21. Valkyrie's forfeit and New mission

Magic Shinhwa

Valkyrie felt like there was some kind of mistake in her and that she was getting weaker. It was becaues the flames of light are getting stronger. She went to the library to see the history of herself and found something that shocked her. She found at that she was made to fight to ancestral warlocks, not destroy her birth place. She started to cry. Then she sees some kind of sign. A new enemy has arrived.

"Who are you?" (Valkyrie)

"We are the black wizards. We came for Hyesung." 

"Why are you targeting him?" (Valkyrie)

"He's the last magician on Earth." 

"No, he's not. He's from Pyros. The kingdom... I... destoryed..." (Valkyrie)

"Well then, we'll have to look somewhere else."

The image of the black wizards disappear. Valkyrie was shaking in fear.

"Hyesung... I have to warn him." (Valkyrie)

"Valkyrie, what are you..." (Icarus) She then attacks him.

"Hey!"(Eve)

"What was that for?" (Flint)

"I made a mistake. I have been created for the wrong reason. Get out of here!" She blasted them away out of Night Tower. Then she went to Aira Academy. She had to talk to Hyesung.

 

Shinhwa, in the meanwhile, are having a slumber party in Eric's room. 

"Finally, after all this time, we're back together." (Eric)

"Eric hyung, it's only been a month." (Andy)

"That month felt like years for me." He said sarcastically. But then they here a shout.

"Help us. Valkyrie's in the library!" (Librarian)

"What?!" (Shinhwa) They run to the library.

"Enchantment!" They all transform into their magician forms.

 

The reach the library. They see Valkyrie but she's just standing there. What could she want?

"What are you doing here?" (Hyesung)

"I came to see you Hyesung." (Valkyrie)

"For what?" Eric was about to attack when Valkyrie started to cry.

"She's crying?" (Junjin)

"I wanted to tell about your birth parents. You may not believe me but this is the truth." Valkyrie pulls out a flashback spell. "The ancestral warlocks are responsible for your parents deaths. They created me and used me to destroy Pyros."

"What? What are you talking about?" (Hyesung)

"I can only live for so long as the flames for darkness. I can't be alive for long. The flames are dying. They're turning into light." (Valkyrie)

"So you're saying that..." (Eric)

"I'm forfeiting. I realized I made a terrible mistake. After I saw Hyesung getting pulled into prison dimension, I knew I did something wrong." (Valkyrie)

"What are you saying?" (Hyesung)

"I decided to destroy myself. I can't live with this guilt any longer. And I thought I'd do it in front of you. But before I do that, I need to tell you something." (Valkyrie)

"What?" (Shinhwa)

"There is a new threat. The black wizards." (Valkyrie)

"Wait! Who are they?" (Hyesung) But it was too late to get answers. She was already chanting the self-oblivion spell. She's gone from the magic dimension forever.

 

They went to ask the headmaster who Valkyrie was talking about. Who are the black wizards?

"They black wizards are the ones who made magic disappear from Earth." (Mister Magia) They couldn't believe what they're hearing.

"There was magic on Earth?" (Dongwan)

"Yes. And there were magicians on earth as well. The black wizards took their powers and trapped them in a pocket dimension." (Mister Magia)

"So, Valkyrie was saying that we should bring magic back to Earth?" (Minwoo)

"Yes. And I can't believe she was redeemed." (Mister Magia)

"She realized she was created for the wrong reason." (Hyesung)

"So, our next mission is clear. Bring magic back to Earth." (Eric)

"And there is also one thing. There are rumors that two Earth magicians are left." (Mister Magia)

"Then we'll have to find them." (Andy)

"But how?" (Junjin)

"With a more advanced version of the tracking spell." (Andy)

"But we'll have to be careful. The wizards might see this." (Eric)

They start to enchant the tracking spell. The background changes around them and they that there in a familiar place.

"Isn't this..." (Minwoo)

"It's Seoul. One of the last magicians is in Seoul." (Hyesung)

"That's your hometown." (Junjin)

"Then our location is set. Shinhwa, we're going to Seoul." (Eric)

 

They soon arrive on Earth. And of course, the first place they go to is Hyesung's home. His parents weren't expecting them.

"Did you invite someone?" (Mr. Jung)

"No. Who could it be?" (Mrs. Jung)

"Hello." "Hi." "Nice to see you again."

"But, boys." (Mrs. Jung)

"Hi, Mom." (Hyesung)

"Hyesung, it's such a nice surprise." (Mrs. Jung)

"And nice to see you boys again. What are you doing here?" (Mr. Jung)

"We're here for a new mission. We have to bring magic back to Earth and find the last two magicians." (Hyesung)

"That sounds like it could be tricky. Earth is a large place to find someone." (Mrs. Jung)

"We know. But that's okay. One of them lives here in Seoul." (Eric)

"And we need to protect him. Whoever it is." (Minwoo)

"Well, I'm sure you boys and handle it. In the meantime, why don't you help me in the shop." (Mrs. Jung)

"We'd love to. Come one guys." (Hyesung)

 

They went to work in the shop. The others had trouble working without magic but Eric didn't seem to have any problems.

"Wow, Eric. How do you do that?" (Dongwan)

"I worked here until 6 years ago. That's why I'm familiar with using no magic." (Eric)

"You make it look so easy." (Andy)

"Yeah but you'll get used to it." (Eric) And hope they will.

After their shift, they went to search for the magician.

"Remember, only use the tracking spell. We don't want any surprises to the civillians." (Eric)

"Got it." Then they split up. 

Eric and Hyesung. 

Minwoo and Dongwan.

Junjin and Andy.

They kept looking for the magician for hours but couldn't find him. Eric and Hyesung bumped into Kanghan though.

"So, you're back huh." (Kanghan)

"Yeah. So what, Kanghan?" (Hyesung)

"Shouldn't you be in school?" (Kanghan) Hyesung was about to lash in anger when Eric step foot.

"We're here for an assignment. So it's none of your business." (Eric)

"Okay then. Have a nice assignment period." Kanghan said sarcastially.

"Wasn't he your..." (Eric)

"Yes, Eric. He's my bully." (Hyesung)

"That means he's the one who pushed you and made you lose your memories." (Eric)

"Yeah. I can't forgive him for that." (Hyesung)

They call each other and decide to meet up at the park.

"Any luck?" (Minwoo)

"No." (Junjin)

"Well, we should try tomorrow. It's getting late." (Andy)

And they did. They better have more luck tomorrow. Otherwise, Earth will be at stake.


I know Valkyrie's defeat sounds a bit rushed, but I think at least one villian needs a redemption.