Blind Faith

One Snowy Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, here the new update

sorry if there a mistake in my writing

enjoy 

ps : i suggest listen to its alright this is love by DAVICHI

 

Joohyun's gaze lingered on Seulgi, who slept peacefully beside her. Her ex-wife's lips are slightly parted, making her look so cute! a light snore and a very warm body. Seulgi is like a puppy who has a very warm body.

Her personal heater

She loves that part about Seulgi since Joohyun hates colds. Both of them hate the cold, they prefer autumn after talking about random stuff, and then they end up talking about the weather.

Joohyun had no idea that the day would come when Seulgi would be really honest with her.

Seulgi can’t even bear to be in the same space as her in the past. Those were hard times for them, not just for her.

Joohyun realises there is so much more about Kang Seulgi. She thought Seulgi simply hated her and their marriage. She never knew it back then … her ex-wife struggled day and night trying to be a good daughter.

To not hurt anyone, yet Seulgi ended up hurting her. At that time, Seulgi thought it was the best. Joohyun's heart broke when she learned the real reason behind it.

The pressure to live up to Mr. Kang's expectations

She doesn’t know Seulgi lives in the dark.

Visiting Seulgi parent place helps her understand Seulgi much more. It was sad, Seulgi's past. Seulgi was born healthy, she should have a life like other kids. Yet, she was forced to mature at a very young age.

Joohyun was shocked that Seulgi learned business at the age of seven and associated with her father and brother. engage in fully grown adult conversations about stock, investment, finance, strategy, and many more.

It was such a boring topic for a child. all of those lessons, yet Seulgi’s father still doesn’t let the younger one walk freely.

Joohyun understands that if something serious happens, such as a threat Kang has been dealing with lately, it needs to be discussed with family members, but still … Mr. Kang doesn’t believe in Seulgi at all.

It was too much!

Joohyun knows Seulgi is struggling that day, she wants to return to this small apartment after dinner, but she still wants to experience sleeping in Seulgi's teenage room. She wants to feel what Seulgi has been feeling, even though she knows it’s impossible.

At least she is trying.

Both of them are trying.

They've made such progress. All of this does not happen in a single day.

She thought they wouldn’t make it at all, especially after the divorce. Who in the world thought that they would reunite again after that.

The path they have to take just to be in each other's arms like this, snuggling into Seulgi's neck as she rests her hand on Seulgi's stomach. Her legs are entangled with the younger one, and Joohyun basically clings onto Seulgi, half of her body pressed against the younger one.

A low, deep hum from Seulgi as the younger one s her arm to hug Joohyun's waist even in her sleep. Her body warm seeks for Joohyun.

Seulgi's right hand is free from casting now. It fully healed, and Joohyun still remembers how excited Seulgi was to swing that right hand in the air.

Seulgi looks like a puppy who is excited to go out for a walk on a very good day, expressing the thrill of having the freedom to use her right hand back by jumping in one spot.

 

…..

 

‘Are you sure you can go alone?’ Seulgi double-checked with Joohyun about picking up Yerim at the airport alone.

Seulgi doesn’t like the idea of Joohyun roaming alone at the airport when Lee jerk has his eyes on her ex-wife.

‘Your driver will be with me, so it's fine.’

Shaking her head, her driver this time is newly hired. A man in his early thirty with a military background. Seulgi purposely hired him for Joohyun's safety, but still, he is a newbie in this business world, so it makes Seulgi anxious. ‘But Mr. Ahn is new –

‘Seulgi,’ wrapping her arm around Seulgi's waist as she interlaces her fingers on Seulgi's lower back. Joohyun look up at the taller one who is staring down at her. Seulgi looks cute, frowning like this. ‘I’ll be okay, you trust me right?’

There is another meaning in between those sentences, as if Joohyun is saying her heart is all okay now, so there is no need for Seulgi to be this worried. Seulgi does not wish to press the issue or become overly protective, to the point where Joohyun feels suffocated.

She likes Joohyun to be this carefree, but...

But Joohyun didn’t know Seulgi was worried for a completely different reason here.

Seulgi wants to be at the airport with Joohyun, but with the recent threat she received from Lee. Seulgi needs to be somewhere, she needs to discuss it with her team, her legal team.

How to counter the issue if it becomes well known in the public

Even though she knows it will be difficult, her life will become hellish as soon as the world learns about her previous scandal. Those who were involved will undoubtedly experience the agony once more.

Seulgi detests the reality that Joohyun and Seungwan are forced to revisit their painful path.

This is her fault, and it always will be her fault. the cause of another person's suffering.

Seulgi felt a little more confidence this time around to take on this problem, despite her father's disapproval of her strategy.

just because there is a single person who genuinely believes in her.

Seulgi couldn’t believe the power of Bae Joohyun. Her ex-wife simply stands by her side, and Seulgi feels like she could lift the earth with one hand.

This time, she feels like her decision will lead to a good thing.

‘Seulgi??’

Her eyes are back, focusing on the shorter one, who is still hugging her. There is a look of concern on Joohyun's face, those perfect-shape eyebrows are knitted hard with a brown eye scanning her face.

‘I just wish I could be there.’ She mumbled it loud enough for Joohyun to hear it. She didn’t expect Joohyun to respond with a light peck on her lips.

She is all pumping up now, thanks to Joohyun plump lips against hers.

Suddenly, she doesn’t feel sad anymore. Maybe they should have kissed more often.

 

….

 

‘What do you mean do nothing?’ Jiyoung asked, a little upset with Seulgi's decision not to release the Lee scandal to the public. ‘You already talked to him, and he still want –

‘He doesn’t know what I had on him, Jiyong.’

Jiyoung nodded and agreed with Seulgi, but he believed they needed to make the first move before Lee. ‘Which is why we need to let the world know about the Lee scandal first before he makes it public about your past. If –

‘See how immature your thinking is, Seulgi?’ Mr. Kang voiced his frustration about Seulgi decision.

Mr. Kang's voice growled like thunder; it almost made Seulgi flinch, but the young Kang managed to stop herself from showing her weakness.

Seulgi can't afford to look weak here. She needs to be the person her father always wants her to be.

Strong, intimidated Kang

Seulgi closed her eyes, trying to calm her racing heart by continuously telling herself that she was good. She is not shaking inside this meeting room at all.

Sat here is her brother, father and their lawyer.

It’s a bit too much for Seulgi to talk about her shameful past. How she cheated on Joohyun, and now her sin follows her everywhere.

She couldn’t lift her head while talking about it, their lawyer needed to know the details so it would be smooth if things went south.

The details are her whereabouts, the time she secretly met Seungwan, when this started, who else knew, and how many times this almost leaked to the public.

Everything.

Their lawyer is already writing down a fake scenario to cover up her past mistake.

Seulgi never felt more ashamed than now, she thought being honest about her past mistakes was shameful enough.

However, making a fake scenario to cover her past is way more humiliating.

Her heart feels like it is about to explode, but then again, who is she to voice a complaint when all of this happened because of her.

Again, no matter how far she came. Seulgi always returns to the point where the problem is herself.

Yerim shouldn’t have visited her that night. Everyone will be saved from this, they will live a happy life if she make it that night.

It's too much now. Seulgi wonders why it is so hard to breathe; the room temperature seems to drop drastically as she hugs her own body and rubs her upper arm, trying to warm herself.

Her brother was staring at her with a thick frown. Seulgi didn’t dare look at her father, not when her eyes were a little b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter