19. Back to the portal

Magic Shinhwa

Now only is Hyesung is left to get the Enchantment form. But his home is destryoed, so how can he get his new powers. That's not the thing that he's most worried about. The thing he's most worried about is Valkyrie. She's trying to conquer the magic dimension and she almost took over three kingdoms. If it wasn't for Shinhwa, they would have been taken over. 

"You okay, Hyesung?" (Eric)

"No. I'm thinking about Valkyrie and Pyros." (Hyesung)

"What about them?" (Eric)

"She said that she destroyed everything, including my parents. Why did she do it?" (Hyesung)

"You're right. Those are some big questions." (Eric)

"And I can't just ask her in person. What if she's lying?" (Hyesung)

"Don't worry, Sung-ah. We'll find answers soon." (Eric)

And they hope they will.

 

The next day, as Shinhwa were going for breakfast, the other students were staring at them.

"Have you heard?" "About what?" "About Hyesung."

They knew they were talking about Hyesung. Eric went to ask them what they heard.

"What did you hear about him?" (Eric)

"We heard that he was from the lost kingdom of Pyros. Is it true?" 

They hesitate for a bit. Then headmaster Magia came to them.

"Well, it is true that Hyesung is from Pyros." (Mister Magia)

"See!" "It is true." "I can't believe it." They could hear gasps and gossips from all over the place. 

Hyesung suddenly felt ashamed. He thinks he should have told them earlier. The rest of Shinhwa go to comfort him.

"You okay?" (Minwoo)

"No." (Hyesung)

"You worried about all the gossip about you?" (Dongwan)

"Yes. I'm not ready to talk about it." (Hyesung)

"We understand. We'll let them know that you're uncomfortable." (Eric)

"Thanks, guys." (Hyesung)

"It's nothing, hyung. That's what friends do." (Junjin)

"Yeah, hyung. Nothing to worry about." (Andy)

 

While training, they learn the spells and how to open and close the portal to the prison dimension. They can only work once every 30 days. Just then, Dongwan gets a call from Cora.

"Hello? She's what?! Okay, we'll be right over." (Dongwan)

"What is it, Dongwan hyung?" (Andy)

"Cora says that Valkyrie and the Darkness Trio are back at the portal to the prison dimension." (Dongwan)

"What could they possibly want there?" (Minwoo)

"Maybe they want to free more criminals." (Eric)

"Possibly. But to make sure." (Hyesung)

"We have to go back." (Junjin) They all agree.

"Charm!" "Enchantment!" They transform. Then they teleport to Trident and the portal.

 

They head to the portal and see Valkyrie and the Darkness Trio trying to open the gate.

"Oh, great. The magicians are back again." (Flint)

"We'll handle them." (Icarus)

"No. I'll do it." (Valkyrie)

"Okay, then we'll continue opening the portal." (Eve)

"Work on it." (Valkyrie)

"We'll won't let you open the portal again." (Eric)

"Try and stop us." (Valkyrie)

"And we will! Fire Stream!" (Hyesung)

And so the fight in Trident has begun again.

 

They use their spells to try and stop the Darkness Trio from opening the gate.

"Sun Beam!" (Eric)

"AH!" (Eve)

"Raging Tide!" (Dongwan)

"AH!" (Flint)

"Shock Wave!" (Andy)

"Ow! Why you!" (Icarus) He starts to attack them.

"Brother! The task!" (Flint)

"Not until we take care of them!" (Icarus)

"He's right, brother." (Eve)

"No. I'll do it. Get back to opening the portal." (Valkyrie)

She attacks them but with their new powers, they were able to get to her without getting hit. Hyesung was already pretty matched with her so he didn't have any problems. But then the gateway cracked. The portal was opening.

"Oh no. We're too late." (Junjin)

"It's open. Let's get into the prison dimension." (Valkyrie)

"NO! I won't let you!" (Hyesung)

"And what are you going to do about it?" (Icarus)

"I'll close it!" Dongwan tries to get close to it but fails. Everyone else tries but there's nothing they can do. Then Hyesung tries. As he does he gets attacked by the Darkness Trio. But he didn't give up.

"I want to save my friends. I want to save my family. I want to save everyone!" Hyesung attacks the Darkness Trio and then runs to the portal.

"Hyesung! NO! Don't do it!" (Eric)

Hyesung starts chanting the portal's closing spell and tries to close it. Then a light forms around him. But before the rest can see what happens the portal closed. Hyesung has gone into the prison dimension.

"NO! NO! NO!" (Eric)

"Eric." (Minwoo, Dongwan) "Eric hyung." (Junjin, Andy) They felt bad for him.

"We have to open the portal again! WHERE ARE THEY?!" (Eric)

"Eric. They left." (Minwoo)

"Left?! What do you mean they left?! They're the ones who managed to open it! They have to do it again!" (Eric)

"Eric hyung. There's nothing we can do." (Andy)

"He's gone." (Dongwan)

"No! No! This can't be. He can't be gone." (Eric)

"Hyung." (Junjin)

 

Without Hyesung, Shinhwa is incomplete. They cried all the way back to Aria and told the headmaster everything that happened.

"So, Hyesung went through the portal?" (Mister Magia)

"Yes." They said sadly.

"We'll have to wait another 30 days for the portal to be able to open again." (Mister Magia)

"So we have to wait a month? I can't wait that long." (Eric)

"But you have to. The portal's spells only work once each time." (Mister Magia) And he was right.

For now, Shinhwa has to work as 5 and have to wait for a month until the portal can be opened again.

---------------------------