1. Magical day

Magic Shinhwa

Today was the first day of summer break. Jung Hyesung is a student at Seoul Arts University. He's lived a pretty normal life. He lives with his adopted parents. He found out that he was adopted when he was 11 years old but he accepted his adoption because he knew his birth parents couldn't take care of him. His mother owns a jewerly shop, boutique and flower shop and his father works as a firefighter. He helps his mother in her shop but he also works as a singer named Shin Hyesung. He only changed his last name, but no one notices the difference between Jung Hyesung and Shin Hyesung. Well, besides his parents.

"Hyesung, wake up." (Mrs. Jung)

"Mmm, five more minutes." (Hyesung)

"Today's your day off, and you're going to spend it sleeping?" (Mr. Jung)

"No!" (Hyesung)

Hyesung quickly got up, got dressed, and headed out to park on his bike. It was sunny today and Hyesung felt fine. That is, until his school bully stopped him.

"Now, where are you going, Jung Pilkyo?" (Kanghan)

"I'm going to the park, and the name's Hyesung. I don't know why you keep calling me that when it's not my real name." (Hyesung)

"Because it's the perfect name for a nerd like you." (Kanghan)

"Well, I need to get going. See you after break." (Hyesung)

Hyesung hated Kanghan and his friends. He told his parents about them and even went to the principal's office several times. The principlal did scold them but that didn't seemed to work every time.

 

He reached the park. He sets his bike next to the tree. He takes a nap under the tree until...

BOOM!

"What was that?" (Hyesung)

An explosion happened at the other side of the park. He went to see what it was. There, he saw a monster and 5 people. Or who looked like people.

"Watch out!"

Hyesung tried to run but was blocked by an ogre.

"What is that?!" He tries to run the other way.

"Oh no you don't." (Ogre)

"Let go of him." 

"I won't. Until you tell me who has the ultimate power." (Ogre)

(Ultimate power?) Hyesung thought to himself.

"And we won't. Now let go of him." But the ogre won't let go.

Then Hyesung had enough. "LET GO!"

A bright light surrounds him and a dragon appeared. The ogre let go and it and the monster escaped. Then Hyesung fainted.

"Well, that's done. Let's head back."

"I'll be with you soon. There's something I have to do."

"Okay, but be quick Eric."

"I will." (Eric)

 

Hyesung woke up in his room. He wondered how he got to his house when the last thing he remembers was hideous monsters and 5 strange people at the park.

"Hyesung, you woke up. I was so worried." (Mrs. Jung)

"Mom, what happened?" (Hyesung)

"Someone told me you fainted at the park. He brought you here." (Mrs. Jung)

"Yeah, mom. You won't believe what I saw there. There was a monster and an ogre and magicians. They looked like they came out of a story book." (Hyesung)

"I'll be right back." (Mrs. Jung)

(She doesn't believe me, huh.) Hyesung thought. Or that's what he thought. 

His mother was calling someone. "Hello? I think it's time."

"Time for what?" (Hyesung)

"Time to transfer to another school." (Mrs. Jung)

"WHAT!" (Hyesung)

Jung Hyesung 'was' a student Seoul Arts University. Now he's a student at a school he doesn't know about.

"Hyesung-ah, I think it's time you learned the truth." (Mr. Jung)

"Truth about what? I already know I'm adopted." (Hyesung)

"Not that kind of truth." (Mr. Jung)

 

Just then, the doorbell rang. There stood a man wearing strange clothes.

"Hello, Hyesung." 

"How do you know my name?" (Hyesung)

"I'm Mister Magia. I'm an old friend of your parents." (Mister Magia)

"Welcome. We have a lot to talk about." (Mr. Jung)

"Yes. First, about you Hyesung." (Mister Magia)

"What about me?" (Hyesung)

"Your origins. You're a magician." (Mister Magia)

"I'm a what?!" (Hyesung)

"A magician. You're from the magic dimension." (Mister Magia)

"No. That's not true." (Hyesung)

"Hyesung. He's telling the truth." (Mrs. Jung)

"Even if he's telling the truth, then what about my birth parents. Are they...?" (Hyesung)

"They're the King and Queen of Pyros, the fire kingdom." (Mister Magia)

"King? Queen? Does that make me a prince?" (Hyesung)

"Yes. You are the missing prince of Pyros. And I would like you to join my school so I can train you." (Mister Magia)

"To what?" (Hyesung)

"To searching for your birth parents." (Mister Magia)

"Then, I get to see them?" (Hyesung)

"Yes. You get to see them. But no matter what, we'll always be your parents." (Mrs. Jung)

"Thanks, mom. Okay. I think I'm ready." (Hyesung)

--------------------------