Fifteen

Curse Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15

 

 

“What is your order, Sir?” General Jung asked as he ready to hear what King Hwal command is. He stands straight while looking at King Hwal. Mrs. Hwang looks at King Hwal then General Jung. She is worried about Si An too. If not because of King Hwal maybe she already flies to the Jeju to check on her. King Hwal looks up to General Jung then he sigh before answer him.

“Go to Princess Lee Si An. Make sure she is safe.” King Hwal commands. General Jung nods then put both his hand by his side.

“I will gather my team.” General Jung replies then march out from King Hwal’s office. Mrs. Hwang left alone with King Hwal.

“Get ready to welcome Princess Si An back.” King Hwal said even though they still did not know what the real situation is. As a father King Hwal only think about his daughter safety. As a king of the nation he need to move discreet so no one knows about this.

General Jung gathers his team. They need to plan this mission properly so they won’t make mistake. He wants to bring Jaehyun and Jungkook with him since they are the best but he is afraid they might not mentally stable. He did not doubt their ability but they are too close with her. Their emotion might cloud their judgement. It been a while too they see each other. Anything could happen and no one knows what the situation is over there. They are open to any possibility of threat.

“We will leave this evening. By night time we will reach their place.” General Jung told his team.

“Yes, sir.” They answered and get out from the room to do their other work. Some of them is off work so they could go home to packing and say goodbye to their family. This is their routine when they go to secret mission. General Jung also goes home.

On his way to the car park, he saw Jaehyun. He stands at the field while Jungkook stand by his side. They train the new recruits. He smiles because he proud of him. Jaehyun train recruit better than him. Jaehyun will be better leader than him too. Jungkook turn around and saw General Jung watching them. He’s solute General Jung and Jaehyun saw Jungkook look behind them. He also turn around and solute his father.

General Jung stand straight and solute them back. He smiles at them and looking at Jaehyun then he nod. Jaehyun walk to his father. He feels something strange from him.

“Appa....” Jaehyun called when he close with him.

“Yes.” Jaehyun never called General Jung, Appa when they at work but he feel strange because his father did not corrected him.

“Did something happen?” Jaehyun asked.

“Nothing happen, just work. I will go for secret mission this evening. If anything happen to me....”

“Appa....” Jaehyun know the drill. They always prepare for the worse.

“Listen to me, take care your mother.”

“I know. You don’t need to remind me. Just take care yourself and come back to us.”

“I will come back.” General Jung promise.

“Then we are good.” Jaehyun said and smile at his father.

General Jung and his team board the plane. After they touched the ground, another ARMY team waiting for them. They provide transport and weapons. They will use normal SUV instead of ARMY jeep. After everything is ready it night time already. General Jung and his team make a move and go to the Si An and her friends cabin.

By the time they arrived at the cabin it all dark. The cabin is totally destroyed and burn. General Jung orders 2 of his man to check the ground while the other on watch. He did not know what happen here but it seem that Si An and her friend been attacked. There is no sign of anyone at the edge of the forest. They are all using night vision to see better in the dark.

“No one is here. It’s clear.” General Jung’s member report back after they come back.

“All retreat.” General Jung orders. They all go back to the headquarters. General Jung tells his team that they will come back tomorrow morning to check the ground better. After that he goes to the nearest police station to check if anyone makes report about the fire.

The Chief Police talk to him directly and they meet in his office. He informs General Jung that the villager from nearby saw the fire at night around 1 AM last week. Fire Department dispatches their team immediately but the house burn to the ground already. Nothing left. They did not found any trace of human being among the ashes. The case was close just like that since no one report about missing person.

General Jung let out a relieved sign. Si An and his friend is survive and they might hide right now. He wonders why they did not ask for help. Is something happen to them? Are demon attack them? Are they alright? He left the police station.

In the morning General Jung divide his team into 2. 1 will go to the cabin to check if Si An left any clues for them while the other will go around the island to looking for them. Si An is smart kid. She will survive this and come back to Palace safe and sound. He did not inform King Hwal yet.

That night General Jung leads his team to go around the island again. They all scattered and all equip with communication radio so they could contact him if they found them. General Jung know it won’t be easy to find them if they go hiding. He could feel that they are in trouble and police couldn’t help them. It will only make it worst and reporter could smell it if police got involves. Si An is always careful not to expose herself to the media and bring rumour to King Hwal. This could danger King Hwal position as the other Royal Family could use it to take his place and kick Si An out from the next successor.

General Jung feel like they walk around aimlessly and finding needle in the hays. They don’t have exact point where they are might be right now. Just holding on his faith that he will do his best to bring Si An back to Palace safe and sound. After tired walking, General Jung called Major Kim to drive around with him. He choose road around mountains and jungle area where it a bit far from any village.

While they are driving, they saw lightning. They feel weird because the night sky is so clear. No hint of dark cloud or raining any time soon. They stop for a while and saw the lightning again. It’s weird because the lightning is not coming from the sky but from the ground.

“Where is it?” General Jung asked Major Kim. Major Kim opens the map in his tablet PC and checks the location.

“Here.” Major Kim points the location. General Jung informs the other and they will meet there.

“Let’s go. It might be Princess Lee Si An.”

They drive there but General Jung did not feel good about this mission. He done so many secret missions before and it all has its own danger and risk. This mission feels different since King Hwal gave him the order maybe because he knows what they might counter with. This time their enemy is not human but supernatural being. He knows the risk they about to counter and maybe this could be his last mission.

**A MONTH AGO**

Rowoon and Taehyung running close with her but time stop. Lee Ha Eun was laugh and her voice echoing in the wood. Nobody knows that she is there with them. She freezes the time. Si An look around looking for Ha Eun.

“This time you will kill him again, Lee Si An.” Lee Ha Eun said. She did not showing herself. It’s just her voice.

“What do you mean?”

“If you want to know every time you think of him, he is with you. Because your power getting stronger so does your bond with him too. Every time you summon him, he unconditionally with obey it. His life is in danger because of you.”

“Why....?”

“Because you are the Curse Child.” Lee Ha Eun laughs once again. She love it when Si An in pain. She been waiting for this day to hurt her until she wish she want to die. Killing Si An fast is not as enjoyable as torture her little by little. Killing someone she love and care about is more satisfaction that kills her directly.

Lee Ha Eun disappears and the time starts moving once again. Rowoon and Taehyung did not notice anything wrong. Si An cried because she just realise something. In the dark wood when she can’t summon her power, she f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter