20. The prison dimension

Magic Shinhwa

It's been 3 weeks since Hyesung got pulled into the prison dimension. Just one more week until they can open the portal again. But Eric couldn't wait anymore. He just wants to see Hyesung again. 

Finally the day has arrived. The went back to Trident and the portal. They start chanting the portal's opening spell. The gate opens and added a spell that keeps it open until they get out. 

"Right. Now for the moment of truth. You guys know the plan?" (Eric)

"Yes. We find Hyesung and bring him back." (Minwoo)

"Are you sure we can do this?" (Junjin)

"We have to. Otherwise we're not complete." (Eric)

 

They go into the prison dimension. It was cold and the whole place is covered in ice. It was worse than they imagined. How can anyone survive in a place like this? Most of the criminals are frozen but some of them broke out of the ice. How can they survive if the place has no heat or food?

"Scary." (Dongwan)

"I know." (Andy)

"How can we find him? This place is huge." (Minwoo)

"We'll just search from top to bottom." (Eric)

"You really think Hyesung hyung is here somewhere?" (Junjin)

"He has to be." (Eric)

 

They decided to split up to find him. Minwoo and Dongwan went one direction and Eric, Junjin and Andy went the other way. They searched for hours. On Minwoo and Dongwan side, they came across a cavern and saw something coming their way.

"What is it?" (Dongwan)

"I don't know but we're about to find out." (Minwoo)

"I don't know who you are or what you're about to do but I... wait. Minwoo! Dongwan!" (Hyesung)

"Hyesung!" (Minwoo, Dongwan)

"I'm so happy to see you." (Hyesung)

"Us too. How have you been?" (Minwoo)

"You know. It's been cold. But I have my fire powers with me so everything's okay." (Hyesung)

"Well, we'd better get back. The others are here looking for you too." (Dongwan)

"They're here?" (Hyesung)

"Yes. We've been searching for you for hours." (Minwoo)

"So we also find them." (Dongwan)

But just as they were about to, they were met by some of the unfrozen criminals. They tried to run but the criminals want to put up a fight. At first they didn't want to but they had no other choice. They had to fight for their lives. Dongwan gets hit. Then Minwoo. Hyesung was no match for them and he beat them with literally one finger and an attack spell. The criminals were starting to get scared of him. Then they ran off.

"Wow, Hyesung. You scared them off." (Minwoo)

"Guess they're not used to fire." (Hyesung)

"Well, we'd be better get going." (Dongwan)

 

On the other side, they were having a hard time. A giant serpent was trying to attack them. Junjin and Andy fused and tried to attack it but it didn't work. Then they see that it has the Valkyrie mark on it. That means Valkyrie had marked it before she escaped. Eric knew he had to be the one to burn it but he couldn't get close enough to do it. 

"If... Only... I could..." (Eric)

"Eric!" (Hyesung)

"Hye... Sung..." (Eric)

"Oh no you don't." Minwoo catches the serpent with vines. But the serpent breaks free and tries to attack him.

"Minwoo!" Dongwan embraces Minwoo and marks starts to form on their hands. They were fusing.

"Wow. You fused." (Hyesung)

He used his powers to catch the serpent before it attacks again. 

"Thanks." (Eric)

But the serpent breaks free. Minwoo and Dongwan defuse and so does Junjin and Andy. They used too much of their powers.

"I think I can tame it." (Hyesung)

"No, Hyesung. It's too dangerous." (Minwoo)

"I have to try." Hyesung gets closer to the serpent. "Enchantment!" He transforms into his Enchantment form.

"Enchantment. But how?" (Eric) 

"He must of earned them when he was closing the portal. That's what that light was." (Andy)

"Dragon Blade!" (Hyesung) He attacks the serpent and it has effect. The serpent was feeling pain.

"There, there. It's okay." He was able to tame the serpent.

"Wow, Hyesung. How did you do that?" (Eric)

"I've been studying the creatures of the prison dimension. And I know their likes and dislikes." (Hyesung)

"And you knew about the serpent's weak spot." (Andy)

"Yes. And I was able to burn the Valkyrien marks on the creatures here." (Hyesung)

"Well, let's get out of here." (Junjin)

"Yeah, I don't think the opening spell will last any longer." (Eric)

 

So they escaped the prison dimension and started to chant the closing spell. The portal is closed. Shinhwa is back together and they went back to Aira Academy to celebrate.

"Hyesung. We're so glad that you returned." (Mister Magia)

"Thank you, Mister Magia." (Hyesung)

"So, what happened back there?" (Eric)

"After the portal closed, I saw a light forming around me. After I fell, I found out that I earned by Enchantment form." (Hyesung)

"Yes but since you didn't save anyone from your home planet, your powers are incomplete." (Mister Magia)

"I know. But at least I can chant the healing spell." (Hyesung)

"Well, that great. But there is another problem. Valkyrie is still at Night Tower. The students and teachers need to go back to resume their classes." (Miss Lucia)

"We'll just have to pull her out of there. And with Hyesung with us, I know we can do it." (Eric)

-------------------------

Junjin and Andy's fusion's name is Lan (Chinese for storm) and Minwoo and Dongwan's fusion's name is Ziran (Chinese for nature).