Nineteen

Curse Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 19

“You, Princess Na Eun make deal with Ryu Dan.” The demon repeated. Ji Hun, Hwan and Jangmi also hear this. It can’t be, Si An thought. She looks into the demon eye and saw him smile. His smile irks her to the gut. She pushes the sword deeper and twists it. It ends the demon life. He disappeared like a dust in front of their eyes.

“Lee Na Eun....?” Hwan call her in surprise. Si An looks up to him and saw his eyes. He did not scared but surprise to see her like this. Na Eun is gentle and graceful person but tonight she looks like different person.

“He’s lie.” Si An told Hwan then look at Ji Hun.

“I know that but that’s not what I’m trying to say.”

“When did you practice using sword?” Hwan asked but Si An could not found the answered within her.

“Since Princess Na Eun comes to Palace. She can’t trust Palace Guard to protect her.” Jangmi answered and look at Si An.

“Why you never told us?” Ji Hun asked.

“It’s a secret. Trust no one.” Jangmi answer again.

Si An never keep anything from Jaehyun and Jungkook. She can trust them but not anyone else. It’s different with Na Eun. She did not share some of her secret instead only Jangmi know. Si An can understand that Na Eun need to keep her image as Princess and free from scandal. King Lee Rin maybe has the same idea with Na Eun since she will be his heir of the throne. King Lee Rin did not have son. So whoever marry with her could be King one day. If Na Eun marry now and have son, her son will be the crown prince. For now Na Eun have a lot of enemy who want her dead. Be the ruler of the nation, she can’t have any flaw.

“We should leave now.” Si An told them.

“That’s right. We should leave.” Jangmi told Ji Hun and Hwan again. Si An and Jangmi continue walking toward their secret door to enter the palace while Ji Hun and Hwan keep their distance to protect her.

“I feel like this is not the first time for Na Eun to kill a demon.” Ji Hun says but Hwan did not reply him. He just looks at Ji Hun only. He also had the same thought. Na Eun life in palace more complicate and danger than they thought. Hwan feel glad that she could protect herself but at the same time he feels upset. ‘Trust no one’, Hwan keep thinking about that. If Na Eun did not tell him anything about this that’s mean she also did not completely trust him.

Hwan saw Na Eun turn around before she enters the secret door. Tonight his heart feel ache for her. This life is not what she wants. Na Eun always dreaming to have simple life at country side, away from palace. She keeps pray that her father will have a son so she could be free. Every time King Concubine pregnant she always hopes they will give birth to a son. It’s like a curse, every time a baby boy born, they will die. Crown Prince Hong Jong died 5 years ago. He’s only 10 years old.

Monk Chun give advised to King Lee Rin to give the title crown princess to Na Eun because she has overwhelming energy within her. Monk Chun predict that Na Eun will make the country more prosper and peaceful. They also see that Ji Hun is the right match for her. That’s why King Lee Rin call Na Eun back to the Palace and last month Na Eun and Ji Hun get engage.

Si An couldn’t sleep that night. She keep thinks what the demon told her. Na Eun makes deal with the devil. This is not what writes in Royal Demonic book. Is the demon lie? Or he really speaks the truth? There are so many questions.

Jangmi surprise see Si An did not sleep when she wake up in the middle of the night. She just sits down staring at blank paper on her study table. Jangmi did not sleep in her own room tonight because she worried about Na Eun.

“What is in your mind?” Jangmi asked. She walks closer and sits down in front of Si An.

“Tell me everything you know.” Si An asked while looking into her eyes. She is serious and sincerely wants to know. Jangmi tell her without hesitant.

Na Eun changes since she comes to Palace. She did not trust anyone except Jangmi. Ha Eun may her step sister but she did not trust Ha Eun even thought Ha Eun close with her. Na Eun is the only sister and friend Ha Eun has. From outside Ha Eun seems trust Na Eun. Queen In Soo always cold and did not like Na Eun. She always nitpick Na Eun and tell King to give heavy punishment to her. King will follow what Queen In Soo says but he did not punish her heavily. King always gives Na Eun to stay in her quarters as punishment. Na Eun knows that Queen In Soo put people around her to watch every move she made.

In Palace Na Eun always tense and on alert every time. Sometime she found it hard to breath in palace, that’s why she likes to sneaking out. Only then she found that she could breathe and had a peaceful mind even thought it for a while. Na Eun carries a heavy burden on her shoulder and Jangmi know that she keep a secret from her. She did not want to ask Na Eun what her secret is and she waits until she told her.

“What is your secret? Or should I wait more?” Jangmi asked. Si An did not have the answer for now.

“I’m looking forthat answer too.” Si An answered makes Jangmi nods her head, understand.

“Tomorrow I will go to the cliff where I fall. Who knows I might remember something that night.”

“I will take you there.”

Early morning Si An and Jangmigo to the cliff without no one knowing. She look around and think what makes Na Eun come here at night. Why this place out anywhere? What she doing here? Who she meet here? What is Na Eun secret? Si An stand there and look far beyond the horizon. She could smell something in the air. It’s something sweet but foul smell at the same. She knows this is not just a demon but a high rank demon. It’s watching them. Si An summon her power and she could feel it deep down to her bone but it can’t come out. Something is blocking her power.

Why Na Eun possess this power? Ha Eun are supposed had this power. Is this Na Eun Secret? Si An turn around and saw he stand behind the tree. She did not tell Jangmi about him. She wants to see if he will keep watching them or not. If she could catch him maybe she can have her answer.

“Let’s go home.” Si An says and Jangmi lead the way down from the cliff. He’s following them in the shadow. She can’t see him but she can feel him behind them.

In the palace, Si An walk in the garden choosing a corner where no one could see or hear them. Si An give order to her maid palace including Jangmi to give her some space. She wants to be alone. That’s just her excuses. Si An look up to the tree and she can see him standing there watching her. No one could see him except her.

“You there....” Si An called him in low voice and he seem surprise because Si An could see him.

“I know you could hear me. Come to me.” Si An summon him and he hesitant for a while. He comes down and stands in front of her.

“I’m surprise you could see me.” He says in arrogant manner. Si An smirk. Demons always look confident, strong and arrogant in front of her. They tried to intimidate her. Not that easy. Si An know what power she possess and they can’t fight her.

“Why are you watching me? Who command you to do that?” Si An asked in authority voice. His brow almost knit together and she could see he is anxious right now.

“I just want to see you, why?”

“I’m the one that should ask you, why?” He move and take a step behind, a safe distance between us. He is crack under her authority.

“You...you really thought you could overpower me.” He still tried to disguise his anxious with his strong charade. Si An put her hand behind her in relax manner with a mockery smile.

“Who send you? You better tell me while I’m still nice.” Si An said in commanding voice. He knows she could overpower him. His body language is different now. He becomes the puppy tagging his tail between his legs. Once again Si An smirk.

“Ryu Dan sends me here.” He answered while looking down.

“Why? What he want from me?”

“I don’t know. He just wants me to watch you.”

“Tell Ryu Dan to meet me. I will wait for him here in tomorrow night.” He nods and disappears.

That evening Ha Eun invite Si An to have dinner with her. She prepares a lot of stuff until the whole table are full. Ha Eun smiles when she saw Si An come. Si An couldn’t guess what is her true self. She seems sincere and like Na Eun very much. Si An did not talk much with her tonight instead she just listen to her babbling.

“Honestly....it a secret and I hope you won’t tell anyone else....” Ha Eun says at one point. Si An did not say anything just waiting for her to spill it out.

“Actually, I’m falling in love with Deputy Jung Hwan.” Ha Eun says. At first Si An thought she hear it wrongly.

“Deputy Jung Hwan?”

“Yes. I love him....” Ha Eun repeat again. She used love not like. That’s mean she really like him for a long time. Is this secret that Ha Eun keeps from Na Eun? Is this why Ha Eun make a deal with Ryu Dan?

Si An did not say anything else her mind full with questions. She wonder where it starts goes wrong? This is not right. Officially she engages with Ji Hun but her mind and heart belong to Hwan. Now Ha Eun just confessed she in love with Hwan.

‘Na Eun-ah, what have you done?’ Si An says in her thought while looking at Ha Eun.

Si An go to her room after dinner with Ha Eun. She can’t sleep again tonight so she go out from her room and walk at the garden near with her quarters. It’s full moon tonight. The sky is so clear until she could see so many stars. It’s really bright night.

She stand there feel the gen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter