24. Believe it or not

Magic Shinhwa

The next day, the incident on the school grounds have spread across campus. Heechul could see others staring at him. He felt very uncomfortable. Then he meets up with his friends.

"Heechul. Are you okay?" (Jungmo)

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" (Heechul)

"Who was that guy? Do you know him?" (Yunho)

"Yes but we only met 2 days ago." (Heechul)

They went to class but Heechul was called to the principal's office. He was worried that he got in trouble for something. He knocked on the door.

"Come in." (Principal)

"Am I in trouble?" (Heechul)

"No. I just wanted to talk to you. We have a temporary student." (Principal) He turns around to see Hangeng.

"What are you doing here, Hannie?" (Heechul)

"I thought I'd be with you at all cost. After what happened yesterday." (Hangeng)

"I heard about you two going to attend Aira Academy soon. I talked with the headmaster and I approved. Just say when and you can transfer." (Principal)

"Oh. Thank you, principal." (Heechul)

They went back to the classroom and the bell rang. The teacher came in and then Hangeng. The others looks startled.

"Today we have a temporary student joinging us for a while. Please introduce yourself." (Teacher)

"I'm Hangeng and I came from China. And if any of you hurt Chullie, you'll be dead meat!" (Hangeng) 

The entire class (except Heechul) got scared of him. That's what he wanted. He wanted them to be scared of him so they couldn't get close to Heechul. This is going to take some time getting used to.

 

On Shinhwa's side, they also have their jobs as idols. They're having their first comeback in months. They went to the Cosmic Entertainment building and talked with the CEO.

"Welcome back, boys. So, your new song will be called Eusha! Eusha!" (CEO)

"Is it going to be a summer song?" (Hyesung)

"Yes. As summer is comming, I thought that you'll need one." (CEO)

"Alright then. Eusha! Eusha! it is." (Eric)

After the conference, they met up with Exo.

"Hyesung sunbaenim!" 

"Hey guys." (Hyesung)

"You're back." (Baekhyun)

"Yeah and it looks like we're going to promote here for a while." (Hyesung)

"Really? Then will see each other more and more." (Sehun)

"I guess you're right." (Hyesung)

"Well, we'd better get going. See you later, sunbaenim." (Suho)

"Yeah. See you later." (Hyesung)

"They were..." (Minwoo)

"My hoobaes." (Hyesung)

"Oh." (Minwoo, Dongwan, Junjin, Andy)

"Well then, we'd better get going too." (Eric)

 

Meanwhile in Seoul Arts University, the students were staring at Heechul and Hangeng. They were scared of them, primarily Hangeng. They remember him with the wooden sword and worried that he might carry more weapons. 

"I don't like this. Maybe you went more than a little overboard." (Heechul)

"You think. I didn't think so. They were about to kill you." (Hangeng)

"I don't know about killing but they were pretty violent." (Heechul)

They went to the cafeteria. It was noisy but when they came in, it was imediately quiet. They went to an empty table and had lunch. Then Heechul's friends came to them.

"Hi. You're the new kid, right?" (Jay)

"Yes. I'm only here for a while though." (Hangeng)

"You were brave back there. No one stood up to Kanghan and his gang." (Yunho)

"I had to. They tried to kill Chullie." (Hangeng)

"Not kill, Hannie. Just being violent. Where's Jungsoo?" (Heechul)

"He's at a school council meeting. After what happened yesterday." Jungmo looks at Hangeng.

"Pretty cute though. You already gave each other nicknames?" (Jay)

"We knew each other since we were young. I called him Chullie since we met." Hageng had to lie about that to make it sound more believable.

"Really? How come you never told us about him?" (Jay)

"We lost contact when I came back from China." Heechul had to lie too. They can't tell them that they're magicians yet.

 

After school, they went to Comet Shop to see Shinhwa and to train Heechul for their next battle against the black wizards. While they were there, Heechul got a call from Yesung.

"Hyung. Where are you?" (Yesung)

"I didn't told you? I have a new job." (Heechul)

"You didn't tell us about having a job." (Yesung)

"I got it this morning. I'm sure I told you." (Heechul)

"You sure?" (Yesung)

"I'm sure." Heechul hangs up.

Just then the black wizards appeared. They were attacking the central park. They transformed and went to stop them. The adult civillians couldn't believe what they're seeing but the younger ones can. As they cheered them on, Shinhwa's powers got stronger.

"Raging Flames!" (Hyesung)

"Light of Courage!" (Eric)

"Windy Spiral!" (Junjin)

The wizards kept getting hit. But then they see trembling people. They tried to attack them but...

"Floral Shield!" Minwoo puts up little barriers to protect the people.

"Ugh, what now?" (Hraefn)

"Splashing Stream!" (Dongwan)

"Shock Wave!" (Andy)

"AH!" The wizards got shocked and fell to the ground.

"What's going on?" (Alvah)

"The power of the people's hearts is what makes us stronger and you weaker." (Hyesung)

The wizards were about to leave when Heechul and Hangeng stood in front of them.

"Heechul, Hangeng. No!" (Eric)

"Freeze!" Heechul freezes the wizards.

"Power of the Ox!" Hangeng kicks them into the sky.

The people cheered on them. They never seem anyone do that before. The reporters came imediately to see what was up.

"We're here today because there was an attack right here in central park. But luckily eight mysterious people save the civillians. Who are they and can we trust them?"

 

Afte the fight, Heechul goes back home. He didn't want to attract his brothers but unfortunatly he did.

"Hyung, we saw the news. You were at central park?" (Kangin)

"Yeah... I didn't expect that to happen." (Heechul)

"Are you okay?" (Ryeowook)

"I'm okay. There's nothing to worry about." (Heechul) 

There are so many things to worry about. He has to keep a secret that he's a magician and that he and another are being hunted. The one thing he knew was he had to protect them at any cost of his life.


Sunbae means senior and hoobae means junior. Starting from this chapter, Eric, Minwoo, Dongwan, Hyesung and Heechul are 18, Junjin and Hangeng are 17 and Andy is 16. Also some of the powers of the Chinese Zodiac will be based on the talismans' powers in Jackie Chan Adventures and the powers in Miraculous Ladybug.