Twenty

Curse Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 20

Si An look at them one by one. She wants to say something, but she knows she couldn’t. She shallow backs the words down . Ryu Dan warns her. Do not mess with anything from now on if she did not want something bad happen in the future. It’s her future too. Si An clench her teeth while looking down. It takes a lot of her energy to stop herself from talking.  

Ji Hun takes the King Lee Rin order even though he feels heavy. It’s his duty to protect the safety of their people and country. Ji Hun looks at Na Eun. She stands there without saying anything or showing her emotion but somehow, he could feel this is hard for her too. Na Eun always worried about Hwan every time they go to war. As always Ji Hun promises her to keep Hwan safe and sound. 

Ji Hun never told Na Eun or Hwan about his true feeling. He loves Na Eun more than a friend. He loses his timing to confess his feeling to Na Eun. When he knows Hwan and Na Eun love each other, he takes a step back and cheers for them. That’s why he pretends to like Na Eun and accept King’s order to engage with Na Eun. He thought only this way he could protect them. 

Before Ji Hun and Hwan leave the room, they look at Na Eun. She forces a smile and nod. This little gesture is enough for them to know what is in her mind. Sometimes it was easy to read Na Eun’s expression. They both bow at her formally. They saw tears in her eyes while she bites her lower lips a bit. 

If this is their last time for them to see each other, Na Eun did not want to send them away while crying. She wants them to see her smiling and she prays that they will come back to her safe and sound. Same goes to Hwan, he wants Na Eun to see him smiling even though it hard to stay compose and calm. No one's know what will happen at war, but he always remembers that Na Eun is waiting for him to come back.  

Ji Hun hears Hwan sigh heavily when they step out from the room. He can relate with him. Without saying anything he put his arm on Hwan shoulder. 

“I’ll keep you safe.... always and forever.” Ji Hun says with smiling. 

“I always have your back, General Jeon.” Hwan replies with smiles. As if Na Eun was there with them and they could hear what she said. 'Keep each other safe and come back to me.... both.' That's what Na Eun always told them.

“Abamama....” Si An called King Lee Rin. King Lee Rin is talking and discuss about the war at the border with other Ministers when Na Eun interrupts him. King Lee Rin looks at her surprise. It’s so unlike Na Eun at all. She never called him casually but warmly like that in front of Minister. She always calls him formally. 

“Excuse me for a while......” She asked desperately. King Lee Rin never saw Na Eun like this. She seems rushing and nervous about something. Does she really sincerely love and care about General Jeon? She never shows any emotion when she with Genral Jeon. She looks cold and indifferent.  

“Sure.” King Lee Rin gives permission. Na Eun runs out from the room. Si An knows this might be the last time for Na Eun to see them both. She run looking for them and saw them still walking in front of the bamboo garden. It’s near the front gate.  

“Hwan-ah......Ji Hun-ah....” Na Eun called while running. They both turn around and saw Na Eun running toward them. 

“Slowing down you will fall.” Hwan says but he’s glad to see her. He walks toward her to short the distance between them. She hear him but she did not care at all. Her heart longing for them. It just a few minutes only since they last saw each other but her heart feel pain for them. She saw Hwan smiles and she keep run toward him. She hugs him tight without saying anything. Hwan a bit surprise with her action. 

Ji Hun looks around them when he saw Na Eun hugging Hwan. Lucky there is no one here. He walks toward them but stopping a few yards from them. He gave them some privacy and turns his back to them. 

“Na Eun-ah....” Hwan called sweetly and soft. She catch her breath while looking up to him. 

“You will come back to me, right?” Na Eun asked. Hwan gave her smiles and brush her fringe aside. It became messy when she runs.  

“I always keep my promise, right?” Hwan says and she nod. Jaehyun too always keep his promise.  

“I won’t let you waits long.... I will come home fast.” Hwan says. 

“I love you....” Na Eun confess. Na Eun loves him as much as Si An loves Jaehyun. Why Si An feels like this is not about Na Eun? It feels like their unfinish love story. If it true, she is Na Eun, Hwan is Jaehyun and Ji Hun is Jungkook. Why that time Si An suddenly feels that way?  

“I love you too.” Hwan says. He bends down and kisses her lips. It was soft and short one. Si An did not see that coming when she know what Hwan did was over. It very quick and she did not have time to respond. Na Eun pull his collar and kisses him again. This time Hwan did not expect that. She kiss him properly. It was soft but warm and deep kiss too.  

Ji Hun looks behind him and saw the love bird is kissing. He shakes his head and fake coughs. They must stop before someone saw them. 

Hwan broke the kiss first. He kisses her cheek before he takes a step away from her. They must keep their distance. They are in Palace. Even wall have ear and eye. She let her heart take lead and when her head in command she finally can see where they are stand now. She walks toward Ji Hun and Hwan follow.  

“I know.... I will keep your Hwan safe.” Ji Hun says makes Na Eun shake her head slowly. 

“I want you to be safe too. Keep each other safe and come back to me.” Na Eun says while holding Ji Hun's hand. The fate of their people and country are in his hand. Ji Hun smiles because he already knows what Na Eun might tell them. 

“Your wish is my command.” Ji Hun answered makes Na Eun smile.  

She watch them leaving with heavy heart. She stands there for quite some time until Jangmi come. 

“His Majesty looks for you.” Jangmi says broke the peace in Si An mind. Now everything is out from her hand. There is nothing she could do to stop anything. From now on everything is following the nature course, exactly as in history.  

The only question still remain in her mind is, how did Ha Eun carry the curse? What did Na Eun do until she could die? As she know there is nothing could kill her because she is very powerful and immortal.  

Since the day Ji Hun and Hwan left to the front line of war, Na Eun and King Lee Rin receive news about the war every day. At the same time Hwan send letter for Na Eun too. Ha Eun meet Na Eun almost every day to hear news about Hwan. Na Eun did not tell her about Hwan’s letter but she just give her the same report she got from the front line. 

About 2 week later, King Lee Rin receives report from Magistrate Cho saying that their village were under attacked from pirates. King Lee Rin did not know who he wants to send to help them while all of his trusted warriors were gone to fight the war. He was looking at Na Eun and asked her opinion.  

“Send me there. I will lead our soldier and protect our people.” Na Eun answered makes everyone in the court surprise including King Lee Rin. He felt heavy to give order to his Crown Princess. Si An did not answer that. It was Na Eun. She did not have control on Na Eun body anymore since the day Ji Hun and Hwan left. Everything happen now is totally on Na Eun.  

King Lee Rin let out a deep and heavy sigh. He was looking at his only child. He looks worry and upset with Na Eun. Si An know what is in Na Eun mind. She was confident and aware of her ability. Na Eun knows that she could fight the pirates alone.  

“Let the Crown Princess lead our soldier. She will gain trust from our people, and they will support her when she takes the crown.” Finance Minister Nam says. The other Minister also agrees with him.  

“I let you go and bring victory to us.” King Lee Rin told Na Eun. Na Eun nods and bow at him. She left the court and get ready for the war. 

Na Eun did not let Jangmi come with her. She did not want to put Jangmi in danger too. Si An know what will happen there but Na Eun did not. At dawn when Na Eun ready to leave with their soldiers, Ha Eun come standing in front of her horse.  

“Take me with you.” Ha Eun says. 

“Why should I?” 

“Because you can’t win without my help.” Ha Eun confidently says. Quenn In Soo’s family has their own private soldier. Ha Eun wants to help Na Eun and protect their people.  

Most people thought that Lee Ha Eun is a noble daughter that did not know anything about misery of their people, but Ha Eun is not oblivious. Ha Eun aware what is happening around her. She can see what General Jeon, Deputy Jung and Na Eun relationship are. Whenever she with them she can see that they are pretending. Three of them are very close and comfortable around each other. If Ha Eun only looking at Na Eun maybe she can’t tell anything, but General Jeon and Deputy Jung are bad actor.  

She’s been pretending that she did not know or care about anything for too long. She wants to get out from the jail she been putting. She wants to show her true self.  

“It’s not safe....” Na Eun told her, but she can see in Ha Eun’s eye that she is determined.  

“I won’t stand on your way. I’ll be right at your back. I’ll be your help.” Ha Eun says. Na Eun takes a deep breath. It’s true that she need help right now. She can’t win without her no matter how great her ability is. The villager need help from soldier to help the injury one and build their vilaage again.

“Dress up.” Na Eun told her, and she finally smile. Na Eun gets down from her horse. She told her right man to bring extra armour for Ha Eun. 

“You smile? Do you like it that much?” Na Eun asked. She speaks sincerely from her heart. Ha Eun can feel warm in her words. Ha Eun nods innocently like a young child get candy. 

“Na Eun-Ah, I want to be like you. Always know what to do and confident.” Ha Eun speaks up for the first time. She always careful and tense when she with Na Eun but actually she really looks up to Na Eun.  

Na Eun smile and shake her head slowly. Why before this they never talk from heart to heart? They always check on each other and treat likes they are rival. Why before this they never treat each other sincerely as a sister? Have a little trust on each other. Maybe they could gain something much bigger than this.  

“Stand behind me always.” Na Eun told Ha Eun when she straps her armour on. Ha Eun nods. 

After that they march on to the fishing village. Their journey takes 2 days. Na Eun leads while Ha Eun watching their back, once a while Na Eun will check on Ha Eun. Ha Eun did not fit as Na Eun and she feel tired very fast. They will stop at night only to rest. Na Eun will keep Ha Eun close with her. 

That night is full moon. Na Eun feels the urge for the first time. She was 6 months away from her 18th birthday. Si An can understand how difficult and confuse Na Eun was. She’s trying her best to fight the urge. There are so many innocent people out there. They all come here from the capital following her command. They are someone father, son and husband. Their family waiting for them at home just like how she waits for Hwan and Ji Hun. Na Eun has to protect them all.  

Si An can’t say or do anything for Na Eun. She just watches her struggling. Na Eun sits down at the corner while hugging her knees together. She keeps all the whisper out from her mind. She keeps thinking of Hwan only.  

“Na Eun... I know what you feel. I have the difficulty to fight it back too. I want you stay strong and just think of someone you love very dearly. Strangely that will become your source of energy.” Si An says and she hope Na Eun could hear it from her mind.  

The next day, Na Eun stands outside of her camp looking at the soldier. They all get ready to continue their journey. Na Eun hopes they will arrive at the village at dusk. Ha Eun come out from her camp and saw Na Eun quietly watching their soldier packing up. There is something different about her this morning. She looks trouble and deeply absorbed in thought. 

 “Good morning.” Ha Eun greets her. Na Eun turns to her side to looks at Ha Eun. She smiles a little. Ha Eun a bit surprise when she saw Na Eun’s eye color lighter than usual. It’s brownish amber.  

“Na Eun-ah, are you sick? Can you see properly?” Ha Eun asked. Na Eun feels confused with her question. 

“I’m fine. I just don’t sleep well last night.” Na Eun answered. 

“Your eyes.... It changes color. You should check up with Royal Physician when we come back.” Ha Eun told her but Na Eun just nods. Dismiss her worry as if nothing is wrong.  

Na Eun could feel that her eye is different this morning. She can see far more than usual. Almost all her sense is super sensitive than usual. She can smell moldy and musky dirt and the air smell salty. They are closer to the sea now. She can hear someone talking as if they are close with her. When Ha Eun was standing close with her, she can hear her heartbeat. Si An can understand why this happen so fast for Na Eun. She has Ryu Dan’s power and carries the curse before she put the curse on someone else. This is why Ha Eun powerful than usual demon. She’s carried Na Eun curse and power.  

After done with packing up they continue their journey. Na Eun could smell strong scent of blood in the air as they get closer to the village. She clenches her fist tight to fight the urge to taste blood. When she looks around her, the sound of heartbeat is overwhelming.  

“Fight the urge, Na Eun. You can do it. You’re stronger than you thought.” Na Eun tells herself this as like a prayer.  

** 

Jangmi did not have much work to do since Na Eun is not around. She helps the other maid to kills time. She walks at the main court when she saw Ji Hun and Hwan coming. She surprise because they come back faster than they thought.  

“Jangmi....” Ji Hun called her with smiles. Glad to see her as soon as they come. 

“You’re come back faster than our thought.” Jangmi said. Hwan look around for Na Eun since Jangmi is here with them. Jangmi notice his eyes then she sigh. 

“Princess Na Eun is not here, in Palace.” Jangmi says makes Hwan focus on her.  

“Where is she?” Hwan asked. Looking at Jangmi face makes him feel nervous. It seems like bad news. 

“She leads our soldier to fight pirates.” Jangmi explain. Hwan and Ji Hun surprise with this news. They know Na Eun might good in fighting but leading the soldier is different matter. War is not the same as fighting a thief. It’s nasty, bloody and chaotic.  

“What do you mean, Jangmi? Why nobody inform us about this?” Ji Hun asked. 

“Because Princess Na Eun volunteer and we thought you can’t come to help the villager.” 

“Then why are you here? Why are you not coming with her?” Hwan asked this time. 

“She did not allow me to come.”  

“When she left?” Hwan asked.  

“Yesterday morning.” Ji Hun and H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter