Twenty Three

Curse Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 23

 

 

 

Jaehyun come back with warm coffees in his hand. He looks at Si An from far. She did not look joy or happy watching the live music. She’s lost in her thought. He could feel her nervous, restless and worried everytime they are together. Si An did not fully there when she with him or her friends. There is something occupied in her thought. He will patiently wait for her to tell him until then he won’t ask her anything.

Since Si An wakes up from coma, their bonding getting stronger. He almost could feel every emotion she felt. There is no need for him to look at her face to know if she really happy or sad. Si An also get better to hide her expression. If he did not have any bonding with her, he might believe what he sees.

Si An turn around as if she could feels his eyes on her. She smiles at him but the emotion from worried change to sad. Jaehyun wonder why she feels sad when she look at him. Honestly he feels impatient and he wants to know what her secret is. But Jaehyun know Si An very well, she won’t speak if he demand to know. She will keep her lips tightly shut more.

Jaehyun smiles at her back and walk to her. Act like he did not see or feel anything wrong.

“Sorry, the waiting line is longer than I thought. I hope I did not leave you alone for so long...” Jaehyun says with a smile. Si An shake her head.

“No, I’m fine.” Jaehyun sit down next to her. Suddenly Jaehyun could smell something in the air. It quite strong and sting his nose. The sweet scent likes vanilla and cinnamon mix with musky. Si An did not has this kind of scent. Only then he realise something. Someone was here with Si An. It’s not human. That’s why Si An looks trouble and sad.

“Your coffee...” Jaehyun says and let the dark thought out of his mind. As long as Si An is fine, he will keep calm.

“Thank you.” Si An take her warm coffee. As they listen to the music the sky also change from bright blue to golden yellow and red. The sun is getting lower at the horizon and it feels colder too as the wind keep blowing.

Jaehyun and Si An sit down there for a bit more watch the sunset. They keep talking while holding hands. Jaehyun could feel that Si An is calm and happy now. He glad she feels that way when they are together.

“I’m hungry.” Si An says in aegyo makes Jaehyun smiles. She sound so cute when talks in half whining. Si An might did not notice this. She sometimes naturally used aegyo. Jaehyun looks closer to her and kiss her lips. It a short kiss and Si An a bit surprise. She did not ready for it at all.

“Let’s go.” Jaehyun says like nothing happen. Si An giggle as she could see Jaehyun blushing too.

“What was that for?” Si An asked to before he could walk far from her.

“You look cute....” Jaehyun answered makes Si An shake her head.

“I’m not.”

“Yes, you are.” Jaehyun back as they walk away from the place. They keep teasing each other while laughing. It’s sound funny to both of them. Jaehyun hugs Si An as he feel so happy and wish that this will last long. If he could, he want Si An did not feel all the negative emotion again.

“Si An-ah, I’m happy now.” He says while whispered to her ears. He buries his face on her neck and breathes in her scent. Si An could feel his warm breath on her skin and it tickling.

“I’m happy too.” Si An says and hugs him back. Jaehyun stand tall and look into her eyes.

“I love you.... so much. More than you know.” Jaehyun confessed and kiss her lips. This time he takes his time to kiss her. It was warm and deep kiss. Jaehyun did not bother of their surrounding anymore. He knew people looks at them. He hugs her tight again as if he did not want to let her go.

“I love you too, Jung Jaehyun.”

Jaehyun takes Si An to have dinner at the nearby restaurant. They have their dinner and dessert too. The night feels so short. Jaehyun send Si An home at the end of their date. Their conversation never stop until they reach Si An’s room. He stays in her room and has another round of dessert again before going home.

**

Si An stuck in the practice room with Rowoon and Taehyung ever since after her dated with Jaehyun. Jaehyun and Jungkook go to the practice room to watch how their trains and it blowing their mind. They hardly could see their movement. It was fast and the sound makes their hair stand on end. It’s loud with sound of sword slicing the air and sometime the metal clashing with metal. Their practice is so intense. Rowoon and Taehyung can’t outdone Si An even though they using their power at the same times.

Si An never asked Jaehyun for his help in her practice. He wonders why. Sometime Jungkook will help her too but he can’t last long. She is very fast for him and her power makes him scared of her most of the times.

As times goes by, Si An getting more and more look like a demon. Her hair is like silk in dark brown reddish colour. Her skin is pale and smooth like marbles. She looks so alluring and exquisite. Every time she walk pass someone they always look a few times more and sometime they just looks at her. As if they were captivate by her beauty.

Mrs. Hwang also notices her appearance change and it makes her heart more hurt and sad. It hard to believe that beautiful girl will leave them for good one day.

That night after practice, Si An look up to the night sky. The moon is almost full now. She did not say anything but just look at her friend one by one. In 2 more days she will leave them. She could feel her chest is tightened and lump in . Her tears threaten to falls when she thinks of her fate and destiny.

Jungkook tease Jaehyun while Rowoon and Taehyung just laugh at them. She smiles at the sight. Then Jaehyun turn to look at her and wave his hand to ask Si An to joins them. She nods and clears . She wiped her face with towel in her hand. She did not want they see her in tears. They’re all quick witted type. It’s hard to keep anything secret from them.

“What cake you want for your birthday?” Jungkook asked makes Si An cough with his sudden question. It’s so fast for him to change a topic. 

“My birthday?” She asked and thinking. She forgets about her own birthday. Fullmoon are on her birthday. She will be 18 in 2 more days. Why she did not remember about this? Even though she did not call Ha Eun out, she will come and find her eventually.

The demon will come and claim their power on their 18th birthday. Demon will kills and their power. That’s what happens to Rowoon and Taehyung but they survived from demon attacked. Now Si An know who is the demon and how to end the curse.

“Si An-ah....” Jaehyun called and she looks at him. She put a fake smile on her face then she looks at Rowoon and Taehyung. Only they know what is in her mind. They did not forget about this but they did not know that Si An called Ha Eun out on her birthday.

“I want chocolate cake.” Si An finally answered. Jaehyun and Jungkook know that Si An keep something from them and Rowoon and Taehyung know about it.

Si An walk back to her room and Jaehyun walk with her. The night feels cold and breezy too. The roads are dimly lightening up with street light and pathway light. But it seem can’t lighten up Si An mind. Every corner in her mind is dim and dark as if she found a dead way. . Si An did not talk along the way back to her room. She did not know how to tell Jaehyun and Jungkook about it. It might be difficult to convince them that she can’t be with them that night.

“Whatever you want to say just say it. I will listen and it might be hard for me to understand but I will try.” Jaehyun said makes Si An looks up to him. She stops walking and Jaehyun also stop. They stand face to face and she looks into his eyes.

‘Jaehyun-ah, on my birthday night I will be not here. I have to fight Ha Eun and away from home and you....’.This words remain in her thought. It feels so hard to say it out loud. Instead say anything a tears drop from her eye and on her cheek. The tears she keeps holding up. Without a word from Jaehyun, he just hugs her tight.

“You know I love you, right?” Jaehyun asked and she nods.

“No matter what I will always by your side, just remember that.” Jaehyun said again. Si An never doubt that. Actually that is the problem, will he fulfill his task? Fate is so cruel to them. How could she ask him to do something like that? She did not have any choice.

Si An look at Jaehyun once again. She takes a deep breath to calm herself.

“Tomorrow I want to have party with you all. Can we celebrate my birthday early? As you know that night I will be busy with my mother death memorial service.” Si An says and Jaehyun nods.

“I will tell the others.”

“Thank you.” Si An says and they continued walking to the room.

****

Everyone is wearing their suit and tuxedo including King Hwal while Si An and Mrs. Hwang wearing evening gown. Si An request a small and private party for her birthday. Si An never celebrate her birthday before. This is the biggest celebration for her. King Hwal always brings cake and present for her in her room o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter