Yin & Yang

One Snowy Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, here the new update

sorry if there a mistake in my writing

enjoy!

 

 

Seulgi was called, and 'they're safe’ was the doctor's first word to Seulgi as soon as she was done with treatment and checking up on the mother to be.

It was a close call, if the bleeding didn’t stop while Seulgi was on her way to bring Joohyun to the hospital, then maybe they both would lose the unborn child.

Seulgi's heart pounded while hearing the doctor's explanation because it meant that her biggest nightmare had almost come true.

Turns out Joohyun has placenta previa which is a condition in which the placenta is located very low in the uterus and covers all or part of the opening to the cervical aperture, which is located at the top of the .

That is what triggered the bleeding to happen, though the doctor reassured Seulgi that the condition is usually not an issue because it will resolve as the pregnancy progresses.

But the doctor warns her that it might happen again in the future, so she needs to have someone by Joohyun's side all the time.

 

 

Seulgi knocks on the door twice, then twirls the doorknob and carefully walks inside the room where Joohyun is placed.

As soon as their eyes met, Joohyun's expression became rigid since she was trying her best not to cry. Forcing her trembling lips to smile, only to fail a second later when Seulgi is staring at her with a very soft look.

Seulgi fastens her step as she reaches out to Joohyun's extended arms ‘baby, I'm here.’ She pulls Joohyun into a tight embrace the moment she reaches the hospital bed.

Joohyun sobbed and buried her face on Seulgi's neck, her hand tightly gripping Seulgi's corporate shirt.

They were all greatly shocked by the incident, but Joohyun was particularly affected because she was going through the entire procedure, she is the one carrying the child.

‘shhh…’ gently rocking their bodies as she kisses Joohyun's head, ‘you’re alright now’ Despite her shaky voice and there is also tears in her eyes, Seulgi decided to swallow back all of those because she knew … all of this happened because of her.

She hurt Joohyun again.

‘This is my fault’ Seulgi decided to tell Joohyun the truth. She knows now isn’t the time since Joohyun is obviously still in shock, but Seulgi cannot act like she is the innocent one here.

Especially after Joohyun assumed that everything had occurred as a result of her careless actions while searching for Seulgi.

She wiped Joohyun's tears with her sleeves, ignoring how Joohyun's eyes were full of disappointment looking at her after she told Joohyun about everything.

That she thought Joohyun was seeing someone else, a fact that she almost believes is not her child that Joohyun carries.

Lowering her head, Seulgi didn’t dare look at Joohyun in the eyes, ‘I'm sorry.’ She apologised again; she knew this time maybe it was hard for Joohyun to forgive her right away.

Seulgi expects a hard slap for accusing her girlfriend like that, but Joohyun simply pushes her away and avoids her touch after that.

‘I'm sorry’ She apologised once more, swallowing the shame along the way. ‘I got jealous, I – I let my anger take over me once again Joohyun.’ Standing a few feet away from the bed, she didn’t dare stay close to Joohyun after her girlfriend pushed her away.

Seulgi senses that there is an uneasy sensation in her stomach, leaving a bitter taste in . She broke her promise not to hurt Joohyun again, and she hurt her again.

She clenched her jaw as she gritted her teeth, trying to stifle her crying. Tears that fall on her cheeks down to her chin, Seulgi just lets them fall.

‘Joohyun I feel like this is an endless cycle’ squeezed her hands into a fists, ‘me hurting you’

Joohyun's eyes widened at that, and she quickly turned to face Seulgi. ‘Seulgi, what –

‘You had a great life in France –

Joohyun shook her head as she denied it since Seulgi didn’t listen to her ‘Stop it –

‘but I ruined it.’

‘Seulgi!’

‘This is who I am to you, no matter how hard I tried to be better. I keep telling myself this is not about me anymore so I can take better care of you, but I – I’

‘please’ Joohyun begged, she doesn’t want that Seulgi to return.

‘I keep hurting you whenever you are close to me, it feels like I'm a bad omen in your li-

‘KANG SEULGI!’ She screamed her heart out as she called her girlfriend, and finally the taller one locked eyes with her. ‘Come here’ she patted empty spaces beside her, and when Seulgi answered by shaking her head, her heart broke at the sight of trembling Seulgi.

They have come far to be where they are right now, she cannot let today's accident bring them back to their starting point.

With a trembling voice, ‘Come here’ she desperately asks Seulgi to come closer once again.

‘Joohyun –

‘Come here!’ This time, there's a hint of rage in her voice, so Seulgi did take a step closer.

Once more, Seulgi thought she would receive a firm slap on the face, but Joohyun's small finger was wrapped around her collar, and soon after, all she felt was a gentle kiss on her lips.

She was too shocked to even close her eyes when Joohyun kissed her for a brief moment before hiding her little face by nestling up against Seulgi's neck.

‘We long past that kind of argument Seulgi.’ She breathed in, ‘never ever say things like that again.’ Pulling away, Joohyun placed her left palm on Seulgi's cheek as she stared deeply into Seulgi's eyes. ‘You are not bad luck to me,’

‘Joohyun…’ circling her arms around Joohyun's slim waist so she can support Joohyun's weight. ‘but I’

‘Kiss me’

‘huh?’

Joohyun pulls Seulgi closer so she can press her forehead against Seulgi, ‘kiss me and I'll make you forget about everything else but us.’

Seulgi cannot believe how this woman manages to make her feel all sorts of things in such a short amount of time.

She was devastated because of today's accident, and now she's here with her heart pounding and a fluttering feeling because the person in front of her decided to say something that tugged all of her heartstrings.

‘Kiss me’ Joohyun repeated it with an airy voice this time because she lost the strength to speak in her normal tone.

‘wi – will you be okay?’ Seulgi would like to double-check because Joohyun is currently in the hospital.

‘Just a kiss, Seulgi.’ She shifted her eyes somewhere else, feeling embarrassed for demanding a kiss in a situation like this. She heard a faint thank you and I love you from the younger one then Joohyun closed her eyes.

Savouring the kiss from her lover, Joohyun let Seulgi take the lead as she fully surrendered herself to the point where both didn’t hear a knock on the door and

‘Oh my!’

 

Seulgi wishes the earth swallowed her right here, she's pretty sure her face, which hardly blushes now, is as red as ripe tomatoes. She cannot focus on the doctor's conversation with Joohyun at all until

‘Ms. Kang?’

‘uh yyes?’ She stuttered and from her peripheral view she could see Joohyun stifling her laugh.

‘I'm afraid no ual is allowed until next appointment,’ the doctor paused, waiting for Seulgi to respond. She's kind of having fun teasing this couple now that the monolid woman looks like she choked on her saliva with that heavy cough.

Seulgi cleared after calming herself, she thought she was going to die coughing a moment ago. ‘o – okay doc.’

‘It’s just that we need to make sure Ms. Bae is fully healed first, usually after bleeding we don –

‘I understand, doc’ She cut off the doctor's long explanation since she could not deal with how hot her face was right now. It might catch on fire soon. ‘I want her to focus on her health too.’ again, Seulgi clears , then looks away from the doctor meaningful look.

 

‘o - okay’ Joohyun imitated Seulgi's stuttering voice once the doctor walked out of their room. She was about to laugh like there was no tomorrow until a sharp pain in her stomach and that stinginess in her lower body stopped her. ‘urghh,’ she lightly pressing her lower abdomen to ease the pain.

Seulgi, who was about to sulk because of the teasing, got up from her seat and carefully placed her hand on Joohyun's tummy, slowly rubbing it.

‘Careful now, baby... It's gonna hurt if you laugh or sneeze’

Using this opportunity to wrap and pull Seulgi once again as she cutely looks up at the younger one, who is now wearing a hoodie.

Seulgi raises her eyebrows and gives Joohyun a questionable look because she cannot decipher her girlfriend's meaningful look.

‘Ppoppo (a peck)’ Joohyun pursed her lips cutely and Seulgi's ears almost caught fire with the amount of cuteness she was witnessing right now.

And Seulgi is taking her time since her brain is short circuit because of Bae Joohyun's cuteness overload.

‘Jagiya ppoppo’ Joohyun whined cutely as she tugged on Seulgi's hoodie.

A quick peck on the lips led to Seulgi pampering Joohyun a few more. Joohyun's cuteness during pregnancy is going to be her death.

‘Baby, I think you should rest now’ She said that, but she was still kissing Joohyun.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter