Twenty One

Curse Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter  21

    

 

“Si An.... Lee Si An.....” Jungkook called and Si An blink her eyes. feels so dried as if it full of sand. She can’t let out a sound at all. 'I'm back.'  Si An thought.

“You.... are.... here.” Si An says in hoarse voice after trying a few times. Jungkook cried and run to her. He hugs her tight.

“What takes you so long?” Jungkook says relief while crying.

“Kookie -ah.... I can’t breaths.” Si An says in a small voice when he almost crushes her ribs. Her body still feels painfully stiff too.

“Mian... Mian....” Jungkook let her go and wiped his tears away. Who know the best Elite Royal Guard are crying baby. Si An just smiles at him. Feel funny and fascinating seeing him after knowing that they were once a fiancé and best friend in their past life.

Jungkook feels so happy and glad that Si An finally open her eyes after unconscious for a month. Her heart stop beating 3 times and each time she manages to survive and get out from the danger zone. The most recently are last night. This morning doctor tells them to prepare for the worst. They afraid her heart can’t make it as her body getting weaker too. They afraid if what doctor say become their reality.

Jungkook give water to Si An and let her sit down. Si An could feel that her body slowly healing. Why all this time it did not heals? Jungkook says her wound bleeding on its own as if Si An keep her body moving. Jungkook inform everyone about the happy news. Jaehyun just go home when Si An wakes up. He stayed in the hospital since last night. After Jungkook insist, finally he go home. He comeback to hospital as soon after he change his clothes.

Jaehyun come to the hospital about the same time as Rowoon and Taehyung too. Si An looks at them one by one and she cried. She saw what happen in the past. She feels sad and glad at the same time. Past is in the past. There is nothing she could do anymore. This is their present and future. Si An will do whatever it takes to prevent the mistake they do in the past.

“Wae....? Wae...?” Jungkook asked panicky when he saw Si An cried. Si An shake her head slowly.

“I’m happy......” Si An answered makes Jungkook grin.

“Lee Si An.......” He called her names. Strangely she feels happy to hear her own names. She been longing for it.

Jaehyun did not say anything instead he just stand there looks at her. He feels so relieved and happy that Si An finally come back to him. Si An also looks at him with a bright smile. She misses him so much.

“Sorry I’m a bit late, right?” Si An says makes Jaehyun shake his head slowly.

“As long as you come back to me....” Jaehyun said then he looks around them.

“Us.” Jaehyun added more makes they all smiles. Understand what he mean.

King Hwal can’t come since he at overseas for his duty. Mrs. Hwang comes not long after Jungkook inform everyone. While they are talking Si An recover fully. That late afternoon, Si An discharge from hospital miraculously. Doctor still can’t believe it when they check on her again. She’s good as if nothing happens to her.

As soon as Si An discharge from hospital, the first place she went is General Jung memorial place. She pays her last respect to him.

“I’m sorry, I’m a bit late. Thank you for saving us that night....” Si An says as she looks at her side. Rowoon and Taehyung stay by her side while Jaehyun and Jungkook wait for her at the entrance. They still need to do their duty even though they are not working since Si An is with them.

“There is something I want to tell you both.... I know how to end this curse.” Si An says makes Rowoon and Taehyung surprise and curious.

“We could talk about this later. You just come out from hospital. We still have time.” Rowoon replied. He can see something was in Si An mind since she wakes up. She not that happy at all.

“Rowoon is right. We can talk about it later. Now just enjoy this moment.” Taehyung says after he saw Si An and Rowoon. This duo is a worrywart. For once he really wants to see this two being like how the other behave around their age.

“Are you sure about it?” Si An asked Taehyung with a meaningful grin.

“I don’t like how you smile, Si An-ah.” Rowoon says makes Si An and Taehyung giggle.

Si An lead the way to the entrance and meet Jaehyun and Jungkook there. Jungkook did not like when he saw Si An smiles. That’s smile of her means trouble.

“Whatever in your mind, don’t do it.” Jungkook whisper when he walks by her side. Si An shake her head. Jaehyun walk in front of them. He did not sense anything wrong yet. They get in the car.

“Let me drive.” Rowoon begin their mischievous plan. Jaehyun looks at him first then to everyone.

“You should sit behind with Si An. I’m sure you have a lot of things you want to talk about.” Taehyung helps to accomplish their plan. Jaehyun feel awkward to answered him. Yes, it true he has a lot of things to talk about, but he prefers says it when they are alone. Without saying anything Rowoon just take the keys from Jaehyun. Rowoon on driver seat while Taehyung by his side.

Rowoon look at Si An through the rear mirror and their eyes met. Si An nods give him the permission to carry their plan. Si An already inform Mrs. Hwang about her plan. At first, she did not agree with her but after what Si An says Mrs. Hwang finally agree. ‘Enjoy your night, Princess Si An.’ Mrs. Hwang said.

Rowoon drive to their destination. Si An look down at first since she did not know what to says. Three of them suddenly fell into awkward silent. Si An seat in between of Jungkook and Jaehyun. She saw Jungkook’s hand. He clasps it together and wrap around his knee, awkwardly. She never notices this before. His hand is big but slender compared to her hand. She smiles when she looks at her own hand. He has pretty hand for someone always holding gun and punching sandbag. Then she looks at Jaehyun’s hand.

Jaehyun politely cross his hand while rest it on his lap. He has long and lean finger. It looks delicate and pretty too. Their hand did not show that they always training punching sandbag. The only thing obvious is their vein on their arm. They look so manly.

“What should we eat later?” Taehyung asked breaking the awkward silent at the back seat. Si An looks up to him.

“Meat!” Si An says makes Taehyung grin widely, agree with her answered.

“That’s why I love Lee Si An.” Taehyung replied makes Jaehyun cough up. He surprises when he hears how easy for Taehyung to says something like that. Rowoon and Si An get used to how easy-going Taehyung are. They just laugh it off. Jaehyun look at Si An with his big round eyes. He did not okay with Taehyung confess.

“Chill, bro.” Jungkook says makes Jaehyun let out a deep sigh. Si An laugh see his reaction. Did he just jealous?

“He did not mean in romantic way......” Rowoon explain when he saw Jaehyun reaction from rear mirror. Everyone is okay with Taehyung way of speech but not Jaehyun. He still a bit old fashion kind of man. Maybe Hwan is inside him? Think of Hwan makes Si An’s heart clench with pain and guilty.

Jungkook also saw something in Si An since she wakes up. She has secret. From time to time, she tries to act like nothing happen, but it occupied her mind. Jungkook sure Jaehyun also see it, but he just plays along with her. Their connection is deeper than ever now.

Jaehyun could feel his heart ache and discomfort since Si An wakes up. He knows there is something in her mind. Her every move is different now. She put a smile on her face to disguise, but she can’t fool him. Even now he knows Si An plan something with Rowoon and Taehyung. The way she smiles is different.

When Rowoon park their car at the carpark, they just get out without saying anything. Si An choose this place because she wants to stay close with beach. Maybe the beautiful view could take away her worry for a while.

“Live in the moment.” Taehyung says to Si An when they stand in front of the resort main gate. She nods and smile at him. Taehyung is warm and considered person. They will stay here for couple of days. Excuses Si An give Mrs. Hwang is she want to rest here, away from the Palace. She wants to spend times with her friend and she will come home when King Hwal home too.

They walk to their lodging place. This place is big but they book the whole resort for Si An only. Mrs. Hwang want this vacation privately for her.

“I’m sure Mrs. Hwang already take care everything for you.” Jaehyun says when he opens the villa door. Jaehyun surprise when he saw there is nothing for her.

“It’s okay, we could buy anything we need at supermarket nearby.” Si An says but Jaehyun did not agree with her. Going out in public could be danger for her. They did not have enough Royal Guard to protect this big resort too.

“But....”

“If you are that worry you all could stay here in one room with me. But Jaehyun –ah did you forget who I am?” Si An says in savage way makes Jaehyun sigh then shake his head. Jungkook, Rowoon and Taehyung did not say anything. They just watch them bickering. What Si An says is true. She is more than capable to protect herself. Instead, maybe they will seek her protection.

“Your power is useless against human in the public.” Jaehyun remind her once again. She really couldn’t win against him. Whatever he said is true. She can’t reveal her true self in front of public because of her status.

“Let’s shopping!” Si An change the topic.

“Kaja!” Jungkook said. Jaehyun glare at Jungkook for taking her side.

“She is princess, and we are her subject after all. Her words are our command.” Jungkook reasonable with Jaehyun. Jaehyun still did not happy with his answer, so he slaps Jungkook’s back. Jungkook clench his teeth and muffle his scream.

“I’m may a princess for other but I’m your friend. Always remember that.” Si An says while looking at Jungkook then to every one of them. Rowoon know what Si An trying to say. They are her close friend and maybe her blood brother too. Because in situation they have now, only Si An could save them and she need them to fight along.

“I always know that. Beside that I’m your partner in crime too.” Jungkook says makes Jaehyun shake his head again. He faster goes to Si An side, away from Jaehyun before he slaps his back again. Today, there is so many things make him upset.

Since everyone agree with Si An, Jaehyun has to follow them too. When they walk in supermarket, he keeps look around them. The other did not worry about anything. The more they behave differently in the public the more people will take interest. It’s good to behave as usual. Hide in the plain sight.

“Chill bro. You make people keep looking at us. Stop being a Stiff. There is no threat here. No one know Si An go out from the hospital yet.” Jungkook told Jaehyun.

“I know that, but it did not do any harm to be more careful, right?”

“Stop worry too much. If something goes wrong us can protect her. If there is demon, 3 of us could handle that.” Rowoon told Jaehyun. Once again Jaehyun let out a deep sigh. He can’t stop worry about her safety. Human or demon he can’t let anything happen to her again. He doesn’t want to lose someone he loves again. NOT AGAIN.

“Stop arguing. Just think what you want to eat tonight.” Si An told them all. Jaehyun walk by her side while Rowoon pushing the shopping cart. As they keep walks looking around, Si An keep reaching to something and put it in the cart.

“Yahh.... Stop this.” Rowoon say to Si An makes Jaehyun glare at him. He did not like how Rowoon tone while talking with Si An but for her it normal.

“Wae...? I need this.” Si An say with aegyo makes Jungkook surprise. It's rare for Si An to showing this side of her. Normally she did it without she knows, naturally. She really comfortable with Rowoon and Taehyung.

“Slipper? At that place give you slipper already.” Rowoon argue.

“I don’t like it colour. I like this.” They just watch Si An trying to find reason with Rowoon. It seems like a spoil daughter asking her father to buy toys that she have already. Jungkook and Taehyung shake their head.

“Should we buy this instead?” Jungkook asked Taehyung to buy more snacks. Did not bother to watch and listen to spoil Si An and another Stiff Rowoon.

“Call.” Taehyung says and walk away to find something else.

“Can you talk a bit soft with Si An?” Jaehyun told Rowoon. Si An look at Jaehyun then to Rowoon. She saw Taehyung and Jungkook walking away looking for more snack. She smiles when she listens to Rowoon and Jaehyun argue then Taehyung and Jungkook did not bother to listen to their childish argument. 4 of them seem so close. Maybe while she unconscious they get to know each other.

Si An walk away from Rowoon and Jaehyun, she joins Taehyung and Jungkook.

“Si An....” Jaehyun stop talking when he suddenly realises Si An is not by his side anymore. He looks around and saw she with Jungkook and Taehyung. She just being herself. Lee Si An never change a bit. She can be very carefree and easy going at times.

“Jaehyun-ah, I know what make you worry. I’m worry about her too but have a little faith in her. She more mature than us actually.”

“I know but I still did not like how you talk with her.” Jaehyun says and follow Si An, Jungkook and Taehyung.

“This is how you talk with your friend....” Rowoon also follow him.

“Friend or not.... I still don’t like.” Rowoon shake his head. Jaehyun love Si An very much.

They come back to their lodging place. The owner of the resort already prepare fire for them to start their BBQ dinner. Si An eat a bit only lunch time. She feels hungry already. As soon as they arrive, Jaehyun tell them what to do.

“I will cook Ramyeon, 5 pack is enough?” Jungkook asked before Jaehyun tell him what to do.

“It should be enough.” Jaehyun answered.

“You should cook extra. Si An eat more than you know.” Rowoon said when he hears Jaehyun and Jungkook conversation.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter