3. Party Night

Magic Shinhwa

After breakfast, there was an annoucement from the teachers.

"Tomorrow, we'll have our fall formal party. Classes are cancelled for two days so get ready."

"Fall formal again? Already? It feels like our last one was not that long ago." (Junjin)

"What's the fall formal?" (Hyesung)

"Every fall, we have a party to celebrate the founding of the school." (Minwoo)

"And everytime, everyone picks a king for the entire year." (Dongwan)

"A king? That sounds nice." (Hyesung)

"Although, Eric has been the king since he enrolled here." (Minwoo)

"Why? Is he popular?" (Hyesung)

"Yeah. He's the most popular out of all of us." (Andy)

"And every year, he randomly picks out a queen." (Junjin)

"Why randomly?" (Hyesung)

"I don't know. Because no one is my style?" (Eric)

"Oh. That makes sense." (Hyesung)

 

Shinhwa gets ready for the party. But Hyesung realizes he doesn't have anything to wear for the event.

"I don't have a suit." (Hyesung)

"I can lend you one but I don't think it's the right size for you." (Junjin)

"That's okay. I can make one." (Hyesung)

"MAKE ONE?" (Minwoo, Dongwan, Junjin, Andy) Eric doesn't seemed surprised for some reason.

"Yeah. My mom owns a boutique." (Hyesung)

"What's a boutique?" (Dongwan)

"From what I know, it's a place where people sell clothes. Right, hyung?" (Andy)

"Yeah. That's right. I can make one until tomorrow night." (Hyesung)

 

Meanwhile, in a dark surrounding, the ogre who attacked Shinhwa the other day was summoned to his masters.

"You idiot, ogre! You couldn't do anything!" 

"I'm sorry. But there was this other magician." (Ogre)

"Other magician? Tell us more."

"He was from Earth. I grabbed him but he escaped with his powers." (Ogre)

"He's from Earth you say. Interesting."

 

Back at Aira Academy, Hyesung was busy making his suit. He chose a dark blue fabric and started sewing. The others watch him as he sewed.

"Wow, he's good at this." (Minwoo)

"Yeah. I mean, he's the son of a boutique owner so a guess he has skills for his type of thing." (Dongwan)

"He's great." (Eric)

"Yeah, hyung. You should talk to him more." (Junjin)

"What. No, no. No way." (Eric)

"Why not?" (Andy)

Eric couldn't answer. He ran to his room.

"So... That happened." (Andy)

"Yeah, what is up with him? He's been like that since Hyesung moved in." (Minwoo)

He has been like that since Hyesung moved in. And this time he went to his room to hide his blushing.

 

It's the next day. The day of the fall formal. Everyone is getting ready. Minwoo was in charge of the flowers. Dongwan and Junjin were in charge of cleaning the ballroom. And Eric and Andy were in charge of the decorations. Hyesung was still busy with his suit. While they were working, it was already time for the party.

"Almost done." (Hyesung) Then he heard a sound.

"What was that?" He went out to find out what it was.

Then he was caught. "Oh, look here. He fell into our trap."

"What? Who are you?" (Hyesung)

"I'm Flint. The warlock of stone."

"I'm Icarus. The warlock of illusion."

"I'm Eve. The witch of the new moon." 

"Together, we're the Darkness Trio." 

"Darkness Trio?" (Hyesung)

"Yes. We heard about you." (Flint)

"You coming from Earth. And how you used our power to defeat our ogre." (Icarus)

"And so we've come for you and your powers." (Eve)

"No! I won't let you!" (Hyesung)

Then a bright light surrounded him. He transformed into his magician form.

"Now we're even." (Hyesung)

"Let's see about that." (Eve)

The Darkness Trio tried to attack Hyesung but he dodged every attack. Then he was tied to the tree.

"Now to finish you." (Flint)

"Hyesung!" Minwoo shouted as the others shoot the Darkness Trio down.

"We'll get you next time." (Icarus)

"What are you doing here?" (Hyesung)

"We were looking for you." (Dongwan)

"We couldn't get away from the teachers." (Junjin)

"We were worried about you, hyung." (Andy)

"I'm fine. You shot them down. Now I should get back to my suit." (Hyesung)

"Yeah. It's getting late." (Minwoo)

 

By the time they got back to their apartment, Hyesung's suit was finished. 

"Did you guys..." (Hyesung)

"No we didn't." (Dongwan)

"Then, who..." There, he saw a note.

It said, 'I saw your suit wasn't finished so I finished it for you. Hope you like it. -Eric-'

"Eric finished it?" Minwoo said in disbelief.

"I guess he did." Hyesung said as he saw a six-pointed star crystal on the tie.

"Well, let's get going." (Andy)

 

There were the teachers at the podium, and the others were getting ready to pick the king.

"And this years king is... Eric!"

Everyone cheered. But Eric doesn't seemed surprised. He's been the king every year since he enrolled.

"Thank you. Now I have a confession to make. I made the crowns for the king and queen since I enrolled here." (Eric)

There were gaspes all over the place. "Eric made the crowns?" "What a shock."

"Yes. And I was looking forward to someone else to wear the king's crown. But every year, it had been me. I knew it was going to be me again so this year I already have someone in mind that I would like to give the other king's crown." (Eric)

"Other king's crown?" "Not queen's crown?" "What does he mean?"

While the other's were chatting, Eric went closely to Hyesung. 

"This crown belongs to you, my king." (Eric)

"What... you mean?" (Hyesung)

"Yes. I wanted you to have the crown." (Eric)

Now that was a surprise. Eric crowned Hyesung king of the fall formal and they danced together. The others chimed in too. Minwoo and Dongwan, Junjin and Andy, Eric and Hyesung. They all danced throughout the night.

--------------------------