Twenty Two

Curse Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 22

 

Si An can’t sleep that night after she write a letter for King Hwal. She still sit down at her study table while Rowoon and Jaehyun already falling asleep on sofa. She takes 2 blankets and wraps them with it. She sits down on the coffee table and looks at both of them makes her wonder about their future.

The future that she might did not exist. If she disappears from their life, King Hwal did not have heir for his crown. He might appoint his nephew to be his next successor. Will Jaehyun and Jungkook continue their job being Royal Guard? What happen to Rowoon and Taehyung? Will their power disappear along with her? Can they live their life as normal and ordinary young adult? Will they pursue their dream like what they always wanted? Losing her might be hard for them at first but slowly they will move on. She believes they will be fine eventually.

Only one thing make she worry, Jaehyun. Can he move on and live his life without guilt? Knowing his character it might be hard for him. She looks at him carefully and it broke her heart. She doesn’t have a choice except to put this important task on his hand.

Si An walk around her room and planning. She needs to ready for the worst case of scenario. She can’t wait until Ha Eun come and find her. She has to find her first so she could attack and finish Ha Eun curse before she fully manifest.

That night Si An can’t sleep no matter what she do. She keeps worry about her plan and Jaehyun. She changes her clothes into sweatshirt. By the time she ready, Jaehyun also wake up. He put his alarm on. He sits straight and looks at Si An bed direction. Si An sit down at the edge and looking out the window while her back on them.

“Good morning.” Jaehyun greet and stand by her side. Si An look up to him. Jaehyun notice something change on her.

“Your eyes....” Jaehyun point out and Si An nod. She’s aware of the changes. What happen to her is same what Na Eun goes through. Even though she did not summon her power she can feel her body slowly change.

“Don’t be alarmed. This will eventually happen to me. My body slowly manifest into demon.” Jaehyun surprised but he nods. Acknowledge what Si An told him. His chest tightens with worry and fear.

“It gets more visible when you are getting more and more close to your 18th birthday?” Jaehyun asked and Si An nods with a little smile. She put a smile on her face to make Jaehyun feel less worry about her. Jaehyun clench his fist tight. He controls his emotion in front of Si An.

“It will come and go but do not worry. I will not lose control of my power.”

“I believe in you.”

“Should we start our morning routine?” Si An says to change the topic. Si An want to cried when she saw a bead of tear in Jaehyun’s eye. ‘What should I do with you, Jung Jaehyun? You are strong and very good Elite Royal Guard but your heart is soft as cotton candy.’

“Let’s go.” Jaehyun answered and blink the tear away.

Jungkook joins them also that morning. For the first time Si An give information about the demon. She learns about this when she fights Ha Eun that night. Young and low level demon could be kills with silver bullet but older and high rank demon only could be kills with by demon. That’s mean the silver bullet need demon blood.

Jaehyun and Jungkook did not see how they fight that night but from what Rowoon and Taehyung told, Si An really change drastically. They feel fear when they saw Si An that night but thankfully she did not lose control of her power not even once. To gain more power and energy, Si An consume demon blood. She was not human that night. They feel relive that Si An is on their side. Fight Si An means death. She’s the highest rank of all. Not even Ha Eun could kill her.

Si An give order to General Kim to take her blood so they could innovate new weapon to fight demon. General Kim inform King Hwal and he come to the meeting room too. King Hwal looks at General Kim then to Jaehyun, Jungkook and Si An. He surprise to learn about this but he remain calm and be open minded. King Hwal let General Kim to follow whatever Si An tell him.

Si An sit down in Royal Guard infirmary and let doctor to take her blood. After that, Si An walk in King Hwal office. Then she notices something that she never thinks of the King sword in the glass case. She carefully look at it and realise that sword is belong to Jung Hwan. For hundreds year the sword with royal Family and they mistook it with King Lee Rin’s sword. Princess Na Eun sword has similarity with Hwan sword because he gave it to her.

“This is not King Lee Rin’s sword.” Si An point out and tell King Hwal. King Hwal looks at her with disbelieved and curious. Si An looks at the other sword in the glass case.

“That sword is King Lee Rin’s sword.” Si An says again.

“This sword belongs to whom then?”

“Deputy Jung Hwan. General Jeon’s best friend and right hand man.” Si An answered while looking at Jaehyun and Jungkook. Si An take the sword out of the case and draw it out from it sheath. The sword glitering and Si An eye change colour too, from brown hazelnut colour to golder amber. 3 of them saw her eyes change colour.

The sword feels just right in her hand. It feels warm against her hand and familiar as if this is not the first time for her to hold it. Only then Si An understand why this sword keep in Royal Family. It still has it purpose and it must back to it rightful owner. Si An can’t bring herself to tell Jaehyun about this sword. She put it back in it sheath and put it in glass case again. Until the right time come, she will tell Jaehyun.

“Appa, I’m might need this sword later. Can I have it?” Si An asked casually.

“Is it important for you?”

“Yes. I need this sword to fight Ha Eun.” They all felt silent while looking at each other. Jaehyun can see something in her eyes. Si An determined to end Ha Eun and this curse. The question now is will she be safe?

“You can have it.” King Hwal answered a moment later.

Jaehyun and Jungkook shift end. Hyun Woo and Jin Young come to company Si An. Si An spend her day with king Hwal to corrected their history before King Hwal left the country for 2 weeks. Si An never let Hyun Woo and Jin Young to hear or get inside the room. No one is in the room except King Hwal and Si An only.

That night after King Hwal learns the truth he just cried. He did not know what he should do. He never left Si An side that night. His duty seems so meaningless right now. He needs Si An. She is the only family he has now. He got no one except her. King Hwal sits down on bed next to sleeping Si An. It been a while he carefully look at his only daughter. She’s still his little girl no matter what.

He never thought that his little girl could be so brave and strong while growing up without a mother and him by her side always. The burden she carry on her little shoulder is bigger and heavy.

“Hyun Mi-ah, if only you are here. Maybe you could say something to comfort and help her. Please protect our child. I only had her now.” King Hwal talking to the air while Si An’s hair.

King Hwal get out from Si An’s room at dawn. Hyun Woo and Jin Young greet him when he left. He saw Jaehyun when he walks at the hallway to his room. Jaehyun come early to change shift with Hyun Woo and Jin Young. She will start to come to school this morning too.

“Good morning....” Jaehyun greet King Hwal. It’s rare to bump with King Hwal at this hallway at this hour. He did not look well too.

“Captain Jung, walk with me.” King Hwal says and leads the way to the garden path. Jaehyun walk by King Hwal side.

“Your father is my very best friend. I’ve never thought that I will lose him so soon. I’m sorry for your lose.” King Hwal says and Jaehyun just smiles and nods.

Jungkook on his way to duty report when he saw King Hwal and Jaehyun talks at the garden path. He gets close to them but stop.

“I know you and Si An love each other. I do not mind your relationship with her. I’m happy actually. She choose the right person and I like you too.” Jaehyun did not expect to hear this from King Hwal but somehow he could hear 'but' at the end of his words.

“Captain Jung, I know what my daughter wants to do and I’m scare to lose her. I know I’m a selfish person to ask you this but as a father and a king, can you keep my daughter safe?” King Hwal asked.

“You did not have to ask me to keep her safe. It’s my duty to protect Princess Si An and I love Lee Si An more than you know. I would do anything to keep her safe.” King Hwal nods.

“Thank you.”

Jungkook smile when he hears Jaehyun tell King Hwal about his love toward Si An. He thought Jaehyun would not tell him the truth but he is manly after all. Did not scare or intimidated when he stands in front of the most charisma person in the country. Lee Si An is lucky to have someone like Jaehyun by her side. Maybe she is the most luckies person in the world because she has boyfriend like Jaehyun and best friend like himself.

Jungkook watch King Hwal walk away from Jaehyun after they talks a few moment more. Jungkook did not want to eavesdrop their conversation but he curious how Jaehyun talks with King Hwal. Once stiff will be stiff forever. His tone and language is always on formal. He wonders how Jaehyun talks with Si An.

“Hey, stiff.” Jungkook greet when King Hwal far enough from them. Jaehyun did not like how he smiling. He feels annoying and he could see Jungkook is full with mischievious thought. At times like this Jungkook smiles remind him of Si An too. These two spend too much times together until their behaviour mimic each other.

“What are you doing here?” Jaehyun asked.

“Waiting for you and I hear something....”

“You can save it.” Ja

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter