Eight

Curse Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 8

 

 

 

 

The dawn is near when Si An come back to Palace. Time just pass so fast when she on training. It drains her energy too. She was walking at the garden when she bumps into a few Royal Guards. They just walk past her after greet her. Si An stand at the higher ground at the garden, she could see the sun is rising.

“I need sleep but you already come out. As usual you look pretty today as well.” Si An whining at the empty air. She takes a deep breath. Fill her lung with fresh air.

“You’re early today....” Jaehyun speak from behind her. Si An surprise and feel nervous immediately. Is he knows that she is not in Palace the whole night?

“You too? What are you doing here?” Si An asked in panic.

“I come to bring fresh clothes for my father. I thought maybe I could go to school together with you today.”

“Aaa...Sure.” Si An answered in relieved. 

Jaehyun looks at Si An properly and she wearing sweatshirt and pant. Is she goes out for a jog this morning? Is she couldn’t sleep because of the dream too? Si An did not say anything else. She just stands there looking at the sun. She knows how to appreciate every little thing. Since young, Si An already counter a few times near death experiences may be that’s why she feels more grateful for each day. Sometime he couldn’t understand or read her mind. Sometime she feels like a stranger. Sometime he feels so close and understands her more than anyone else in this world.

Si An take a warm bath and notice that her body is full with bruises. She thought her body could heal faster but it slow this morning. She wears jacket and long sock to cover bruises on her leg. Lucky her face is safe, just her lips a bit hurt. She could hide it with lips balm. She did not eat breakfast. She doesn’t have feel to eat. She wants to sleep more than ever.

“Let’s go.” Si An said when she saw Jaehyun stand near his motorbike.

“You look tired. Did you don’t sleep well last night?”

“Hmm...”Si An answered nonchalantly while wear her helmet. Si An hug Jaehyun close and tight this morning. Jaehyun feel that maybe Si An really disturbed with the dream. Because he feel that way too. If he could he wants to stay close with her 24 hours. Protect her and be with her. Jaehyun hold her hand when they stop at the red light. Her hand feels so cold so he put her hand in his jacket. 

This morning too she walks while dragging her feet to class. She slump and lean on her chair immediately after put her bag down on the floor. She really want to take sleep even though it just for a minute. Her eyes feel so heavy.

“Wake me up later.” Si An told Jaehyun. She put her head rest on the table. Si An used her hand as pillow. Jaehyun saw her wrist bruise so he pulls up the sleeves to see how badly is the bruises. Si An did not aware Jaehyun saw her bruise. What is she doing?Is Si An keeping a secret from me?

Right before the bell ring, Jaehyun wake Si An up. Jaehyun take a glance on her bruise wrist again. It disappeared. Jaehyun know that Si An's body could heal faster than anyone. So he couldn't help it to wonder if she hurt more than what he see. Si An stretched to wake up her tired body. She feels a bit better after taking a quick nap. Si An feel like someone was sitting next to her so she turn to her side. She was so surprise when she saw a stranger.

She was so beautiful. Her skin is pale and flawless like a marble. Her hair is long dark red burgundy. She turns and looks at Si An. Her eye is green amber colour. Si An immediately know, she is demon. She smile and reveal her fangs like a vampire.

“Si An!! Lee Si An!!” Jaehyun called and she heard his voice but her eye glued on the demon. She can’t move. She paralyzed.

“It’s nice to meet you, Lee Si An. I’m Lee Ha Eun....” She smiles. Lee Ha Eun sound so familiar. Is she the Lee Ha Eun? Lee Ha Eun, the beginning of the curse.

“What you want?” Si An asked. Si An feel scared because Jaehyun, Jungkook and everyone life could be in danger right now. She must do something. She must fight and move.

“Nothing....for now. I just want to say hai.”

“Lee Si An!!!” Jaehyun called and she could feel his warm hand on her shoulder. Is this dream? If this dream she must wake up.

“I will come and meet you again....later.” Ha Eun said and disappeared. Si An blink her eyes and she could see Jaehyun in front of her. Everyone is not in the class. Hyun Woo and Jin young guard the door while the curtain is draw to cover the windows. Jungkook stand by her side, ready.

“What happen?” Si An asked Jaehyun. She’s in confused why only them in class.

“You are changing.....” Jaehyun said.

“I’m changed?” She asked.

Jaehyun wake Si An up and she did not wake up immediately. She looks around the class with her eyes turn to golden amber. She smile and reveal her fang. She looks like she wants to kill everyone in the class. Jaehyun immediately asked Hyun Woo and Jin Young to evacuate everyone. Close the door and window so no one could see what actually happen.

This is first time for Jaehyun saw Si An has fang. Hyun Woo and Jin Young a bit shocked when they saw Si An change. They thought all of the stories they heard is not true. It’s just a rumour only but when they saw with their own eyes. It was a shocking truth.

Do I dream? I think I saw Lee Ha Eun here. She want to tell Jaehyun that but the words stuck in . Si An did not know which is true. Is she dream or Ha Eun really in front of her? Is this how Ha Eun communicated with her? What actually happen? Is this what Rowoon tell her before? Her power will become unstable. Si An looks at Jaehyun. Her heart suddenly shrinks with fear. What if next time she lost it and kills everyone?

“Are you okay?” Jaehyun asked then Jungkook stand behind Jaehyun. Si An smiles a little trying her best to not shed a tear. The fear is real. What Rowoon said is true. Just in split second she could lost her mind and kills everyone including Jaehyun, Jungkook, Hyun Woo and Jin Young. Si An look at them, one by one.

“I think I should leave.....” Si An said. She must be alone. She can't be near with anyone including Jaehyun and Jungkook. They can't fight her. 

“Okay.” Jaehyun said.

Jaehyun takes his hoody off and give it to Si An. Si An wear it and cover her head with hoody. Hyun Woo carry Si An’s bag. Jin Young open the back door and let Jaehyun and Si An walk pass. Jungkook walk in front of them while Jaehyun and Jin Young walk by her side to cover her. Hyun Woo call the Principles to inform her that Si An is not well. She will leave the school immediately with her bodyguard.

“I will meet you at Palace.” Jaehyun told Jungkook, Hyun Woo and Jin Young. They will follow Jaehyun and Si An from behind. Si An stay silent but her mind is so noisy. She can’t stop thinking about Lee Ha Eun and what Jaehyun told her.

Her birthday is not far away anymore. It’s just 6 months from now. Will she become more unstable? She must master her power as soon as possible. She can’t effort to delay her training anymore. School is not important now. She must away from anyone right now. She needs to do something, fast.

Arrived at palace, King Hwal and General Jung come to her room. Mrs. Hwang is there also to take care of her. Si An just told them that she feel unwell and she want to rest. Jaehyun and Jungkook stand by at their own place. They know exactly what Si An going through right now. Jaehyun already brief Hyun woo and Jin Young to keep this as a secret. No one should know about this. Jaehyun only think about Si An’s safety.

Si An called Maid Choi when she was left alone. She told Maid Choi about today incident.

“Can you meet me?” Maid Choi asked.

“I don’t think I could go out today. Everyone is on alert and stand by outside my room.”

“Okay. I will think of other plan.” Maid Choi said and end the call.

When the night fall, Si An sit down on the sofa and think what she should do. She looks out the window for the Royal Guard. She can’t sit down doing nothing. She feels restless so she calls Rowoon.

“Can you wait for me at the same place about an hour from now?”

“What you want to do, Si An-ah?”

“I need to find out who is Lee Ha Eun.”

“Now might not a good idea for you to act reckless. Think carefully. I can understand why you feel restless but you need to be calm.”

“Rowoon-ah, please. Other people might don’t understand but not you. I don’t want to wait until something happen.”

“But Si An-ah...”

“Please, Rowoon.” Si An begs.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter