22. The Earth magicians

Magic Shinhwa

They try again the next day. They split up into two groups of three this time. 

Eric, Dongwan and Junjin.

Minwoo, Hyesung and Andy.

They search for the magician but again with no luck. Then they sense a bit of magical energy.

"You feel it too?" (Minwoo)

"Yeah. It's coming from that way." (Andy)

"Then let's follow it." (Hyesung)

 

They follow the energy waves to find out where they're coming from. When they get close, they reach a house that Hyesung found familiar.

"Wait. This is Heechul's house." (Hyesung)

"You know him?" (Andy)

"Yeah. We went to the same school." (Hyesung)

It was weird. Unless Heechul could be one of the two magicians. But if he is, how do they convince him to join them?

"Hey, Hyesung. Long time no see." (Heechul)

"Yeah. You too, Heechul." (Hyesung)

"What are you doing here. I thought you transfered." (Heechul)

"I did. We're on an assignment." (Hyesung)

"Well, have fun then." (Heechul)

"Actually Heechul, we need to talk about something." (Hyesung)

 

They call the rest and go to Hyesung's place, trying to explain to Heechul what's going on.

"So, you're all magician like from the books?" (Heechul)

"Yes." (Eric)

"And you're saying that I'm a magician too?" (Heechul)

"The tracking spells are usually accurate so it must be." (Andy)

"How do we prove that?" (Minwoo) 

Dongwan shows his water powers and Junjin shows his wind powers. It was enough to make Heechul believe them.

"I get it. So I'm a magician. Is there anymore magician on Earth?" (Heechul)

"No. You and one more are the only ones still alive." (Hyesung)

"Only ones still alive? What happened to the others?" (Heechul)

"They were all captured by the black wizards. And their next target is you and the other magician." (Eric)

"We're here to protect you and train you for the battle against the wizards." (Andy)

"So, what are my powers? And where do they come from?" (Heechul)

"We can find out like this." Andy brings out a vial with a potion in it. "We can use this to see where your powers come from."

"They mix Heechul magic with the potion. It's starts to turn Green, meaning Earth. The top half was shimmering while the bottom half wasn't.

"The top half means your mother's side and the bottom half means your father's side." (Junjin)

"That means your powers come from your mother." (Dongwan)

"My mother's a magician?" (Heechul)

"It has to be." (Minwoo)

Heechul couldn't believe it. His father did say he was special but not in this way. But he knew he had to accept his fate.

 

After the conversation with Shinhwa, Heechul goes home with a still curious look on his face. When he got home, his brothers noticed his face.

"Hyung, what are you thinking about?" (Yesung)

"Nothing, Jongwoon (Yesung's just a nickname given to him by his friends)." (Heechul)

"You sure? That face means you learned something unexpected." (Kibum)

"I'm fine Kibum. Nothing to worry about." (Heechul)

"Okay. If you say so." (Kibum)

Heechul has two other brothers. Youngwoon or Kangin to his friends and Ryeowook. Ever since their father disappeared, Heechul looked after them. Even though they tell each other about everything, they haven't noticed that Heechul's been hiding something from them.

 

The next day, Heechul prepared breakfast with a still curious look. Because of his constant thinking about his powers, he almost burns breakfast.

"Hyung, the stove." (Kangin)

"Oh. Sorry guys. Guess breakfast is a little burnt." (Heechul)

"That okay. We'd better hurry or else we're going to be late." (Ryeowook)

The brothers ate their breakfast quickly and got to school on time. Heechul meets up with his friends, Park Jungsoo or Leeteuk, Kim Kyunwoo or Jay, Kim Jungmo and Jung Yunho.

"Hey Heechul. Hurry up. We're going to be late." (Leeteuk)

"Coming." (Heechul)

 

After school, Heechul goes to Hyesung's place and learns more about his powers.

"So, let's see what your powers are." (Andy)

Heechul concentrates on the glass bottle in front of him, hoping that it would shatter. It did shatter but it put back together again. There were no cracks on the bottle.

"Let's try something else." (Hyesung)

They place an old cuckoo clock on the table. Heechul concentrates on the clock and the hands went backwards. As the hands went backwards, time went backwards.

"Put it back." (Eric)

Heechul moves time forward again. His powers are certain. He can control time.

"It seems that your specialty power in time control." (Minwoo)

"So that would explain it." Heechul says softly.

"Explain what?" (Dongwan)

"Oh... nothing." (Heechul)

Now that they found one of the two missing Earth magicians, now they need to find the last one. This was not going to be easy because they're not in Korea. But they have to start somewhere. Just then, the something shook the ground.

"What was that?!" (Hyesung) They look outside the window. It was the black wizards.

"They look scarier than what we saw in the archives." (Junjin)

"But we have to fight them." (Andy)

"Heechul, stay here. It could be too dangerous for you right now." (Hyesung)

"Okay." (Heechul)

 

"Well, well. The stars of Aira. What an honor." 

"What honor do you evil ones give?" (Minwoo)

"Who are you?" (Eric)

"I'm Alvah. This is Samael, Ernesh, and Hraefn. We are the black wizards." 

"And what are you here for?" (Hyesung)

"We're here for the last magician on Earth. Show us to him." (Alvah)

"We won't!" (Dongwan)

They battle against one another. Shinhwa keeps getting hit by the wizards. Their Enchantment powers still got them throught though. Heechul looked outside. He couldn't stand what's happening to his friends. Then he saw a flower in the garden. He used his powers to rapidly grow the flower to tie around the wizards. 

"Minwoo, did you...?" (Eric)

"Not me." (Minwoo)

"Then it must be..." (Hyesung) They look through the window.

The wizards break free from the flower. "We'll be back." (Alvah)

They went inside. "Heechul, did you do that?" (Eric)

"I guess I did." (Heechul)

 

Before it became too late, Heechul went back home. He found out what his powers are. And he knew he couldn't tell his brothers about it.

"Why did you came so late, hyung?" (Ryeowook)

"I had some business to take care of." He had to lie about it.

"Okay. Well, get some sleep. We don't want to late tomorrow." (Ryeowook)

He looks at the time. It's already 9:50 pm. While trying to sleep, he kept thinking about something. Something that he couldn't tell anyone, especially his brothers.