Nine

Curse Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9

 

 

 

Jungkook restlessly stand in front of the door. His heart beat fast, nervous and anxious if Jaehyun might come anytime. He keeps looking at the stair and his watch. Wishing that Si An come back faster. It’s past midnight already. Si An should come by now. Is she okay? Is she in danger? Jungkook feel so worried for her safety at the same time worried that Jaehyun might know Si An is gone. It’s raining heavily at outside makes Jungkook feel more worried about her.

Jaehyun looks out the window. His chest feels heavy and worried. He know Si An is in her room but why he keep feel anxious? Jaehyun walk out from his stand by room. It’s heavy rain with lightning and thunderstorm. He listens to the rain sound and feels the cold breeze. The rain sound did not make him feel comfort and peace at all. So he walk to Si An’s room. He saw Jungkook and Hyun Woo guards her room. Everything is fine, Jaehyun’s thought when he saw Jungkook. He trust Jungkook will inform him if anything happen.

“What are you doing here?” Jungkook asked in suspicious tone. Jaehyun look closely at Jungkook. He seems restless and anxious. Everything is fine on the surface only. I should trust in my intuition more. Jaehyun said in his mind. He walks to Jungkook then pull him close.

“What have you done?” Jaehyun whispered in Jungkook’s ear.

“Jaehyun-ah....” Jungkook called his name asking him to understand.

“Spill it out.” Jaehyun continued.

“Si An going out.” Jaehyun take a step away from Jungkook and look at his face. He sighs heavily.

“Hyun Woo-ah, I need to talk with Jungkook.” Jaehyun tell Hyun Woo in his order tone. Hyun Woo nod and still stand on his spot. Jaehyun pull Jungkook to walk with him to the down stair.

Jaehyun stop after he found a perfect place where no one could hear them. He stands still waiting for Jungkook to tell him everything.

“Si An beg me to help her go out. She needs to find an answer.”

“Answer? What answer?”

“I don’t know but she really looks desperate. I’ve never saw Si An so restless like that.”

“When she go?”

“2 hours ago. She should come back by now...” Jungkook said and Jaehyun could see that Jungkook also feel worried. This feeling is different from usual. He could feel that Si An is in deep trouble. This is not just worried but scared too.

“She is fine, right?” Jungkook asked Jaehyun. Jungkook know that Jaehyun and Si An has a special connection.

“She’ll be fine.” Jaehyun pray in his heart. Jaehyun's phone ringing. He takes it out from his pant pocket. He puzzled when he saw unknown number. He looks at Jungkook.

“Take it.” Jungkook said.

“Hello....” Jaehyun answered and surprise when he hear a man voice.

Rowoon, Taehyung and Si An stand outside of the operation room. Si An lean on the wall looking lost. Rowoon asked nurse to bring blanket for Si An. They all drench from rains. Si An did not know that her body is shaking from cold or shocked. No one is talking but think. They all share the same feeling. No words could comfort them. They only could blame themselves for what happen. They feel helpless, guilty and regret.

Jaehyun and Jungkook come to the hospital as soon as possible after he got the phone call from Rowoon. Rowoon and Taehyung may couldn’t comfort Si An for now but maybe Jaehyun and Jungkook could bring a little comfort that Si An need. 3 of them are in the same situation. No way out and be with them only remind Si An of that fact. They are the curse child and Si An has demon blood.

When Jaehyun and Jungkook come to the emergency room, Jaehyun saw Si An lean on the wall. She was drenched. He never saw this expression from Si An before. He feel so heartbroken see her like this. As if her world is collapsed. She was staring blankly on the floor.

“Lee Si An....” Jaehyun called her when he closes with her. Si An look up when she hear his voice. For the first time since she come here, she hear sound around her. Before she did not hear anything but her thought only. Jaehyun and Jungkook surprise when they saw how puffy her eyes is. Tears keep falling from her eyes too.

“Are you okay?” Jungkook asked and Si An nods. Jaehyun looks at Rowoon and Taehyung. This is first time Jaehyun and Jungkook saw Taehyung.

“What happen?” Jaehyun asked Rowoon. Rowoon sigh heavily. He couldn’t find the right words to tell Jaehyun. At the same time, doctor comes out from the operation room.

“How is she?” Taehyung asked. Doctor look at them one by one.

“I’m sorry. I couldn’t save her.” Doctor answered. Si An feel so devastated. Her knees feel so weak and she flops down on the floor.

“Si An....” Jaehyun wrap his hand on her shoulder. Si An feel like her chest tighten and difficult to breath. She looks up to Rowoon and Taehyung.

“It happens eventually..... I kill her.” Si An said in sob. Jaehyun and Jungkook did not understand what she talking about. Doctor walks away after that. Rowoon and Taehyung just look at each other.

“It’s happen again.” Taehyung said while looking at Si An. They vows to not lose anyone they love again but it happen once more. Just like what Si An feel right now, they also feel devastated and regret. They could prevent this from happening. They are strong but not strong enough to fight Si An’s power.

Rowoon and Taehyung not only feel helpless but hopeless too. They thought they could fight Lee Ha Eun as they grow strong by day but now they feel different. They couldn’t even protect Maid Choi from Si An. How will they could stop Lee Ha Eun? 

They all sit down outside the room. Try to be calm and rational. They put the later problem aside and focus on the urgent matter first. They need to tell everyone about Maid Choi is passing. Jaehyun, Jungkook and Si An go back to the palace first. Jaehyun inform General Jung about Maid Choi while Jungkook company Si An to change her clothes.

Hyun Woo surprise when he saw Jungkook comeback with Si An. He did not see Si An walk out from the room. When did she go out? He wonders alone. Jungkook dismiss Hyun Woo without saying much. Hyun Woo also did not ask anything. Sometime it better to not know.

Jungkook stand outside the room. Let Si An be alone for a while. She need to have some time alone. Si An take a quick shower and change her clothes. She looks at herself in the mirror. Once again she cried.

“Lee Si An....” Jungkook called her name from the door. Jungkook already change his clothes. He did not see Si An in the room.

“Si An-ah, where are you?” Jungkook asked.

“I’m here.” Si An answered softly from the changing room. He almost did not hear her. He walks to her changing room and saw she stand in front of the big mirror.

“Are you done?” Jungkook asked. She nods.

“Let’s go.” Jungkook said and she follows him closely. He want to ask what actually happen tonight but looking at how Si An condition make him stop. It may too much for her to talk about it again. Maybe now is not the time to know the truth, yet.

Jaehyun wait for them at outside. He stands near the black car. Si An looks at Jaehyun. Her tears fall once again. Looking at Jaehyun keep remind her that her life is not normal. She has responsibility that other people can’t understand. Be with them is not a choice anymore. She can’t lose another person that she cares.

Jaehyun stand tall with his black suit. He did not style his hair tonight. He just let

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter