Christmas Eve II

One Snowy Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, a new chapter here. this is the first new chapter to continue this fanfic. i am done with the editing on the old version chapter.

sorry for the mistake in my writing

enjoy!

 

 

After that frigid night, she had no one else in her life but herself. Seulgi has grown used to silence. Until Bae Joohyun returns to her life

Joohyun brightens her day just by being there. Her ex-wife did not urge her to talk when she was not in the mood. Joohyun's presence means a lot to her, but she doesn't know how to embrace it yet.

She is still considering them. The continual fear of hurting Joohyun again has her questioning whether this is the right decision.

Not only that, but she has a lot going on in her life right now as a result of her wrongdoing in the past. So Seulgi doesn't want to bring Joohyun into her messed-up life.

Her family had abandoned her. She became an alcoholic and suicidal person. Seulgi has doubts about her ability to steer her life in the proper direction.

Seulgi balled up her fists as those memories raced through her thoughts. With her chaotic existence, she will undoubtedly harm Joohyun again.

Joohyun does not deserve to be with such a damaged person.

But now... her gaze is fixed on Joohyun, who is lost in deep thought.

The silence ….

She is now uncomfortable with the quietness. She feels uncomfortable with the heaviness in her small apartment. There was no this kind of heaviness last week, Joohyun mood was all bubbly and on peak about Christmas, which is this weekend.

But,

Joohyun had been silent all day long, so her ex-wife must be concerned about something. Joohyun cried yesterday night in the bathroom, which Seulgi is aware of. Joohyun's puffy eyes are fairly noticeable.

‘sh – should we get Christmas tree?’ Seulgi asked carefully, she is not that fond of Christmas. It was a day where everything went into an ashtray for her. But if that can bring Joohyun back to her usual self, then Seulgi is willing to put in some effort.

Joohyun shrugged, feeling disinterested. The sound of her own heartbeat dampened the joy in her heart.

Somehow, Joohyun can’t get it out of her head. Someone else's heart is beating inside her, keeping her alive.

Seulgi placed her hand on Joohyun's right arm, and the shorter one flinched a little.

‘Joohyun’ Seulgi called softly. 'You've been quiet…’ she pointed out. Seulgi observes how Joohyun keeps chewing her bottom lip, her eyes fixed on the floor.

Within those two pools of gaze, there is tension. A feeling of unease that is accompanied by terror. Despite not knowing what was going on behind Joohyun's dark eyes, Seulgi felt her feelings of nervousness.

Her own emotions blurred Joohyun's logic. She came to understand that she loves Seulgi. She wasn't sure about it while they were married; she believed the affection for Seulgi existed because they were united in marriage.

Now, despite having a stranger's heart beating inside of her, she is so certain of it. It continues to yearn for Kang Seulgi. She cannot put logic behind it.

Is she in love with Seulgi since they are still married, Joohyun wondered, and she frowned even more because she couldn't figure it out. She only knew she loves Seulgi.

‘Did you see the news?’ Seulgi asked, since Joohyun remained silent.

‘News?’

Seulgi nodded and said, ‘Need me to release a statement? You know to make it clear that we aren’t back together.’

‘What?’ Joohyun was confused even more.

Seulgi wants to be clear in case Joohyun's silent is due to the news, and her ex-wife has a falling out with her partner as a consequence of it. So she ask ‘Is Soojung upset with the news about you and me? I can ask –

‘Wait,’ Joohyun raised her hand and motioned for Seulgi to stop talking because her brain could not process what Seulgi just said. ‘What news? And Soojung??’

‘Uhmm, our picture, this news site,’ Seulgi opens her phone and searches for her name on Naver, maybe showing it to Joohyun will save time. ‘I may issue a statement to avoid any misunderstandings between Soojung and you.’

‘Why would Soojung feel like that?’

Now its Seulgi turn to be confused, scrunching her eyebrows, ‘you with her –

‘What??!’

Seulgi covered her left ear, she thought she had just lost her hearing ability for a moment when Joohyun's loud voice pierced into her ears.

‘Why would you think I'm with her??’

‘uhmm…’ scratching her left cheek, ‘she visit you here and -’

‘Can’t a friend visit –

Joohyun couldn’t finish her sentence because Seulgi cut her off.

‘But you love her, and –

‘I did,’ she admitted, ‘I loved her in the past. Before I married you,' she finally said that her love for Soojung was gone. She had a change of feeling as soon as she married Kang Seulgi.

Joohyun waits for Seulgi to say anything as they stare into each other's eyes. Heart beating thunderously inside her ribcages, she can’t read Seulgi's eyes at all, so she is desperate for Seulgi to say something.

Joohyun cannot dangle helplessly in this position forever. She has to know because if she doesn't, she won't be able to get past Seulgi's feelings.

‘I don’t understand’ Seulgi muttered. 'Why do you don’t want to be with her?’

‘I don’t love her –

‘You are Joohyun. You love her.’ Seulgi insisted.

‘I don’t!’ She stated it firmly. ‘What I felt towards her in the past was all platonic, it doesn’t hurt much when it comes to her, but,’ Joohyun paused, she is still debating whether she should lay everything out here right now. ‘It hurts more when it comes to you, I care more about you, Seulgi. I,’ taking a deep breath, 'want to be here’ She whispered her heart out, ‘with you’, Joohyun lost her strength because she was shaking internally.

'No, you don’t,’ Seulgi denied it fast, she even got up from the couch and took a step away. This is so sudden, it was too much for her to deal with everything. Joohyun can’t possibly be in love with her. not after what she had done.

Joohyun is here because she feels sorry for her. not because she loves her!

‘I do, Seulgi.’ Getting up, Joohyun tries to approach Seulgi. She knows this can make Seulgi confused, but she wants to let her ex-wife know. She was willing to try again with her.

Shaking her head ‘We can’t Joohyun.’

Clenching her fists, Joohyun didn’t expect Seulgi to be in denial this hard. ‘What do you mean by that?’

Seulgi eyebrows were knitted harder. ‘What do you mean, why?? Can’t you see how damaged I am??’

‘No, don’t give me that excuse, Seulgi’

‘Joohyun it’s not an excuse,’ she broke into tears, ‘I cannot be helped anymore… my family doesn’t acknowledge me, I am no longer a Kang. I can’t be with you. you deserve –

‘I don’t want anyone else!’ Joohyun shrieked, and she tried to calm herself. She tried to be rational, but she failed. Not when she saw how broken Kang Seulgi is, she doesn’t know Seulgi family abandoned her. what actually happened while she was away…

‘Please don’t run away… from me’ Joohyun plea, she is weeping as she reaches out to hold Seulgi.

Why did Seulgi talk about how damaged she is when Joohyun is practically standing alive with someone else's heart in her body. Joohyun felt it was so unfair that Seulgi could openly complain about it while she kept it all inside her.

Shutting her eyes, Joohyun let out a shaky breath as she spoke. ‘Let’s face this, Seulgi. Please, I know you feel the same.’ Grabbing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter