-THE END-

Curse Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

-Ending-

 

 

 

The night sky slowly too turn to bright as the sun rise at the horizon. The birds and insect chirping as the quiet night is past. Everything seems to go back to normal except Lee Si An no longer exist in this world. They can’t bring themselves to leave the place. Jaehyun are bleeding but his wound is not deep. Jungkook put his jacket on Jaehyun wound and press it to stop the bleeding.

After Ha Eun and Si An died, all demon are gone too. Rowoon and Taehyung did not feel different at all. 4 of them walk out from the forest. Rowoon and Jungkook help Jaehyun walking as they put his arm around their shoulder. King Hwal and Mrs. Hwang waits for them at the Palace.

They could guess it when they saw them coming back without her. Si An already told them what her plan is and they still hoping for the miracle. King Hwal falls on ground as he cried. His chest feel tighten and difficult for him to breath. Mrs. Hwang faint as she too weak to accept the truth. Everyone in the Palace become quiet. Some of them did not know what is going on as it was a special mission. Only a few knew.

Rowoon, Taehyung, Jungkook and Jaehyun go to the hospital for treatment. They all quiet and did not know what to do or say. There is a big hole in their heart. It feels empty.

Jaehyun stay at the ward for his injury but his heart hurt more than his body. He seems lost all his will to alive. He keeps looking at his own hand. Even though it clean already but he still could see her blood on his hand. He cried everytime he think of her last moment. He killed her with his own hand. He can’t move on. Connection between them is over. His world become quiet and he feel numb.

Jaehyun stay in hospital for a week. He come home and rest for a few more days. Mrs. Jung knows Jaehyun is quiet person but now he become more quiet. He also did not eat much. Jungkook, Rowoon and Taehyung can’t do much to help him. They try everything they could think of but to no avail.

In Palace King Hwal and Mrs. Hwang also likes Jaehyun. Everything they do remind them of Si An. Every corner of the Palace they could see she walks around. They feel like they could hear her laughter and voices too. A world without Si An is full with sadness and miserable. King Hwal announce to the public that Princess Lee Si An died because of illness. The whole country mourns for her.

They bury the empty coffin but this place will become her symbol that she is no longer with them. They all know and watch how she left. There is nothing left only her memories remain. Rowoon, Taehyung and Jungkook go back to their daily routine. They go to school and work as Elite Royal Guard. They come back but it never feels the same.

Jungkook cries when he looks at the empty table in front of him in the class. He lost his partner in crime. When he looks at his side, Jaehyun still can’t pull himself out of the darkness yet. Without Si An, he lost his sparring partner too. He never thought this before. Because of Si An, his life is full with colours. She always laughs, smile and cheer them up. Because of her, his life is fun too. Now she is gone, he seems did not know what his future anymore.

Rowoon and Taehyung know Si An for a while but the impact she bring to their life is bigger. Because of Si An, they found their own identity back and have future. They become ‘normal’ once again. They found a place that they could call home once again too. Rowoon look at the empty table in the class. He never thought that he could come to school again and live his life like ordinary people. Lee Si An become their saviour. She brings hope to their life. He looks at Jungkook. His heartbroken is greater than his. She grew up with them. Jungkook lost his best friend and ‘sister’.

Jaehyun ride his motorcycle to the beach where they come before. He walks on the beach as he looks at the wide open sea. He feels a bit better. He feel suffocate and frustrated. He want to do something to make it disappeared but he did not know. Talking with people did not bring any joy at all. They all show sympathy which it makes him feel worse. Staying at home makes him feel like he going crazy.

Tired of walking he sits down on the sand and just watch the sea while listen to the wave sound. He looks at his side like a habit. He cried again.

“Lee Si An....” He called her name as if she is there. He longing for her laughter and voice. He misses her very much again and again. Each day it becomes worse. Tears become his best friend now days. He always thinks he is a strong will person but after Si An gone he learn that he is a soft person too. His heartbroken is too much to bear. The most painful for him is his regret. He wishes he could undo his mistake. It must have different way.

“Hey....” Rowoon called. The sun almost set and the sky turns to yellowish orange. He did not know he been there for a long time. He comes alone. He sits down next to him.

“How do you know I’m here?” Jaehyun asked.

“I track your phone.” Rowoon honestly answer him. Jaehyun nods and look in front of him.

“Are you okay?” Rowoon asked and he shakes his head. That question is enough for him to shred tears again.

“You?” Jaehyun asked. Rowoon also shake his head. He will never feel the same again.

“What about your power? Do you still have it?” Rowoon nods.

“There is nothing change for me and Taehyung. We still have it. I don’t know if this might help you. I don’t want to give it to you because I’m afraid you might feel worse.”

“What is it?” Rowoon look at Jaehyun and he takes something out from his jacket.

“Si An left you a letter. She gave me this after she learns the truth about connection between you two. You know about the story she told you....?”

“What story?”

“The princess and the scar boy?”

“Yes.”

“That story is about your past life. The Princess is Lee Na Eun and the scar boy is Hwan. Na Eun reincarnate as Si An and Hwan as you. You should read the letter yourself.” Rowoon said and stand up.

“You should comeback to us again, Jung Jaehyun. I think Lee Si An want that too.” Rowoon added before he left him alone again. Jaehyun watch Rowoon walk away then he look at the letter. Slowly he opens it. He surprise when he see his picture with Si An. That picture taken when they date for the first time and it become their last too. His tears fall again. He wiped it with his hand and open the letter.

‘Jung Jaehyun...... My Jaehyun.’ The letter start and he could imagine her smile when she writes it. Si An always refer him as my Jaehyun when she feel proud of him and try to wiggling her out from scolding. She also calls him as my Jaehyun when she used aegyo.

‘What are you doing now? Are you in training? Or.... you are beating yourself up? Cut some slack for yourself. There is no need for you to treat yourself very hard and badly. This desicion is solely mine. If you want to blame someone blame me. I put the big burden on your shoulder. I’m sorry but Jaehyun-ah, I trust you and I know you will do it if it was my order. Only you could do it.

Do you still remember that story about princess and the scar boy? That story actually belongs to us in the past and our connection form because of our mistake. I learn this when I’m go back to the past in Lee Na Eun body. I was Lee Na Eun and the scar boy is Hwan which is you. What happen in the past repeated again because our unfinished story. Hwan should kill Na Eun to end the curse but he did not finish it. Instead Na Eun kills Hwan and everyone else. Na Eun begs Ha Eun to end her misery and that’s how Ha Eun becomes a demon.

I know what you feel because I’ve been there. I killed Hwan with my own hand. I feel his warm blood on my hand and saw he take his last breath. Since that day it becomes my nightmare. I don’t want to repeat Na Eun mistake. I know it sound selfish to you but what you do is different. You save me before I’m become a monster. I will kill everyone else that matter to you and me. You save Jungkook, Rowoon, Taehyung, my father, Mrs. Hwang, your mother and many more. What you do is greater than you think. They alive are because of you.

Jaehyun-ah, I want you to get back on your feet once again. You are done beating yourself up. That’s enough already. My Jaehyun is not that weak. You can think of me once a while. Remember our best moment only and forget all my embarrass moment. Don’t be too strict with Jungkook. He lost his partner in crime. He will be a good boy now.’ Jaehyun smile when he thinks of Jungkook and Si An. They are always there for him. Even after she has gone Si An still worry about him. This letter is scolding letter from her. Jaehyun smirk and he could imagine her face when she talks.

“I’m not forgetting you, Lee Si An. You will always in my heart.” Jaehyun says and he continued read the last part of the letter.

‘I’m sorry for not go date as many as I could with you.... When I think of future, I feel envy of your future girlfriend and wife.... I wish they are not as pretty as I am. But still I wish for your happiness. Move on and live your life to the fullest. I love you more than you know. Lee Si An.’

Si An never fail to put smile on his face even her letter is full with playful remark. He take a deep breathe and think of her again. He will move on and get back to his feet. He should never make Si An feel disappointed on him. It might not easy but he will try.

Jaehyun get back to his daily routine. He did not think much for now just take one step at a time. Only then he saw his friend also like him. They also miss her so much. Sometime when they sit down together, they always mention her name too. It becomes their habit to talk about her now and then. He feel less heartbroken when talks with them about her. They also remember her.

**5 Years Later**

Day by day went past by in a blink. It’s been 5 years since Si An left them. They all follow their own calling. They are all still working as Elite Royal Guard but in different department. Rowoon and Taehyung are incharge of training. Their power and speed helping many young recruit to be in their best. Jungkook become Jaehyun right man and his assistant. Jaehyun become the second in command for General Kim. He becomes the youngest the second in command in Royal Guard.

On his day off Jaehyun do nothing. He just walks around the city and cafe hopping. Beside that he likes to camping and spend his alone time with nature. There is one time when he was walking around the city, he think he saw Si An. He thinks he might be wrong or someone looks alike Si An. He tries to follow her but he lost of her in the middle of crowd. He knows he can be wrong but he just want to make sure he is wrong. Somehow deep inside his heart he was hoping for the miracle. He hope that Si An is live somewhere else.

Jaehyun still can’t open his heart to anyone. His heart still belongs to Lee Si An. That what his friend worry about. Will he stay alone for the rest of his life? Taehyung and Jaehyun are totally opposite. This two always make Rowoon and Jungkook feel dizzy. Rowoon have girlfriend before but break up because he too busy with his work.

Jungkook has a girlfriend now. Taehyung never be alone for a long time. He can’t have a long relationship with a woman. They just don’t understand the way he thinks. Why want to spend the rest of his life only with one woman. He can’t stay loyal to a woman but lucky he can loyal to his friend.

Today they all gather around at the camping site. Instead of going to Si An’s grave, they feel like they should do something to remember her on her death anniversary. It becomes their annually camping. They spend their night with drink, eating and taking about her.

“Tomorrow King Hwal will announce Lee Hui Jin as the crown prince.” Rowoon said. They all sit down closely to the fire pit. The night is a bit chilly around this time of the year. It winter but the snow haven’t fall yet. They don’t know when the first show fall is. Jaehyun take a sip of his beer instead of talking.

“Tomorrow will be busy.” Jungkook replied and Taehyung nod agree with him.

They all have different task for tomorrow Crown Prince Coronation but they all get involve at the event area. After Si An gone not even once Palace or the Royal family been attack by the demon. Baby girl are born peacefully without any incident.

“I’m working on the citizen area.” Jaehyun said makes Jungkook feel weird. Jaehyun are always with King Hwal and General Kim. Why tomorrow he working far from King Hwal?

“Wae?” Jungkook asked.

“That area is bigger than other and it needs more experiences Guard to stay there.” Jaehyun explain.

“Taehyung and I also work on that area.” Rowoon said. Only Jungkook work in monitor room as usual.

**

Jaehyun, Rowoon and Taehyung stand by at the audience area since morning while Jungkook in the monitor room. The other Royal Guard walking around the area to make sure there is no danger or suspicious person. Anything and anyone could happen today. They need to stay alert. The area begins to fill in with citizen even 2 hours before the event start. They never move an inch from the place they stand at. Only their eye and head are moving around to checks on people. Once a while, they communicate with Jungkook to check if he saw anyone suspicious.

The event starts when the MC announces the arrival of Crown Prince. Everyone clap and welcoming the new Crown prince to the Palace. Jaehyun also take a glance at Prince Lee Hui Jin. He was walking on the red carpet while his bodyguard on his side. The sight remind him of himself with Si An. He takes a deep breath. That time he was thinking maybe he should think of different path and career. Working in Palace will remind him of Si An. Stay away from Palace might make him forget about Si An and move on. He tries before. Take a month leave and go holiday at overseas. He has a lot of free time and it makes him thinks of Si An more. He thinks working maybe the best way to keep his mind busy so he won’t think much about her. That’s why he comes back and working again.

Suddenly someone was screaming and there is chaos at the front line. Jaehyun and Rowoon run to the front line immediately.

“Jungkook, what is happening?” Jaehyun called. Jungkook look through the monitor and saw a woman fight with a man. That man is twice big and taller than her.

“A woman and man are fighting....?” Jungkook said in unsure tone. The way the woman fight is different as if she was training in martial art. He was holding a gun. She was wearing black jacket with black skinny pant and black hat too. The style is so familiar.

“He holds a gun!” Jungkook alert them.

Jaehyun and Rowoon run and saw the man run away from the event when he saw Royal Guard come to him. The woman did not back down. She also runs after him.

“Excuse me!!” Jaehyun said and try to not hit people while running after the man and woman. Rowoon and Taehyung also run following Jaehyun. Jungkook is still in the monitor room. He asks his subordinate to access CCTV around the area. He tells them where to go.

At the main street, the man knocks on pregnant lady so the woman in black jacket quickly save the pregnant lady before her fall. Rowoon come from the opposite way and blocking the exit for the man in gun. He feel threaten so he quickly grab on the woman in black jacket to be his hostage. Her hat fall down when she try to save the pregnant lady and reveal her face.

Jaehyun and Taehyung help the pregnant lady to evacuate the place. Lucky she did not hurt. Jaehyun look up to the man and the woman. The man pointed the gun to her head.

“Don’t move....” The man said to all of them including the woman in his arm. She put her hand up in surrender.

Jaehyun heart almost drops out from his chest when he finally saw the woman face. She looks different but she is Lee Si An. His eye don’t play trick on him now. He knows he did not see her wrongly. Even Taehyung seem surprise when he saw her. She looks like a human again.

Rowoon walk slowly to Jaehyun side and saw the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter