh almost escaped her lips because of Seulgi's sour face. So she leans in to place a chaste kiss on Seulgi's cheek.

A knock on the door made Joohyun pull away abruptly and put some distance between them. Joohyun feels like she is still a teenager, hiding her relationship, while the fact is that she is in a relationship with the CEO of the company.

Seulgi regrets her decision to renovate this office a year ago.

‘Come in’ she let out a frustrated sigh, leaning her body against the couch.

The sound of the door swinging open and a heel clicking on the floor filled the CEO's office.

‘No more steps from there’ Seulgi commanded, ‘and it better be important.’ She warned the poor secretary, who is already sweating.

Joohyun who witnessed how cute Seulgi is throwing a protest right now, made her bite her inner cheeks, holding her laugh.

‘I apologise for interrupt Ms. Kang, but there have been numerous phone calls regarding you and Ms. Bae.’ The secretary paused as she noticed the CEO's face turn into a grim expression. ‘The public seems to make a lot of assumptions, and our PR team suggests you respond this time. It started to affect company stock, Ms. Kang.’

‘no’ Seulgi answered without missing a beat. There is no way she is going to feed those monsters with her statement. Why would the public need to know about her personal life? It’s not like she's doing drugs or anything illegal.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter