Hope for the future

One Snowy Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, here the new chapter

sorry if there mistake in my writing.

enjoyy!!

 

 

Joohyun lightly dabbed the cotton pad on Seulgi's left side of the lips. She ignored Seulgi's plea to be gentle because she was so upset with the whole situation.

Although she is aware that Seulgi is not at all to blame, she feels that her girlfriend was reckless for allowing the man into her workspace. She had previously requested that Seulgi turn down any business requests from Dongmin, but Seulgi had ignored her.

Not even in terms of bodyguarding; she is fine when Seulgi gives her one, but the younger one refuses to have one, claiming that since Dongmin is just after Joohyun, she won't be the target.

Look at what happened now. Seulgi ended up with busted lips and a cut on the left eyebrow, and another one is very close to Seulgi's left eye. The cut is extremely close to the eye, and if it were to strike Seulgi's eyes, she might be permanently blind on the left side.

She winced at the sight of the cut on Seulgi's left eyebrows, five stitches on the eyebrow, and another five close to the eyes with a black thread.

She changes the cotton pad and soaks it with clean water, then lightly dabbing the stitches area before applying some Vaseline and placing a bandage to cover it neatly to avoid infection.

It took her not even five minutes because she didn’t stop when Seulgi flinched out of pain. While a part of her felt bad for her girlfriend, her frustration with Seulgi made her heart standstill even when she saw Seulgi in pain.

Seulgi attempted to meet Joohyun's gaze with a hushed mumble. ‘Thank you’

Putting away the first aid kit on the coffee table drawer, Joohyun only responded with a low humming.

 

Seulgi is still in her suit because she feels it's not alright for her to leave the scene yet. Joohyun had been sitting next to her for about an hour, like a stone statue on Jeju Island. With that grim look and the way her girlfriend crossed one knee over the other and one arm over her chest, she looked frustrated.

‘I don’t want us to fight’ Joohyun placed her hand on her belly, rubbing it tenderly. ‘Dream and love might be upset if we fight, right?’ Joohyun stopped rubbing as she stared at her round belly. Her baby bump can be seen slightly, she is in her eleventh week, so it isn’t that obvious yet even though she carries a twin.

‘I…’ Seulgi turned her face to look at Joohyun, who still refused to look at her. ‘Baby’ she pleads, placing her hand on top of Joohyun’s.

‘I’m confident that you possess brilliant business judgement.’ Joohyun stated, she didn’t bother to wait for Seulgi's speech. ‘Seulgi, you even managed to make my parent company widely recognised once again in less than a year. The harsh reality is that you will always have enemies.’

Knowing that Joohyun still had more to say to her and that she didn't have the right to speak here, Seulgi simply pursed her lips.

‘I asked you to leave that company, not because I didn’t believe in you. I saw it, how capable you are as a leader and as a business person.’ Joohyun paused, her eyes on their interlaced hands. ‘I asked that because I just want to have a simple, happy life with you.’ She takes Seulgi's hand and lightly places it on her small baby bump, ‘with us now.’

Seulgi lowered her head, embarrassed, tears already welling up in her eyes.

‘But, as you stated, the company means a lot to you right now, so I understand Seulgi. I truly am, but can you convince me that what happened today will not happen again in the future? Seulgi, can you keep us safe?’ Joohyun finally sees Seulgi eye to eye, their eyes are glossy.

Their gazes were so heavy that silence filled the room. Joohyun is feeling frustrated about today, and Seulgi is just full of guilt for letting it happen.

‘Can you take this seriously now, Seulgi? I can't afford to lose you.’ She breathed in, ‘Have you ever considered what would happen to me and our children if something happened to you??’

Seulgi had a lot on her mind at the moment, so she was unable to respond to it right away. She acknowledged that she was acting recklessly during the day. Thinking that she has everything under control and being ignorant in front of a man who has a huge physique compared to her.

‘It’s okay,’ Joohyun gave Seulgi a pat on the hand because she didn't want her lengthy speech to break Seulgi's heart. She said all of those things just to knock some sense on her girlfriend.

Joohyun believes that Seulgi needs to be reminded that they are both held responsible for another life now that she carries a twin which each have half of their blood and flesh. It is growing inside her womb now.

So Joohyun doesn’t have any choice but to be a little bit strict with Seulgi today.

‘Go take a shower. I'm going to bed now.’ She got up and walked past Seulgi, who was still sitting on the couch.

 

Seulgi was left alone in the living room, her head was a mess. Thinking about what Joohyun just asked her, a reassurance about keeping this family safe.

Seulgi felt a pang in her heart when Joohyun questioned not just her own safety but also the safety of her unborn babies.

It makes Seulgi go through some self-reflection about the way she handles things. She did take her relationship with Joohyun seriously, but maybe part of what Joohyun said is right. Anything she does from now on will have an impact on Joohyun and the little ones.

Though not formally or legally yet, they will soon be a family.

She got up from the couch and ran upstairs fast, hoping Joohyun hadn’t fallen asleep yet. Catching her breath before slowly opening the door, she peeks her head inside.

Joohyun is still awake.

Joohyun was blinking while looking at her, probably wondering what she's doing right now for peeking into their bedroom.

Clearing , ‘baby…’ she stepped into the bedroom. ‘Can we shower together?’ was a way of her telling Joohyun her apology.

 

 

They just shower since Seulgi has busted lips and a few stiches on her face, but it does bring back the cheery vibe between the couple, with Seulgi finally giving her words about keeping everything under control.

‘I hate that man’ Joohyun mumbled, gracefully tracing her fingers on Seulgi's lips. ‘Will you sue him?’

Seulgi shakes her head, ‘no, I don’t want it to be noisy if it gets out of control’

‘So, you will let him walk around freely just like that?’ Joohyun protested.

‘He won’t be able to come near us now, I have my lawyer handle everything.' She reassured the upset mama to be, ‘He won’t be able to come near us, too many witnesses for today and my office has CCTV.’

Joohyun smiled at that, her heart finally able to rest calmly until her mind decided it’s time for her to remember that heated moment with Seulgi in the office.

‘YOUR OFFICE HAS CCTV??!!’

Seulgi almost flew away with how breezy it was due to Joohyun's loud voice. Shaking her head so she has her senses back.

‘Yeah, why?’ she answered nonchalantly. Shaking her head lightly just to make sure her ears are still there.

A slap on Seulgi's shoulder, ‘What do you mean, why??!’ Another slap follows right after.

‘Ouch!’ Seulgi scooted away, she was thrown away by a man this afternoon and is now being slapped by a woman in the night. What a life she is living here!

‘Jagi we –’ Joohyun moved her hand frantically as she was too embarrassed to speak, her face flushed, and on the other side of the bed was Seulgi frowning.

The younger one is trying to decipher Joohyun's hand movement code into a sentence, but she cannot understand what her girlfriend is panicking about.

‘Jagi in the office’ Joohyun points her finger towards herself and Seulgi back to back, ‘us!!’

Seulgi lips are part away. ‘ahh we… Don't worry,' she said, clearing .

‘What do you mean don’t worry, its –

‘Calm down,’ she says, catching Joohyun's wrist. 'For the CEO office, only I have access to it, and I already deleted the file after we divorced.’

Joohyun's face is calm now, and there is a glint of mischief in her eyes. ‘Did you plan to keep it if we didn’t divorce?’ she teased.

‘No!’ Seulgi turns away from Joohyun, hiding her flush face, and she scoots further towards the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter