Ten

Curse Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 10

 

 

 

Si An sit down on her study table while looking out the window. Jungkook knock on the door before he comes in. He saw Si An looking out the window blankly and did not realise that Jungkook is in the room. Since Maid Choi pass away Si An spend her time looking at something blankly. Jungkook wonder what is in her mind.

Today too, Si An did not come to school. King Hwal want she have enough rest before go back to school. Si An always distracted and did not pay much attention when they talking. When Jungkook and Jaehyun asked she just smile and says everything is fine. Si An is not fine. She keeps something from them.

“Hey!” Jungkook called Si An but she did not hear him. Jungkook feel something clenched his chest when he saw how Si An look right now. She did not smile and laugh much like before. As if some part of her is died with Maid Choi too.

“Si An-ah...” Jungkook called her again after he is closer with her. Si An hear him and look at him.

“You’re here. How school?” She asked with a smile. Jungkook can see that she force that smile. Her smile looks awkward. Jungkook smile at her back. Jungkook lean his buttock on the study table while facing Si An.

“Everything is fine except you’re not at school. I feel bored. Got nobody to teased.” Jungkook answered makes Si An rolled her eyes. He smirk, satisfied see her reaction.

“One day without teasing me is enough to make you bored. You could tease Jaehyun.”

“Jaehyun is stiff. He is no jam.”Jungkook said makes Si An chuckles.

“You’re right. Jaehyun is stiff.”

“How was your day?” Jungkook asked and Si An looks up to him.

“There is nothing different in palace. No jam...”

“Do you want to go out with me?”

“Nahhh.... I have a few assignments that I need to finish today. Ms. Hwang and General Jung will check on me later. Jaehyun can’t cover for you if General Jung knows that you go out with me without King Hwal permission.”

“Next time then.”

“Yup, next time.....”Si An said in small voice. She looks sad when she said that.

“Since you can’t go out, maybe we could walk around the garden. What do you think?” Jungkook said to see her smile again. Si An looks up to him once again. She smile but her eyes lose their shine.

“I’m too tired to walk outside now.” Si An replied weakly.

“Araso.” Jungkook said and walk away from her.

“Si An-ah....” Jungkook called before he walks out from her room. Si An look at him.

“I’m... at outside. Call me if you need me.” Si An smile and nods only. She looks back to her task on the table.

Jungkook close the door and stand there for a while. He did not see anyone stand near her room. Usually Royal Guard or Palace servant will stand by outside her room. Hyun Woo and Jin Young also did not assign to stand by outside her room. Why no one is here?

Jungkook go down the stair and meet Jaehyun at the hallway. He wants to go to his stand by room. He must be coming from the official work. He was wearing full uniform.

“Jaehyun-ah...” Jungkook called. Jaehyun stop and look at him. He looks so tired.

“Where were you?” Jungkook asked.

“Had a drill. Why are you here?” Jaehyun said then he looks up the stair.

“You meet her? How is she?” Jaehyun asked again. Jungkook shake his head slightly.

“She looks different now. I thought she was better after that day but why suddenly she becomes like this.” Jungkook said. Jaehyun sigh.

He heard from his father and he kind of knows a bit of the situation. King Hwal will send Si An to boarding school soon. Jaehyun and his team will not come with her this time. They will work at the Palace. Si An mentality is not stable so she need psychology treatment. King Hwal does not want anyone to know about this. So it will be secret. There is new team will assign to guard her.

“You will know soon, why she behaves that way. I might be busy this few days to train new recruit. Spend more time with her.... for me.” Jaehyun said makes Jungkook confused.

“You know something, right? Tell me.” Jungkook said but Jaehyun put his hand on Jungkook shoulder quietly. He pats Jungkook shoulder a few times before goes to his room.

It’s hard for Jaehyun too. He wishes he could defy the order he received. He is a soldier. He vows to protect the Royal Family. Si An is not the only Royal Family they have. Yes, King Hwal pick him personally to protect Si An and he build his own team for Si An. But now King Hwal comes out with new order. He wants to follow Si An anywhere she go. Even if it the end of the world. If he defy the order now it might bring disadvantage to Si An and him. He might never see her again. His hand is ties.

For now, his team is still under his command and they will do what Royal Guard do. Protect King Hwal or the other Royal Family. No one should know the secret about Si An. She will be disadvantage by the times she taking over King Hwal authority. Royal Family will find her did not fit to carry her task. That’s why Jaehyun keep his lips tight and carry his responsibility. King Hwal apologies when he gives him this new order.

“I’m sorry, Jung Jaehyun. I know this might be hard for you to obey now but please do it for my Si An. She will come back after 6 months. Let’s pray that she is much better than now.” King Hwal said makes Jaehyun nods.

Away from palace at new place and people around her, will she be fine? He can’t help it to feel worry. Si An did not like to sleep on different place because she find it hard to sleep at different bed. She has childish appetite. She did not like to eat vegetable but when they force it she will eat a bit. It’s hard for Si An to talk with stranger because she has trust issue. Jaehyun think this might give her more stress. Everything is new and stranger for her. Even her bodyguard is new. Jaehyun still did not know which team assign to protect Si An.

The next day, Jungkook found Si An walking on the garden while the new team Royal Guard guarding her. They all King Hwal Royal guard. They already work with King Hwal for more than 15-20 years. Jungkook shake his head. This is bad choice. They couldn’t protect Si An. They may veteran and had many experience but they won’t match with Si An speed. Si An might better protect herself than rely on them.

“Hey, you!” Jungkook called make Si An smile looking at him.

“You’re here again. I think you really free and have a lot of time. I should tell Jaehyun to assign you will new task.” Si An . Jungkook just laugh it.

“Next week I’m start assist Jaehyun with his new task.”

“Why next week?”

“I don’t know. Jaehyun want me to rest well and never leave you alone.” Jungkook said makes Si An chuckles.

“I’m not alone. Look around you....” Jungkook just smirk then walk closer to her.

“They are old geezer.” Jungkook whispered make Si An laughs.

“You’re right. Jungkook-ah, walk with me.” Si An said and they begin to walk. At first Si An did not say anything but look around the garden. It’s colder now. Trees around them are all in autumn color. The floor bed full with dries leaves. When they steps on it makes the crisp sound.

“Jungkook-ah, tomorrow I will leave for 6 months.” Si An speak up. Jungkook stop walking. He is kind of surprise to hear this.

“Where?”

“I also did not know, where. I just follow what my father arranges for me.”

“Jaehyun know about this?”

“I think he knows. He never comes to meet me. He is busy with his new task.” Then Jungkook remember about last night they’re talking at the hallway. Jaehyun already know about this.

“You will come back, right?”

“Yes. It’s just 6 months only.”

“Okay. Go and have fun.”

“You too, take care. Don’t hurt or I will come and mad at you.” Si An said makes Jungkook laugh.

“If I miss you, then I should hurt myself.”

“Please be safe. Take cares Jaehyun for me too. Don’t let him train the new recruit very hard, no one will want to apply the job later.” Si An jokes but Jungkook knows what she meant. Jaehyun may did not say much and he tend to keep it to himself even though it hard for him.

“Don’t worry about Jaehyun. I can take care of him. Just come back to us faster. I will be bored to death no one to tease.”

“I’ll try.” Si An said.

Boarding school and Psychology treatment is just a lies. King Hwal follows what Si An wish to do. She will be away from other until she can fully control her power. She will train with Rowoon and Taehyung. Only 3 of them will be together. Since only them is immune from her power. They will be away from civilisation. Only King Hwal, Rowoon and Taehyung know about this place.

After King Hwal meets with Rowoon and Taehyung secretly, he finally agreed to let Si An leave with them. Rowoon and Taehyung need a few days so they could ready the place for them. They need to stock up their daily need too. King Hwal gave them expenses so they could do it faster. Si An acts while wait for them to be ready. She needs to make people believe that she is mentally unstable. Before someone else believed her she need to fool someone closer with her. It’s Jungkook and Jaehyun.

Si An did not feel confident to fool Jaehyun that’s why she ask King Hwal to assign him with new task. Only Jaehyun know if she fakes it or now. For Jungkook she also did not know if she could do it but she tries her best to acts in front of him. For Jungkook she needs to be careful to not play along with his jokes and teasing. She tries her best to stay calm and did not react to him. That’s why Si An always think of something when she with him. She recited a maths formula to distract herself from him. Lucky her method is working.

Si An wake up early and pack her bag with the last minute things she might need. Rowoon and Taehyung will wait for her at the airport. Si An look around her room to check anything is left to pack. Most of her clothes she already sends it first. Si An carry the bagpack and walk at the hallway. She surprise when she bump into Jaehyun. He just comes out from his room. He must be has duty early morning today.

He wearing his full uniform and carry his favourite varsity jacket in his hand. Si An smile at him. Feel relieved she could see him before she leave.

“Morning duty before class?” Si An asked.

“Yes. Are you leaving now?” Jaehyun asked while looking around them. He did not see any Royal Guard. Si An wearing all black clothes and hat in her hand. It’s her disguise that she learns from Jungkook.

“Yes. Jaehyun-ah, can I ask something from you?”

“What is it?”

“Can I have that jacket?” Si An asked and Jaehyun look down to his hand.

“This?”

“Yes.”

“You could ask anything else, why this?”

“I don’t know. Maybe this is your favourite jacket.” Jaehyun smiles and give the jacket to her. Si An take her bag off and put it on immediately. She looks so happy make Jaehyun shake his head. So easy to make Si An happy.

“This is nothing, Si An-ah. Why you look so happy?”

“Because I will only have this while I’m away from you.” Si An explain makes Jaehyun f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter