Eighteen

Curse Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 18

 

 

 

Si An wakes up from her long nap. She look around and it a bit strange for her. This is not hospital or her room. She never saw this room before. Everything decorated in ancient furniture. She did not lying on a bed but it just a thin matress on the floor. Where is this place? Is someone takes her here? Who? She always saw this kind of decoration in old drama on TV. It feel interesting too.

Someone walking outside the room and open it. Si An a bit surprise when she saw a stranger. She’s maybe around her age or younger. She’s wearing Hanbok and her hair also in old style too. Si An found it a bit weird and strange but amusing.

“You’re wake up already, Princess.” She said in old phrase and formal.

“Where am I?” Si An asked and she look at her with confused.

“Palace. This is your room.” She answered.

“My room?” Si An get up but she feel pain all over her body. She can understand why she in pain but she can’t understand the situation at all. Si An take a peek of her wound under the dress but she did not have any wounded there. That’s time Si An found that she wearing the same things as the servant too. She’s wearing white Hanbok under dress. It’s silk.

Si An walk toward the door but her servant stopping her.

“You need to dress up first.” She says while looking down on her feet. She did not dare to look up to her. Si An follow what she said and wear her dress. It’s a light pink Hanbok.

Si An walk out from her room and quarters. It’s a Hanok and a few more servants standing outside the quarters. She looks around and she can’t gasp where she is right now. It’s a Palace but why it different?

“Na Eun-ah....” Someone yelled from behind. Si An keeps looking at the Hanok in front of her. It has Chinese Character written on it. This place called Moghwa, meaning cotton flower. Cotton flower mean to cherish people around you and as a promise of wealth and well being. Si An wonder why this place called Cotton flower.

“Na Eun-ah.... do you not hear me called you?” Someone says and put her hand on Si An’s shoulder as she turn her around so Si An could face her. Si An surprise when she saw the girl in front of her. It’s Ha Eun. Si An take a step back and pose as she ready to fight her.

“Na Eun-ah....” Ha Eun called her again with a surprise look on her. She did not attack her instead she remains on her place. She just looking at Si An with curious and worried.

“Jangmi, what is wrong with her?” Ha Eun asked the servant by Si An side. Si An just look at them both in alert. She careful look at Ha Eun and found that she look different. Ha Eun face did not look sharp and pale. She looks beautiful and has rosy cheek. She looks normal, healthy and HUMAN. Her finger also looks normal. It doesn’t have any black vein.

“Since Princess Na Eun wake up, she keeps asking me questions. I’m afraid she did not remember at all.” Jangmi explain.

“What? Did you call Royal physician already?”

“Yes.”

“Na Eun-ah, you did not remember me?” Ha Eun asked her this time.

“What happen to me? Where am I?” Si An asks.

“This is your home, our home.” Ha Eun speak. Si An shake her head slowly and she almost cried this time. This can’t be happening, right? Is Ha Eun playing another trick on her? Her fight is not over yet. What is actually happen? Is General Jung safe?

“Jaehyun-ah....” Si An called his name. She really scared and worried right now. She wants to go home and see him. She had enough.

“Na Eun-ah, don’t scare me.” Ha Eun says.

“Call General Jeon now.” Ha Eun says again.

“Bring her to the Pavilion.” Ha Eun give order to Jangmi then she leave. She still looks worried. She walks fast and urgent. Where is she going? Si An still can't gasp the situation at all. Is this dream? This can't be dream, it feel so real. 

“Princess please comes here.” Jangmi speak and lead the way. She did not force Si An instead she speak politely and in calm. Jangmi trust Ha Eun and everyone here is not scare of Ha Eun at all. Si An follow Jangmi and the other servant walk behind Si An. It getting more confused. Everything here is unfamiliar. The way they speak, greet and dress up is different. As if Si An goes back to the Joseon time. Is Ha Eun trap her in the past? Ha Eun call her Na Eun. Is she in Na Eun's body?

Jangmi let Si An sit down at the Pavilion. She looks at the beautiful view in front of her. All she could hear is wind blowing on the trees and bird chirping. Si An close her eyes and take a deep breath. She needs to calm down and think of solution. She can’t let her worried and fear take control. 

“Na Eun.....” Si An hear the familiar voice. She turns and saw Jungkook. She feels so glad to see familiar face then she saw him behind Jungkook.

“Jaehyun-ah...” Si An called and walk toward him. She hugs him tight and cried. She feels so relieved.

“I am home.” Si An said.

“Princess Na Eun....” He speaks up finally. Si An notice that everyone around them surprise and look down. Jaehyun also feel cold and distance. He did not hug her back. He did not look glad to see her back.

“Jaehyun-ah....” Si An called his name but he just look at her.

“Princess Na Eun....” Jaehyun call stranger name in front of her.

“I’m not Na Eun. Do you forget me? Jaehyun-ah, it’s me. Lee Si An.” Si An cried.

“Princess Na Eun, I’m not Jaehyun but I’m Deputy Jung Hwan.” Si An take a step back while looking at Jaehyun then to everyone around her. Why everyone did not recognise her? She is not Na Eun. Is everyone under Ha Eun’s spell?

Si An summon her power but she did not feel anything. Nothing happen. She did not turn. She is powerless now. Is it because she is hurt right now? Si An sit down back. Jungkook sit down in front of her now. Only then she realise that they wearing armour and carry a sword.

“Who are you?” Si An asks Ji Hun. Ji Hun let out a sigh and calmly answers Si An.

“I’m General Jeon Ji Hun, your husband to be.” Si An sigh then looks at Ji Hun and Hwan. If this is true, Si An go back to the past. Even in the past they are together. They must be bound by fate even after they are born again, they still together. Are they grow up together and being close too?

“What year is this now?” Si An asked after she calm a bit.

“1620.”

“1620... then King rules now is King Lee Rin?”

“Yes. He is your father.” Father? What is going on right now? Why she is here now? King Rin era is where everything starts, the beginning of the Curse Child. Is she here to stop the curse? Si An touch her temple as she need to think, out of habit.

“Do your head feel hurt?” Ji Hun asked. They did not know anything about her. If Jaehyun and Jungkook saw this they just smirk and tell her to stop thinking.

“Did something happen to me?”

“You’re fall from the cliff a week ago. You’re unconscious for a few days.” Ji Hun patiently answered her. She can’t get use to this new Jungkook. He feels distant and cold while Hwan worse version of Jaehyun, stiff and always obey his own rules.

“I will go back to my room.” Si An says and get up. She need time to be alone and think. That accident must be why Na Eun did not remember anything and maybe Na Eun’s memories will back soon. Si An walk slowly to her quarters while looking around the Palace.

It’s so dif

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter