Three

Curse Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 3

 

 

3 of them sit down outside the convenient store. Jaehyun bought antiseptic and bandage to wrap Si An wound. He needs to dress it first before bring her to doctor for further treatment. He needs to know why they in such situation. Jungkook and Si An is not trouble-maker. They maybe mischievous always sneak out behind him but they did not fight 20 men for fun.

“We are just unlucky. We accidently bump into drunk men and they begin throw punch and kick at us. We try to run but we reach block end. One of them has knife and I don’t see it. Si An save me.” Jungkook explain. Si An be herself again. Cheerful and carefree person like how she normally behaves. She just listens to Jaehyun and Jungkook. This is not the first time for them to talk like she did not exist at all.

“I always tell you to stay focus and alert.... You are the one that need to protect her not the way around. Why both of you go out today?” Jaehyun scold Jungkook.

“It’s not his fault.....” Si An defend Jungkook.

“It’s his fault. If he did not follow what you said, you’re not hurt tonight.” Jaehyun said.

“If I don’t follow what she said, she will go alone.”

“That’s right....” Si An said makes both of them glare at her.

“She’s always the problem.” They both said in unison. They both agree in this. Si An smirk at both of them. Jaehyun begin nag at them. Si An and Jungkook remain silent. She pushed the wrong button. Jungkook sit down straight. Did not want to cross the line or do anything that could bring the strict Jaehyun become more serious. Si An and Jungkook exchange look.

‘My ear is bleeding’ they both thought.

Jungkook go home while Jaehyun send Si An home. Normally after school, Mr. Noh will fetch her from school. Today Jaehyun tell Mr. Noh not to come. He will send Si An home because they go to the library. Jaehyun just cover for Si An once again. If King Hwal knows about today event, he must be very upset. Jungkook and he will receive heavy punishment and his team will get punishment also because they fail to protect Princess Si An.

Jaehyun park his motorbike at the parking lot and walk with Si An. As usual Si An like to walk at the garden pathway when it night time. The street light is on dimly. It been covered by the tall tree. While on the tree the fairy light decorated it. The pathway light is dimly shining their pathway. This side of garden is always empty and quiet. Si An like walk here when she had trouble of sleeping at night.

“Do you want to talk what happen tonight?” Jaehyun asked when they are alone. He had a feeling that Si An don’t want Jungkook to know much. She looks up to him with a bright smile. She’s very good to disguise her worried with smile. No one could guess what she thinks but Jaehyun can see the different. If she had worried or trouble, she will smile and laugh more. Maybe that’s why people think she is cheerful kind of person. Actually Si An is timid and not easy for her to open up to someone else.

Si An shake her head and just look ahead of them. She takes a deep breath. The smell of Phytoncide always makes she feel so relaxing. Maybe this is why she likes this place. There is a hint of sweetness in the air from the flower blooming. Jaehyun called her ‘dog nose’ because she could smell thing in the air especially food.

“Are you really okay?” Jaehyun asked again because he did not believe her. How could she become so calm after what happen tonight? She almost blaze off a man to dusk. When she killed a demon 8 years ago, she couldn’t sleep for a week. Think that she maybe a demon or monster too. Once again Si An nod and smile.

“You worry too much, Jae.” She said in calm. Jaehyun hold her shoulder and look into her eyes. He is right. She just acted like she is strong and calm. Her eyes show him all.

“You’re not okay.” Jaehyun said but she just smirks at him. Dismiss him like he is wrong.

“Talking with you make me feel like I’m admitting that I’m a monster too.” She said in low voice. Her eyes are shining because of tears. She tried her best to hold her tears. Si An always cried alone. She never shows her weakness and emotion in front of others. She wearing a mask when she with other.

“You’re not a monster!” Jaehyun said but Si An just smirk at him. No matter what Jaehyun said she knows it better. She can feel it. She is no different from the demon she kill 8 years ago.

“Do you trust me?”

“I trust you but I don’t trust myself.” Si An know if Jaehyun did not come at the right time tonight, she maybe kill the man already. She heard his voice and it snap her off. How long before she completely lost? Jaehyun did not understand her right now. She’s like someone else. Si An that he know is not someone is pessimistic. She’s optimistic type of person. She can brush something off easily and never give up. But why tonight Si An is different?

“Just trust me, then.” Jaehyun said and Si An look up to him. Jaehyun always protect her and stay by her side when she got nobody. The same Jaehyun that could make her heart beat faster when she saw his smile. Jaehyun is Si An first love.

“Princess Si An, is that you?” Mrs. Hwang called from behind the bushes. She must taking a night stroll while waiting for Si An to come home.

“Yes. Captain Jung is here too.” Jaehyun said and let his hand go from Si An’s shoulder. He takes a step away from Si An.

Mrs. Hwang had a bad eye as she getting older. She couldn't see very well in the dark. King Hwal wants her to retired but she refused. She want to stay by Si An until her last brea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter