Eleven

Curse Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 11

ROWOON FLASHBACK

 

Rowoon look at Si An when she fall asleep. Sometime Si An remind him of Ji A. They have similarity. Ji A is very happy go lucky kind of person. It’s so easy to make she laugh and smile. She likes to hear him talking even thought it so nonsense. She just laughed it out loud but she finds Rowoon is fun.

Rowoon still remember how he start realise that he is falling in love with her. At first Rowoon did not realise it. He thought they just close friend and knew each other so well. They’re basically grown up together since they go to school together since elementary school. Ji A’s friend becomes his friend too but Rowoon still think that Ji A is his best friend. They become unseparated when they in high school. Their friend called them; 1+1. Wherever Rowoon go there is Ji A.

One day, Ji A told Rowoon that she like one of the boy. He from other class and Rowoon know the boy too. At first Rowoon feel different when Ji A told him that. He feels uncomfortable and suffocated as if something bother him but he can’t figure it out.

Ji A not a very patient person and she take action rather than thinking too much. She is optimistic too. She thinks if the boy likes her too then they could go date and if the boy rejects her then she could move on. Sometime Rowoon did not understand how Ji A thinks. She did not feel embarrass if she think what she do is the right thing.

“Being in love with someone love you back is miracle. That’s why finding a true love is hard and it only once in a lifetime. That’s what I believe.” Ji A told him once when he asked her why she would ask the boy to go out with her.

“Don’t you feel embarrass if he reject you?”

“Ask someone to go out with you if not breaking any rules or law. Why should I feel embarrass? Don’t chicken out before you try your best. You only could give up until you give your best. Only then you won’t feel regret.” Ji A told him with smile on her face. She is so confident. Rowoon shake his head and smirk. Ji A is in her own world and philosophy but what she said is true indeed. Don’t be so easy to give up. Like someone is not wrong or illegal.

The following week, Ji A meets the boy and confess. Rowoon watch from far. He still thinks it not the right thing. He feels uncomfortable watching Ji A confess to the boy. The boy is not a bad person but he could see that they are very different. The percentage he would say no to her is more than 90%.

Rowoon turn his back on them and walk away. He doesn’t want to watch it because he knows what the outcome is. Then suddenly he feels heavy to leave her. She must feel heartbroken and sad if the boy reject her. He stops walking then suddenly he hears a joyful scream from behind. He turns around and saw that Ji A smiling. The boy is smiling shyly at her.

Since that day on, Ji A spend more time with the boy and he feel missing something in his life. He feels angry and sad when he saw Ji A with the boy. Rowoon power also goes on and off like a flickering light. He can’t control his power most of the time. Ji A know about his secret. She saw him turn a few times but she remains stay by his side.

Rowoon did not understand why he feels uncomfortable, angry and sad at the same and it almost feels so suffocated. Rowoon fall sick one day. His parent is not at home since they’re working. Ji A come to his house and ring the bell a few times including calls him too. Ji A know there is something is not right. Rowoon won’t go AWOL on her. She keeps ring the bells and knocks on the door until he open the door. Ji A so surprise when she saw Rowoon is sick. He’s as pale as white sheet. Ji A know Rowoon can’t go to hospital. Afraid if he might turns and hurt people around him. His power is uncontrollable and unpredictable.

Ji A take him back to his room then she run out to buy medicines for him and come back to nurse him. Ji A cooked porridge for him too. He need to eat something before eat his medicine. Ji A did not hear her phone since she so occupied with Rowoon. Her boyfriend looks for her but not even once she thinks about him. She just worried about Rowoon only.

“Rowoon-ah....wakes up.” Ji A wakes him up so he could eat some porridge and medicine. Rowoon wake up and saw Ji A right in front of him. He feels relieved and glad that she did not leave him alone. That day he feels that he needs her so much. Rowoon thought after she helps him go back to his room, she leave since today is weekend. She has dated that day. She was wearing blue checkers dress and she style her hair perfectly too. She looks so beautiful that day. It’s rarely to see Ji A put effort in her style. She likes to wear something simple and comfortable likes jeans with T-shirt.

That time Rowoon suddenly realise something. He needs Ji A and he wants her to be by his side. Rowoon keep looking at her.

“Rowoon-ah....” Ji A called his name and he waking up from his own thought. He saw Ji A holding the spoon in front of him. He smile and eat the porridge.

Ji A spends the whole day with Rowoon. She keeps her eyes on him. She knows that Rowoon did not like to eat medicine. They stay in the living room after late lunch and watch movie. Only then Ji A remembered about her dated. She looks at Rowoon first but she just let it slide. She could explain about it later to her boyfriend. Rowoon need her for now.

While they’re watching TV, Ji A falls asleep on the sofa. Rowoon look at her. There is nothing he could see or hear except his own heart beats and Ji A. He become sure and clear what his want. He did not realise when did he fall in love with Ji A but he know that he really care for her. Maybe all this time he confused with what he feel. He thought he care for her but actually he really loves her.

Rowoon and Ji A fall asleep the whole afternoon. Ji A wakes up when Rowoon’s mother come home. She told her that Rowoon fall sick and he is better now. Rowoon’s mother thanks Ji A and watch her leave. Rowoon’s mother cooks Rowoon favourite food, Bulgogi. His father comes home as usual and they have peaceful dinner as always.

In his wilderness dream, that’s his home will destroy because of him. He always thinks that his life will be just like others, ordinary and nothing special. He feel satisfied enough with his life now but deep down inside his heart he know being normal is impossible. He did not know what he was. He always thought that he is crazy or being possessed by the spirit. He can’t control himself when he turns and it getting stronger day by day. Sometime he saw something that no one could see. He knows that he being watch sometime but he did not know who it was. He asked Ji A that day when he saw the red hair lady standing near the school gate watching him. When their eyes met, she smiles at him. Ji A did not see that lady.

“Rowoon-ah, I’m here. I’m real.” Ji A t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter